Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 F1 Chinese Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019 | 09:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Who won?

Last edited by Gary R.; 04-14-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2019 | 10:29 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by seanseidman
thanks, you can raise that with Chandhok
I would, if he posted it.

A top speed advantage is a top speed advantage
Yeah, 3, 1, 7, it's all the same.

Your earlier comments alluded to Mercedes holding back and actually holding a top speed advantage
I was a joke bruh, as in mind games, not a statistical declaration.

Let out a notch on your belt.

T
Old 04-14-2019 | 01:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
@multi21 , seems like the recurring theme for 2019 so far is; Merc publicly announcing that Ferrari have more power, followed by Ham declaring something is wrong with his car, all while they have 10% power in the bag....

The last shootout formation lap was kinda shady.

Of course, me being a Vers fan....

T
How do you know if Toto Wolff is lying? His lips are moving (old lawyer joke, but true when it comes to Toto).

Lewis just has to get his clutch setting right at the start of the race and he wins. Congratulations to the 2019 and 2020 WDC, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes for the constructor titles. What a snorefest
Old 04-14-2019 | 02:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I just find it funny when Karun comments about somebody's driving. Like he knows how it's supposed to be done. Lol. Wasn't he always dead last in every race he ran?
The worst F1 driver is better than any of us!

I agree it was something of a snorefest.

I think Kvyat got unfairly hit with the "torpedo" nick-name today. He wasn't doing anything stupid and feel like the FIA might have called it a racing incident instead of giving him a stop and go. I think he has shown a lot of maturity thus far this year.

Feel bad for Hulkenberg. I want to see him on the podium. This is the first race where Ricciardo out qualified him. Hulk seems to be driving better than Ric but having worse luck.

Interesting to see RB pit Gasly so he could get the fastest lap extra points with fresh rubber. I'm not a big fan of gimmicks but I think the one extra point for fastest lap is an interesting concept.

Albon starts way down and gets into the points - well done.

Third race in and it already looks like Hammy and Merc have it locked up.
Old 04-14-2019 | 04:48 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I was utterly SHOCKED that Max didn't take Vettel out in that late-race dice they had. I thought for sure it was coming.

And Gasly's light started to shine last year but Max is exposing him big-time now. Gasly's not even close. Don't think that Dr Marko isn't noticing

They really need Ocon--some way, somehow.

Gary
Old 04-14-2019 | 07:12 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Did you see Max spin on the formation lap? I thought he flat spotted his tires, but he recovered to a good finish (with the help from Ferrari's bumbling strategy between Seb And LeClerc)

The only reason Karun got in F1 was because of Vijay paying his way. Definitely didn't belong in F1. I think I even could beat him

I was thinking that Kyvat would get the promotion to take Gasley's spot, but he may have just shot himself in the foot. Even though it wasn't a torpedo move, he always seems to be involved in the collisions. He took out both McLarens and killed me in my F1 fantasy league
Old 04-14-2019 | 11:45 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Was there a race? Did I miss it? There was a parade....
Old 04-15-2019 | 01:51 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Lewis and Mercedes are making it look too easy...3 straight 1-2 podium finishes!! Ferrari is a mess, somewhere Maurizio Arrivabene must be smiling to himself saying, "See you guys thought my job was easy!!". Ferrari needs to unleash Leclerc and let him race!!
Old 04-15-2019 | 02:48 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Nothing really I can add, you guys have summed it all pretty well.

I was rooting for Bottas. Oh well ...
Old 04-15-2019 | 03:07 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by multi21
How do you know if Toto Wolff is lying? His lips are moving (old lawyer joke, but true when it comes to Toto).

Lewis just has to get his clutch setting right at the start of the race and he wins. Congratulations to the 2019 and 2020 WDC, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes for the constructor titles. What a snorefest
Actually, the official statement was that Lewis only "had to change his driving style"....

I wonder what part it was that pulled him out of DRS range on a circuit with (75%) WOT...?

T
Old 04-15-2019 | 03:14 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
The worst F1 driver is better than any of us!

I agree it was something of a snorefest.

I think Kvyat got unfairly hit with the "torpedo" nick-name today. He wasn't doing anything stupid and feel like the FIA might have called it a racing incident instead of giving him a stop and go. I think he has shown a lot of maturity thus far this year.

Feel bad for Hulkenberg. I want to see him on the podium. This is the first race where Ricciardo out qualified him. Hulk seems to be driving better than Ric but having worse luck.

Interesting to see RB pit Gasly so he could get the fastest lap extra points with fresh rubber. I'm not a big fan of gimmicks but I think the one extra point for fastest lap is an interesting concept.

Albon starts way down and gets into the points - well done.

Third race in and it already looks like Hammy and Merc have it locked up.
Agree, Kvyat had a little twitch in steering for rear grip correction and that was about it.
The victims were both McLaren, and while I don't think that played a direct part in the judgement, a ruling of "racing incident" the race after the Vers/Sainz clash might have been deemed as a go-ahead for free for all..

I think Albon is star materiel but he could have his worth wrecked if he gets the shove up to RB.

T
Old 04-15-2019 | 03:58 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Akunob
Ferrari is a mess
The problem is Vettel. They put him ahead of Shar and he proceeds to lock up his brakes time after time.....don't think the problem was with the car. That set of tires probably ended up square

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Shar is in his head. Would love to be a fly on the wall for THAT post-race debrief......

Gary
Old 04-15-2019 | 05:06 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by gbuff
The problem is Vettel. They put him ahead of Shar and he proceeds to lock up his brakes time after time.....don't think the problem was with the car. That set of tires probably ended up square

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Shar is in his head. Would love to be a fly on the wall for THAT post-race debrief......

Gary
Yep, I think Vettel is past his prime.
Pretty mistake prone lately too.
Time to let the young ones have their go.

Two times now they pulled team orders already.

T
Old 04-15-2019 | 05:28 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Three if you count the one LEC ignored....
Old 04-15-2019 | 06:23 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Three if you count the one LEC ignored....
3 out of 3 races where Leclerc was asked to move over or not pass Vettel...

Quick Reply: 2019 F1 Chinese Grand Prix