tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

what happend to E?
Old 07-26-2019 | 10:30 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
what happend to E?
Remember when there were lots of 944s in E?

Astro - how ya been?

The following users liked this post:
FredC (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019 | 10:54 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

I'm surprised there are no 911 Cups registered for Road America as this is a track on the schedule. Last year I ran my E car over twenty were registered. I may have to switch my registration this year. That will make 5 .
Old 07-26-2019 | 11:05 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Too many grammer mistakes.. deleted.
and it is spelled grammAr, not grammer ;-)
Old 07-26-2019 | 11:07 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT3DE
The biggest field of registered 911 stock E cars this year is at..........

BRAINERD

Not kidding. Eleven. Yes, it goes to 11.

Thanks pca and Accumoto for f*cking up E class.
I am not affiliated with Accumoto in any way, but curious as to why they are assigned some blame. Didn't they bring in a bunch of cars to E 5 years back? What happened since?
Old 07-26-2019 | 12:57 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

I get that it's a bit of a sore subject and emotions are high, but the conversation really should be about fixing the class for next year. 911 Cup isn't thriving. And E isn't going to fix itself without those cars. They've got to come back together. The best proposal imho (championed by Clarke) has been to bring all air cooled 911s together in one class, with BOP via weight and/or prepared mods.
The following users liked this post:
RobT 394 (07-28-2019)
Old 07-26-2019 | 01:01 PM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
I get that it's a bit of a sore subject and emotions are high, but the conversation really should be about fixing the class for next year. 911 Cup isn't thriving. And E isn't going to fix itself without those cars. They've got to come back together. The best proposal imho (championed by Clarke) has been to bring all air cooled 911s together in one class, with BOP via weight and/or prepared mods.
I like that proposal too. But i remain curious about why Accumoto is mentioned.
Old 07-26-2019 | 01:35 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FredC
Because Clarke has a hard-on for them.

Also, he may underestimate the effect of his own success. In the end, you can't herd cats...

Taking the longer view, it's pretty common for letter classes to ebb and flow in participation, looking back over the last six or seven years. I wouldn't and don't take per-event entry numbers as the "death-knell" for any specific classes.

The most effective methodology for increasing class entries is to designate a specific event or events as "focus" events to drive participation. There is no question that people make the effort to come out to race with friends in like cars.

It just takes a participant with time and the effort to begin to organize for a specific event or events through mailers, email campaigns, FB, RL,phone calls. But just for E class and without an agenda. Needs that focus to generate excitement.

It's a great class and it's great racing. I started watching Buckley, Hupfer some time ago and have progressed to admiring Clarke's, Evan's and Dan's mastery at the front of the field. But all throughout the field, it's great racing.

It's just at an ebb, IMO.And I've seen those ebbs turned into flows...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-26-2019 | 02:17 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It's just at an ebb, IMO.And I've seen those ebbs turned into flows...

Too much time on my hands or too many other things I should be doing but don't want too.
Old 07-26-2019 | 08:51 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Because Mark White wanted a new tire. A slower tire. A tire used in VINTAGE racing. And special dispensation for running said tire. All for his special cars.
Old 07-26-2019 | 10:01 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

It would also be interesting to look at the 911 cars that are running vintage these days. If we can get D/E/F, 911 Cup, vintage 911 all into one class, that would make the most sense to me. Instead of consolidating classes, we're adding more and more each year. Doesn't make sense
Old 07-26-2019 | 11:02 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Originally Posted by ProCoach

The most effective methodology for increasing class entries is to designate a specific event or events as "focus" events to drive participation. There is no question that people make the effort to come out to race with friends in like cars.

That's a great concept! What kid of activities drive an event to become a focus event?
Old 07-26-2019 | 11:09 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Originally Posted by Speeds5
It would also be interesting to look at the 911 cars that are running vintage these days. If we can get D/E/F, 911 Cup, vintage 911 all into one class, that would make the most sense to me. Instead of consolidating classes, we're adding more and more each year. Doesn't make sense
We have the same issue in the SCCA T classes. I bet we could consolidate all the T's into 2 competitive classes. I also don't understand why many just hate the idea of the NASA ST power to weight classes with modifiers. Doesn't that work pretty well? In SCCA as our motors age out and can't buy super reliable cheap GM crate motors we are forced to do unreliable rebuilds and have even more potential cheating. If we were corrected power to weight any number of GM crate motors could work in our corvettes for example and regain OEM reliability.
Old 07-27-2019 | 06:28 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Because Mark White wanted a new tire. A slower tire. A tire used in VINTAGE racing. And special dispensation for running said tire. All for his special cars.
I see. Let’s go faster, not slower.
Old 07-27-2019 | 08:43 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I see. Let’s go faster, not slower.
+1

Quick Reply: Biggest field of E cars this year...