Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash at Ring

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 08:41 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

When I did private days they issued each driver a yellow flag that we could wave to warn oncoming drivers. I only had clean days and never got to use the flag. :-)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:13 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

This video reminds me of ferrari club events. Didn't matter how many times we told drivers to stay in the car, someone would go wandering around a hot track after an incident.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:22 AM
Prelude Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I was expecting the video to be the one where a guy crashed his car with his GF in the passenger seat. They get out and he is consoling her while they are STILL ON THE TRACK!!!

One thing that makes me the most mad at track events is when there's an incident and for some reason, the drivers behind the incident have to slow down almost to a standstill just to look. I always safely pass the incident as fast as I can.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:17 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by Prelude Guy
I was expecting the video to be the one where a guy crashed his car with his GF in the passenger seat. They get out and he is consoling her while they are STILL ON THE TRACK!!!

One thing that makes me the most mad at track events is when there's an incident and for some reason, the drivers behind the incident have to slow down almost to a standstill just to look. I always safely pass the incident as fast as I can.
No different from an accident on a highway. People are generally idiots.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:49 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Seems to me that he was watching oncoming traffic in his mirrors and opened the door when the "coast was clear", then jumped behind the guard rail. If that were me, I would NOT stay in the car, especially after watching all the Ring video's. What I would not have done was stay close to the rail. I would have been so far in the woods, that my biggest worry would be bears.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:59 AM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

American: We're the stupidest drivers in the world!
European: Hold my beer...
Old 11-22-2020, 06:41 PM
LagunaFanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Was there last weekend for my first time, can’t believe how many people rearranged the Armco. It was wet/dry maybe 50/50. You would think most people would slow down when they can’t see if it’s wet or dry. And really nice cars at that. Apparently, you absolutely have to set the fastest lap in the world regardless of conditions.

all of that aside, it is an amazing place and can’t wait to go back!

Quick Reply: Crash at Ring