Awkward

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 04:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
^^^ Wow! The dude kept the trophy? Let me guess, he was running his Sunday Tune all weekend.
Yes, he admitted to running the same ECU but claimed he wasn't cheating because it had been flashed but it had been flashed back to stock. The scrutes said it wasn't, but that was his defense.

Personally, I would be embarrassed under the circumstances but some people have no shame.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:40 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

^^^ That's pretty sad cheating to that extent in a club race.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

It's pathetic .
Old 05-29-2020, 01:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I could be convinced on that one because I hate cheating.

In my home office I still have a second place trophy which was handed out Saturday night and when all the cars were inspected Sunday morning the guy had a flashed ECU in a stock class. He was DQed but never gave me the trophy. It's just a stupid trophy but it still burns me. Also explains how he was a second a lap faster than me even though the previous year I was only a two tenths off the lap record in class.

So with that background, and my hatred for cheaters, I can meet you half way and say the guy should have some consequences but still think being thrown out is harsh. Maybe a several race suspension.

But I will stand firm on Bubba. That sponsor should have yawned about what happened because regardless of whether it is sim or real racing getting a little pissed off is racing.
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
It's pathetic .
Here's a story, NASA race last year in a spec series. We get 3rd place in the Saturday race, podium celebration etc. everything seems fine. Next morning we find out that Post race inspection found driver in 2nd place was underweight, but wasn't recorded properly at the scales, but he self DQ's himself elevating us to 2nd. Also on Sunday morning, we come to find out that driver in 1st place went to the dyno and blew over the allotted amount and should have been DQed giving us 1st place. NASA official at the track tells us that he wasn't mandated to go to the dyno and even though he blew over the HP, it doesn't matter because they didn't tell him to go. We plead our case, but to no avail.... Driver #1 did not self DQ so we are SOL and in the official standings, NASA officials still had us in 3rd, even with the self DQ from driver #2...
Old 05-29-2020, 02:11 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Here's a story, NASA race last year in a spec series. We get 3rd place in the Saturday race, podium celebration etc. everything seems fine. Next morning we find out that Post race inspection found driver in 2nd place was underweight, but wasn't recorded properly at the scales, but he self DQ's himself elevating us to 2nd. Also on Sunday morning, we come to find out that driver in 1st place went to the dyno and blew over the allotted amount and should have been DQed giving us 1st place. NASA official at the track tells us that he wasn't mandated to go to the dyno and even though he blew over the HP, it doesn't matter because they didn't tell him to go. We plead our case, but to no avail.... Driver #1 did not self DQ so we are SOL and in the official standings, NASA officials still had us in 3rd, even with the self DQ from driver #2...
The problem I have in these situations is that on the one hand the officials take everything very seriously, which they should, but when there are problems like this their attitude tends to be "we are just volunteers and this is just for fun."

I would be horribly embarrassed if something on my car was deemed illegal and would give back whatever trophy or points I earned. Some people have no shame.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:27 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

^^^^ Me too. A technical oversight that is accidental is one thing, and props to the guy who self policed and gave back his trophy. I would do the same if in that situation.

Quick Reply: Awkward