Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool shirt system

Old 04-24-2019, 11:35 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
Cant wait to hear your report on the system . Seems like a great option at almost affordable numbers
Yeah- There was a 30% off presale, and I talked with the Owner. Seemed legit with great real world (hot)continuous testing. It has to use Propylene Glycol instead of water because the water would freeze. I used my Mazda Contingency Money (Elan NP01's Qualify for it every year). So it was technically free along with one of their shirts (works with Cool Suit shirts also). I'll be using it the 3rd week in May at Auto Club Raceway. I'll give my review after.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:06 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 515 Likes on 276 Posts

One of the benefits to the Cool-a-Clava vs. the air blower is there is less to connect when getting in and out of the car. Just the water connectors.
That said...the water and air CoolShirt package is very popular. The air is routed through the cooler to keep it cool - in fact a few guys have said they had to turn it down because they were getting “brain freeze” . The package comes with flow controllers and everything (except the shirts).

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/pr...-water-system/

keeping cool in the car is one thing many of us don’t put enough emphasis on. “I’m in great shape, I can handle it”. But you can’t. Overheating dulls senses and reaction time. Being comfortable allows you to be sharp longer.

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/pr...oling-systems/

I can’t do 15%, but we do offer 10% to rennlist members. And you get the satisfaction of knowing that when you buy from NaroEscape Motorsports, you’re buying from a fellow racer, time trialer and DE family that actually USE all these things, not just sell them. ��

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-25-2019, 11:43 AM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
You are thinking of the Chillout System. I have one coming first week of May. I was able to get 30% off with pre order. Small, Compact and you can use with the Cool-A-Clava also. No more needing ice, or running out of ice. I was sold for my Prototype. Plus you can swap cars super easy.

https://www.chilloutsystems.com/
That system looks awesome. Depending on how much you drive in the heat, it could pay for itself over time by not having to buy ice at the track.

This makes a lot of sense... I have a custom cool suit setup I built mostly myself and it is absolutely stunning how much ice you can melt in a 45 min session. I always wondered how the pro endurance drivers do it without seeming to need to fill up on ice during the pitstop...
Old 04-25-2019, 02:36 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by alexaqui
That system looks awesome. Depending on how much you drive in the heat, it could pay for itself over time by not having to buy ice at the track.

This makes a lot of sense... I have a custom cool suit setup I built mostly myself and it is absolutely stunning how much ice you can melt in a 45 min session. I always wondered how the pro endurance drivers do it without seeming to need to fill up on ice during the pitstop...
I used that argument to get a Yeti cooler with my wife. I think the payback is about 125 years!
Old 04-25-2019, 05:47 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I used that argument to get a Yeti cooler with my wife. I think the payback is about 125 years!
That must be a giant Yeti cooler... I think in a day we went through 64lbs of ice bags once the thicker/better frozen stuff I brought from home was used up.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:27 PM
No-Substitute
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Plavan
Yeah- There was a 30% off presale, and I talked with the Owner. Seemed legit with great real world (hot)continuous testing. It has to use Propylene Glycol instead of water because the water would freeze. I used my Mazda Contingency Money (Elan NP01's Qualify for it every year). So it was technically free along with one of their shirts (works with Cool Suit shirts also). I'll be using it the 3rd week in May at Auto Club Raceway. I'll give my review after.
Did you use it? Please post or message me your impressions and temps used in. I need to pull the trigger on a system tomorrow so I’ll have it for the 90 plus temps next weekend at NOLA.
Unfortunately the discount has expired and they won’t honor it now.
Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:28 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, my car broke before I could test it on the track. First time in 3.5 years my NP01 let me down, but it was user error- I used the wrong CV joint grease on the outer CV's.....Oops. Not sure I would of used it since it was only 50-60 degrees outside also. I plan on going to Buttonwillow next month. It will definitely be hot then. I'll report back.

I did however test it sitting in my car. I was able to get it to 49 degrees without air movement. No doubt it works. The unit needs a little airflow, so I will be testing out a duct kit for Chillout. They made it for small cockpits that do not have alot of airflow inside the cabin (NP01 Prototype)
View this post on Instagram

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cool shirt system