Sponsored by:

PCA DE SCHEDULES 2020

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 08:34 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Thank you..... IMO once you reach a decent level of proficiency, the more quality seat time, the merrier and you're kinda onto that notion And it shows--that yellow car of yours is very fast (and sounds great) but it ain't driving itself, so kudos to you too. You get it around very well.

Yeah, the toe and the Esses are among the reasons why my right leg aches after a WGI day (or any other day for that matter) from subconsciously trying to put the gas pedal through the floor

And at a track like Mid-O, using the brakes not so much to slow the car but to turn it helps too.
Wow, thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot. Thanks.
I wanna do Mosport this season in the worst way. Bucket list track but haven’t been able
to make it work yet. I have a couple friends in UCR that we’re telling me about a 4 day event up there that’s part of the club race. If you, or anyone else here has more info on that event, please share. It’s a very long tow for me to Mosport, so I definitely want at least 3 days on track, if not 5 days by linking a couple events together.
Anyone have any info on that 4 day DE/Club Race at Mosport? Having trouble getting the details nailed down. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:10 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I wanna do Mosport this season in the worst way. Bucket list track but haven’t been able
to make it work yet. I have a couple friends in UCR that we’re telling me about a 4 day event up there that’s part of the club race. If you, or anyone else here has more info on that event, please share. It’s a very long tow for me to Mosport, so I definitely want at least 3 days on track, if not 5 days by linking a couple events together.
Anyone have any info on that 4 day DE/Club Race at Mosport? Having trouble getting the details nailed down. Thanks.

I have done many 3 days events at Mospoprt with Trillium BMW CCC...they are a great group with some fast drivers and lots of good right seat instructors (look for Peter and Allan) if you are interested....Fridays are SOLO/instructors only, so kind of like the PCA Naigara 3 day events in June and July...Saturday/sunday is 3 groups as usual....tons of track time in the 3 day weather permitting! Dinner and drinks Saturday night at the CTMP hospitality center following the track walk after going cold (very helpful of you have never driven the track before).

https://www.trilliumbmwclub.ca/ads
registration is via motorsportsreg.com .......https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...bmw-cca-885429

6Th gear also has 7 hours of open lapping (no sessions) days, so maybe you can find back to back events with these or UCR?

http://www.6thgear.ca/events/
Old 01-02-2020, 10:10 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

It's on UCR's site now--July 30 is the TnT and the 3 weekend days after have the ASL (Advanced Solo Lapping) run in between races. You can do the days a la carte or do 'em all; lotta laps for the buck, especially with the exchange rate. Site says reg starts end of Feb on ClubReg as noted above.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:12 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon

6Th gear also has 7 hours of open lapping (no sessions) days, so maybe you can find back to back events with these or UCR?

http://www.6thgear.ca/events/
Great group--hoping to do all of their days this year. Plenty of other high-quality private groups like Driveteq, EA and Apex; I've driven with all of these and will continue to do so.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:19 AM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

That's the best PCA event of the summer at Mosport. Tons of track time. There is a "test n tune" that is run in DE format before the 3 day Advanced DE event. Usually not that many cars for the entire DE event and the cars/drivers are fast. I've attached the link to their website below - but registration is not yet open for 2020. If you come be prepared to stay late on the Sunday. The last 2 years there has been essentially a 3 hour open track for the advance DE group on Sunday afternoon. My friends and I are often the only 4-5 cars left. Mosport is so much fun when you can keep your momentum going and get into a groove at speed.

What makes this CR event so great is that most of the cars that attend are pretty fast and drivers are super aware of what's going on around them. On the normal PCA UCR days there are a lot of cars on track with many slower cars (944, 928, etc) even in the black run group. While this track is one of the fastest in NA there are limited passing areas and it can be difficult to keep your speeds up in a GT or newer 911 with 30+ cars out there. Mosport is one of those tracks where the technology and hp gains of the newer cars compared to older ones is very noticeable.

Let me know if you go.

https://pcaucr.org/driving/driver-ed...-solo-lapping/
Old 01-02-2020, 10:21 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I have done many 3 days events at Mospoprt with Trillium BMW CCC...they are a great group with some fast drivers and lots of good right seat instructors (look for Peter and Allan)
I'm totally guessing but is that Allan Lewis? If so, he has been and (I think) still is a great BMW club racer (and former champion IIRC)--he gave me my checkout ride for Trackmasters like 20 yrs ago

If it's not Allan Lewis, never mind
Old 01-02-2020, 10:22 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

I'm totally guessing but is that Allan Lewis? If so, he has been and (I think) still is a great BMW club racer (and former champion IIRC)--he gave me my checkout ride for Trackmasters like 20 yrs ago

If it's not Allan Lewis, never mind

yes it is^^

he and Peter Carroll (along with Steve Galits and John Dimoff---all are instructors with Trillium) are both BMC Club racers....Raven performance racing.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:28 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks all. Great info.
I am looking at the event (4 days--3 as DE) and will do everything I can to make it work. Maybe meet some of you folks up there as well.
I will def grab someone to right seat me for the first session (or 2) to get me on the line if that's possible. I'll drive it on my sim as well before I go.
I'll register when it opens in Feb. Already set a reminder. Would love to check another track off the bucket list. I hear nothing but amazing things about Mosport (and the speeds it offers).
Thanks a ton for all the info guys. Threads like this is where Rennlist really shines. So helpful. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:36 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

yes it is^^

he and Peter Carroll (along with Steve Galits and John Dimoff---all are instructors with Trillium) are both BMC Club racers....Raven performance racing.
I remember all of them--Dimoff was the CI when I ran with them years ago in my white BMW 318ti hatchback. Peter C is also a CR champ with BMW and possibly Porsche too, though not sure about that. Is Derek Hanson still around? I brought him a Cohiba from Nia-on-the-Lake once
Old 01-02-2020, 10:41 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I hear nothing but amazing things about Mosport (and the speeds it offers).
Mosport and Mid-O with the chicane are both approx 2.4mi, give or take......in my goofy car the lap times are 5 to 6sec/lap faster at Mosport with Turns 1, 2, 4, and 8 being close to or over 100mph. So, in your car......

Belt up tight.....
Old 01-02-2020, 10:42 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Mosport and Mid-O with the chicane are both approx 2.4mi, give or take......in my goofy car the lap times are 5 to 6sec/lap faster at Mosport with Turns 1, 2, 4, and 8 being close to or over 100mph.

Belt up tight.....
Belt up. Got it!!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

I remember all of them--Dimoff was the CI when I ran with them years ago in my white BMW 318ti hatchback. Peter C is also a CR champ with BMW and possibly Porsche too, though not sure about that. Is Derek Hanson still around? I brought him a Cohiba from Nia-on-the-Lake once

Yes Derek is the lead instructor and does the track walks...yep Cigars and walking stick in hand

following Peter C around track is a treat--although I think his brakes lights don't work as I never see them come on!!
Old 01-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadeye
North Country PCA confirmed dates for 2020

Lime Rock Park. May 4th and 5th
NHMS August 22nd & 23rd (this will be our Make a Wish event)

and we have two 3 day events at the awesome new Club Motorsports in Tamworth NH

CMS July 17-19 and September 11-13

If you have not been to the new track in Tamworth NH you owe it to yourself to check it out. If you have been there I know you want to return. Both of our events last year were nearly sold out so register early. Registration for our events will open in March. More info at: NCR-PCA.org
Hi Locker, the webmaster will be updating our site sometime this month. If I can answer any questions just send me a PM 👍
The following users liked this post:
Locker537 (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:44 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know when this years LCMT (NER/NNJR 7/3/20-7/5/20) registration opens?

Found the dates on the NNJR site, but nothing on the NER site and nothing about registration.

Anyone know when Reg opens for this years Tremblant DE? Thanks...
Old 01-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Dino524
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Besides Mosport, there is another fantastic track up here to discover: LCMT (Tremblant). As a bonus, the track is surrounded by beautiful mountains and nature, many hotels, cottages and a large variety of restaurants.
DE dates for the Rennsport region are:

At LCMT
May 18, 19
June 22, 23
July 20, 21
August 28, 29,30
Sept 21, 22

At Calabogie: July 6, 7

The following 2 users liked this post by Dino524:
DHI (01-10-2020), kfmcmahon (01-03-2020)

Quick Reply: PCA DE SCHEDULES 2020