Sponsored by:

Do lap timers encourage bad behavior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019 | 09:32 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Oy vey

Sorry, chief, but I have nothing to prove to you. And I am a very heavily utilized coach with the Track Rats group you mentioned ...
So you know Ryan Schimz, Adam, Josh, Dan Wierwick, Mark Hull, etc. Make sure you ask them what their attitude is with/without insurance.

Old 06-11-2019 | 10:02 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

14,000 views, 255 responses, none of which support your position and you are still arguing it huh? Sort of like Hillary still arguing over her emails... irrelevant

What does posting your social media feed prove? Seriously, what was the intent behind it?

I'm really trying not to be insulting but it feels like there is a stubborn know it all teenager on the other side of this conversation... You're right, none of us here know anything about open passing DE's and none of us can speak from our own experiences sometimes many years worth at the highest levels, but you can tell us all why you are right post after post...

FML. Honestly if I were your coach and having a conversation like this would you I would tell you that your failure to listen and lack of ability to comprehend what you are being told are reason enough for me to never coach you and and an indicator you aren't fit for the track. I could give two craps about your insurance, your attitude sucks, point blank flat out.

You could care less about listening to anyone here all you want to do is prove you are right which isn't going to happen here so maybe take it back to social media where everyone seems to support you??? You've made this painful.
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:18 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

OSB
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I think we can all agree that we don't want to share a track or a beer with yesyoucan.
For those of you that watched "Chernobyl," this is the guy who keeps saying there's no graphite on the ground and that an RBMK reactor cannot explode.
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:37 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
I think we can all agree that we don't want to share a track or a beer with yesyoucan.
For those of you that watched "Chernobyl," this is the guy who keeps saying there's no graphite on the ground and that an RBMK reactor cannot explode.
Spoiler warning, geez!
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:48 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Spoiler warning, geez!
same thing happened before I had chance to watch Titanic.
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:50 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
I bet that captain had iceberg insurance. Just proves the point right there.
Old 06-11-2019 | 10:56 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DTMiller
I bet that captain had iceberg insurance. Just proves the point right there.
definitely had a timer - trying to make it across the Atlantic is less than 12 parsecs
Old 06-11-2019 | 11:03 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I just got home from a glorious, sunny day tearing up Mosport (along with my tires ) and thought I'd see how this thread was "evolving", just for the hell of it.

I've spent 2 minutes on it and now my head hurts.

Out to the garage to work on the car.

To quote the immortal VR:

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
Old 06-11-2019 | 11:05 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
same thing happened when I watched the Last Temptation of Christ.
Old 06-11-2019 | 11:19 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
14,000 views, 255 responses, none of which support your position and you are still arguing it huh? Sort of like Hillary still arguing over her emails... irrelevant

What does posting your social media feed prove? Seriously, what was the intent behind it?

I'm really trying not to be insulting but it feels like there is a stubborn know it all teenager on the other side of this conversation... You're right, none of us here know anything about open passing DE's and none of us can speak from our own experiences sometimes many years worth at the highest levels, but you can tell us all why you are right post after post...

FML. Honestly if I were your coach and having a conversation like this would you I would tell you that your failure to listen and lack of ability to comprehend what you are being told are reason enough for me to never coach you and and an indicator you aren't fit for the track. I could give two craps about your insurance, your attitude sucks, point blank flat out.

You could care less about listening to anyone here all you want to do is prove you are right which isn't going to happen here so maybe take it back to social media where everyone seems to support you??? You've made this painful.
I tried to get out of this thread a long time ago but you guys seem to want to keep it going. That is not my instagram feed. Those are postings from people that I follow and happen to know.

I don't think you guys are even reading the "some" in my comments or even qualified to make the statements that you guys are making. Let's leave it that all of you think that having track insurance has ZERO impact/influence to the ten's of thousands of people who have it in their track driving.

Anyways; to each his own.
Old 06-11-2019 | 11:34 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I was also surprised by the problem with Apollo 13.
Old 06-12-2019 | 12:16 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I was also surprised by the problem with Apollo 13.
Wait...what?

Don't worry, once Matt Damon grows the poop potatoes, everything goes smoothly on Mars.
Old 06-12-2019 | 07:17 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yesyoucan, I indeed know all of them. One of those you mentioned posts here occasionally. I have been on track with all of them (in car with some, not all), and I am telling you, I never had any inkling of who does and doesn't have insurance. Nor in any other groups I have ever worked with over quite a few years. Some people are ******** on track, and don't have insurance. Many people are angels on track, and do. THERE IS ZERO CORRELATION, even though you have convinced yourself to the contrary.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 06-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2019 | 11:38 AM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yesyoucan, I indeed know all of them. One of those you mentioned posts here occasionally. I have been on track with all of them (in car with some, not all), and I am telling you, I never had any inkling of who does and doesn't have insurance. Nor in any other groups I have ever worked with over quite a few years. Some people are ******** on track, and don't have insurance. Many people are angels on track, and do. THERE IS ZERO CORRELATION, even though you have convinced yourself to the contrary.
You see this is the problem... We are talking on different wave lengths.

I'm of the opinion that SOME people will drive faster, take more risks (which can mean being right on someone's bumper) and do so with the comfort of knowing that they are covered with track insurance. Would they do this type of behavior if they didn't have track insurance?

Some of you guys are somehow thinking that I'm saying; EVERY person who has track insurance drives like an ***.

The guys that I mentioned drive 9/10's to 10/10 th because they are trying to be as fast as possible. Would they dial it back if they didn't have track insurance? umm, yes they would (fair disclosure; I am aware that both Ryan and Adam went sub-2:16 in the GT2RS and Senna at COTA. I have let both of them drive my cars at COTA and had Adam coach me and had Ryan observe my driving (He really wanted to sit in the P1 and get a drive and I tried to not embarrass myself with him).

Here is a quote from a text from one of those guys to me many, many months ago:

"Another XXX owner asked, ***** out, low fuel, fresh tires, what do you think it can do...I said get track insurance and let's do it...!"

Quick Reply: Do lap timers encourage bad behavior?