Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pads and tires wear

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Mmm... you missed a VERY fun event last weekend with the Potomac region. If you really want to drive at Summit Point, there's a few events in October that don't conflict with NNJR's schedule.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:26 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z, Well hopefully I'll be going to school at Virginia Tech starting this fall... so if I can make it down there to join you, I'll be there!

Brian, how often to you head up to the Point? I'm hoping to meet every 'lister that goes there... and it seems that so many PCA members that go there are indeed members!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

I want to make it there at least once per year. Unfortunately, I've likely already filled my quota for this year.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Jerry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the pagid pads but after a three day weekend I have less than 50% remaining and I do not like to change pads at he track at my next three day weekend therefore with my very limited budget the pagid are too expensive for me. The minix or medal masters are probably the worst track pad you can use but at $35. if you know what to expect and you are willing to have slower lap times but still enjoy your DE nearly as much it's a tough choice. They will last a long time, will not use up your rotors more than any other pad but if you get them very hot you just push your brake pedal very hard and their is very little result. If you keep the within their limits you can have a much affordable weekend. The difference will pay for your hotel, gas, and food.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Jerry
I like the pagid pads but after a three day weekend I have less than 50% remaining
That seems odd to me. I get about 12 track days out of a set of Pagid Oranges, and almost as much from a set of Pagid Blacks.

Quick Reply: Pads and tires wear