Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18-20

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 05:50 PM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I had a blast as usual and had thoughts of punting Luigi a few times when passing. ( I didn't ) I did my ballerina spin in one and five on the same lap in the first Sprint to keep everyone's attention. Seemed to work. It was also fantastic seeing old friends and making new ones.

I almost lapped BMan in the herpes mobile but he thwarted my efforts. I'll speak for all the Cup drivers, we had fun and behaved as USUAL.😜

Sorry about my back window blowing out. I suppose Porsche send the gods to collect more funds from my account.

See everyone soon.

Stu
Old 09-21-2020, 06:23 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smf32s
I had a blast as usual and had thoughts of punting Luigi a few times when passing. ( I didn't ) I did my ballerina spin in one and five on the same lap in the first Sprint to keep everyone's attention. Seemed to work. It was also fantastic seeing old friends and making new ones.

I almost lapped BMan in the herpes mobile but he thwarted my efforts. I'll speak for all the Cup drivers, we had fun and behaved as USUAL.😜

Sorry about my back window blowing out. I suppose Porsche send the gods to collect more funds from my account.

See everyone soon.

Stu
I was right behind you for both of those, there was fluid on the track and I almost joined you. My back window also went flying apparently something Porsche needs to work on.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:10 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Great weekend and thank you to Potomac and all the volunteers for their great work. This is really one of my favorite events of the year and again this year we had a great group of G cars attending. Extra points this year for the awesome weather, too.
Had a Blast Racing in G . But for my first real race WOW ... Just great fun.. and the 90 min Enduro, originally I thought "Wow thats a long time" Ended up being "Awww man, Its over already"? Had a Great Door to door race with another G car.. at least 10 laps..bumper to bumper.. . then that caution came out.. wow that was fun... and many thanks to all the volunteers for keeping us all organized and safe...! The weather was perfect... Turbos, love Frost in the AM...
L.V. Great meeting you as well, hope you did well in your enduro.. !
Old 09-21-2020, 07:28 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Great weekend and thank you to Potomac and all the volunteers for their great work. This is really one of my favorite events of the year and again this year we had a great group of G cars attending. Extra points this year for the awesome weather, too.
Sorry I missed you both on and off the track this year - meant to go find you in the paddock but never got to it. I was only there for Sat and had to start from the back w/ Omar. Had fun running through the pack until I caught up with another car who did a great job blocking me and generally driving like a dbag (who will remain nameless)- meaning another few clicks beyond driving overly defensive. I'm usually ahead of him so this was the first time I've had the misfortune of driving with him. Had 5-6 too much psi in my back tires and it was more than a handful and was all I could do to keep it on the track so just settled in and finished. Heard he was blocking in the enduro also. Next year I won't miss qual.

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Had a Blast Racing in G . But for my first real race WOW ... Just great fun.. and the 90 min Enduro, originally I thought "Wow thats a long time" Ended up being "Awww man, Its over already"? Had a Great Door to door race with another G car.. at least 10 laps..bumper to bumper.. . then that caution came out.. wow that was fun... and many thanks to all the volunteers for keeping us all organized and safe...! The weather was perfect... Turbos, love Frost in the AM...
L.V. Great meeting you as well, hope you did well in your enduro.. !
Good meeting you and glad you had a great time.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm still buzzing from such a great weekend. The Potomac chapter just hit it out of the park again under odd and difficult circumstances. They truly outdid themselves. Doing the same event year after year is hard work but this year they couldn't do that event, they had to create a new event. And that they did!

The other stars of the weekend were Atlanta Speedwerks. Todd Lamb, Brian, Kevin and Mike prepped my car relentlessly along with some fine tuning of the driver. The result was a clean sweep of the weekend and most importantly I got my my track record back. The old record was an embarrassingly slow 1:23.383 set by a man from far away. The new record, my record, is a mind bendingly fast 1:23.377. BOOYAH!

Could not have happened without ATLSPEEDWERKS. Every time I came off track they got my feed back and made adjustments. I can't thank them enough.

Still improvements to make. I was surprised at the bad habits I had developed at my home track. I'll continue to try to put Todd's words into action but for now this isn't the prettiest lap but it got the job done:

Last edited by Streak; 09-21-2020 at 08:14 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Streak:
brownan (09-22-2020), Frank 993 C4S (09-21-2020), ProCoach (09-25-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 08:16 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Here's two minutes of some pretty fun racing in the G stock class on laps 6 & 7 of Sunday's Enduro. For a class that has 3.6L 964, 3.2L Boxster S, 944 Turbos and 987.2 base Caymans it's amazing how close it all comes out in the wash.

Kudos to the SpeedSport guys for doing all the hard work on my car.
The following users liked this post:
forklift (09-22-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 09:54 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 251 Posts

Was my fist time and I can't say enough about the event. So well organized and run, you guys did an amazing job. How you arranged the weather forecast is phenomenal.

Unfortunately it was our weekend to make sacrifices to the racing gods... Bone head move on my part put the car into the tires on Thursday, but we got it patched up and good to go for a decent Qualifing on Friday... Saturday morning a bizarre mechanical failure (unrelated to the wreck) put us out for the rest of the weekend.

Such a fantastic event, will be back next year to try again.

​​
mkaunitz (09-22-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:09 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Bman
Pat and her team absolutely crushed it this year! The level organization, the amount of volunteers and all the little details, including the mobile/social distancing happy hours, were truly impressive. Made me proud to be a Potomac member. Kenny, the grid team was awesome!! Huge thanks to Pat & Donna and to the 100+ volunteers. Weather didn't suck either!!

And I agree with Luigi, the cup car group had some great, level headed racing. I had a blast and its got me wanting to race more.
Congrats on the track record by the way!
Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 72 Posts

Great Weekend! Thanks to Pat and her team for all the hard work. This is one of the best races of the year. The grid team was awesome! There was some good heads up driving in the Red group and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Looking forward to next year.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:21 AM
mkaunitz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank You from the Paddock Marshall

So happy that everyone had a great time with us last weekend. As always my wife and Donna thought of literally everything and got the right people in key support positions to make things happen. A special thank you to all of you racers who came out and made the event so special - we do it for you and seeing the smiling faces and hearing the positive comments is very satisfying. Spread the word and we can make 2021 even bigger and better!
Streak (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 09:59 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mkaunitz
make 2021 even bigger and better!
Better? Always. Bigger? Yikes! I may be the one race chair in the country that when I "worry about the numbers" it is about them creeping TOO HIGH!!!
Old 09-22-2020, 10:09 AM
mkaunitz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

be not afraid my love
Old 09-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
I'm still buzzing from such a great weekend. The Potomac chapter just hit it out of the park again under odd and difficult circumstances. They truly outdid themselves. Doing the same event year after year is hard work but this year they couldn't do that event, they had to create a new event. And that they did!

The other stars of the weekend were Atlanta Speedwerks. Todd Lamb, Brian, Kevin and Mike prepped my car relentlessly along with some fine tuning of the driver. The result was a clean sweep of the weekend and most importantly I got my my track record back. The old record was an embarrassingly slow 1:23.383 set by a man from far away. The new record, my record, is a mind bendingly fast 1:23.377. BOOYAH!

Could not have happened without ATLSPEEDWERKS. Every time I came off track they got my feed back and made adjustments. I can't thank them enough.

Still improvements to make. I was surprised at the bad habits I had developed at my home track. I'll continue to try to put Todd's words into action but for now this isn't the prettiest lap but it got the job done:
Congrats!
Streak (09-22-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 09:56 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak

there is easily another .003 in there if you clean that front window
Streak (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 10:54 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats to 944 Cup 2020 National East Champions crowned at Rock the Summit:

SP1: Mike Kelly
SP2: Robbie Wilson ( new class track record)
SP3: Brandon Collins ( new class track record)

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Nats%20...Awards_720.mov

Last edited by 944Cup; 09-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18-20