Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here is some ugly!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018 | 09:41 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
That corner is tough IMO. There is a flagger right after the bridge but the turn is somewhat blind at the crest. The trick to being fast through the downhill corner is to look ahead not at apex . I suspect GTR was not looking ahead.

I looked at video and quality (or my eye sight) is poor and I could not tell what the flag stations are holding.
Flagger is holding nothing....

Old 09-05-2018 | 09:54 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Texas RS

Neither was one under the bridge or in 10A.
Old 09-05-2018 | 10:09 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
WTF? This is why I feel safer in race group. Fast intermediate drivers are the most dangerous guys out there.
I never TT. I wonder if TT guys have such an ingrained "line" mentality that they have a hard time deviating from it and no experience off line?
Old 09-05-2018 | 11:30 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Texas RS

Looks like this flagger is looking "up" the track instead of facing where the initial impact and subsequent impacts were. Appears it was this flaggers job to look that way and not "down" the track, which in this case, is towards the impact zones.
The next flagger "down" the track should have seen this go down and gotten that yellow flag waving wide and high, possibly preventing the 2nd and 3rd hits by the 2 trailing cars. Obviously too late for the flag to do anything the help the Vette.
Curious to know what the "next" flagger was looking at.
Agree, that to a degree, everyone involved had a hand in the mess, just as mentioned a bit up from this post.

Last edited by dgrobs; 09-06-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2018 | 02:06 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Keep in mind...the time between when the vette actually crashed and this ^^ image is taken is, what...<1 second? That not enough time for the flagger to react, asses the situation and throw the flag. Even if he saw it happen, it takes a moment to grap/wave the flag.

GTR: as has been said, if you are fully committed to that turn, you don't see what's down track until you are through the apex. At that point, you cannot lift/brake until your car is straight - which is out past the rumble strips under the bridge.
The first car stopped where he did because the accident happened in front of him and he just got on the brakes.
the second car stopped where he did becuase that was the only opening NOT to hit the first car.
The GTR had no place to go. You can see he tried to avoid the second car by going in the dirt...too little too late.

I know we are quick to place blame on everything,and hindsight and after video we can analyse to death is 20/20 and easy to critique. But as we all know, stuff happens quickly and sometimes its just bad circumstances beyond our control....

Unless, of course, it's discussed on Rennlist....

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 09-08-2018 | 10:13 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

I wonder what the purpose of looking up track would be at that spot? It's a little hard to see in the pic, but we can see what appears to be the flagger's hands clasped. Could that be behind the flagger's back (so actualy facing down track)? The flagger appears to not have a flag in hand. I know not all flags are displayed at all stations, but I'd think yellow should be displayed at all (i.e. yellow flag should have been in the flagger's hand even if not displayed yet)?
Old 09-08-2018 | 11:27 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

i wonder what the driver in the following car said when he pointed at the Evo
Old 09-09-2018 | 12:57 AM
sugarwood
Pro

All I could think while watching the you sit there after the crash was, "Damn, I wish he had a rear camera"
Then the video showed the rear view camera!!

Quick Reply: Here is some ugly!