Hoosier tires for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hoosier tires for sale

Just posted an ad in the classifieds for a set of Hoosier (old style) tires that were used for three sessions. Sizes 245/40-18 and 265/35-18. Decided to stick with those slow Michelins instead If anyone is interested, I'll have them at the Potomac Summit Point DE this weekend.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Manny,
sorry to hijack your thread, but have you been getting your email? A friend of mine is trying to register for the Zone 2 event and has been unable to get a response from yourself or the registrar

BTW: if you wanna say hi to your old 17" Michelins, swing by my trailer this weekend!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,
Tell him to email me again, I get about 30-50 PCA emails a day. I do remember emailing someone who said he was your friend, but that was weeks ago. Email me privately at Carrerados@aol.com and I'll give you my office number. During the day is the best time to reach me...nighttime I spend with the kids...you know, cub scouts, choir, etc.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Tom D's 993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Manny - you instructed me at a Riesentoter Pocono event early last year. Sorry I can't use your size, but I noticed your comment. What are your thoughts on the Hoosier v. Pilot Sport Cup. The Hoosiers definitely get greasy after 10-12 heat cycles, but I like how light they are. The Pilots are a bit more, but last much longer?
Old 03-10-2004, 04:28 PM
DCLee
Pro

Default Tires (again)

Hey:

If anyone wants a set of 18-in. Michelin PSCs in the 265/285 size (they fit on my narrow-bodied 993 RS) , lemme know. Nine heat cycles, tons of tread left, can deliver to Summit this weekend. I'm trying the new Dunlop SP DOT race tires...

Lee in D.C.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Manny Alban
Mike,
Tell him to email me again, I get about 30-50 PCA emails a day. I do remember emailing someone who said he was your friend, but that was weeks ago. Email me privately at Carrerados@aol.com and I'll give you my office number. During the day is the best time to reach me...nighttime I spend with the kids...you know, cub scouts, choir, etc.
email sent

thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 09:32 PM
tdf360
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tires (again)

Originally posted by DCLee
I'm trying the new Dunlop SP DOT race tires...

Lee in D.C.
Let us know how you like the Dunlops.

Gary
Old 03-11-2004, 01:13 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Lee...arew you runing SP on Friday - open track instructor day??

I'll be there all weekend, and would like to check out the Dunlops and hear how you like 'em. Got new wheels, bu tthe PO needs to use 'em this weekend. Still need new tires for them, so the decision is open for me.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:01 AM
DCLee
Pro

I'm not registered at the moment. The RS may not be ready by the weekend (ancient story...) If by some miracle it gets done, I'll try to elbow my way in to the event for Sunday. These tires are 265/285 sizes, however-- can't see the fronts fitting on your car.

Lee
Old 03-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom D: I've run several season with Hoosiers (although that's when I was running 17" wheels) and I'm familiar with them very well. I've been using the Michelin cups for two or three years and they serve my purpose really well. I actually got 80 heat cycles out of my last set (the rears only, the front wore out faster....go figure). Of course, at 80, they felt like the Hoosiers at 20 cycles, but for DE and autocrossing, they fit the bill and they still have tread on them. Yes, the cups are more expensive than the Hoosiers but the amount of $$$ I spent on tires last year was 50% of what it was when I was using Hoosiers (and yes, the # of track days were the same).

Of course, I'm sure I'll try the new Hoosiers and Dunlops before the year is through....still searching for that perfect tire
Old 03-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Tom D's 993
Advanced

Thanks very much Manny. As is often the case, spending a little more up front saves a lot in the long run. Sold.

Quick Reply: Hoosier tires for sale