Old 08-02-2018, 05:48 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 695 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Summit Point Sold

For immediate release:

On Tuesday, July 31st, 2018, Xator, a Reston, VA headquartered company that specializes in supporting U.S. Government clients in fulfilling their National Security mission, purchased Summit Point Raceway Inc. Xator is new to racing but is fully committed to ensuring motorsports enthusiasts and fans have the same quality experience at Summit Point that they have come to expect for nearly 50 years. The CEO of Xator, Mr. David Scott (no relation to Bill or Barbara Scott) wants motorsports and government contracting to flourish at Summit Point and to continue to grow in the years ahead. “We see Motorsports as an integral part of the Summit Point business model and welcome it into the Xator family. There will be no change in operations or quality of experience and we will continue to assess ways to improve motorsports in the future,” said Mr. Scott.

Racing at Summit Point will remain under the direction of Motorsports Director, Chris White with all motorsports and government contracting under the leadership of Xator Senior Vice President, Doug Allison. As many of you know, Doug Allison was President of Summit Point Raceway prior to the sale, supporting Barbara Scott and the Scott Family. Doug’s commitment to motorsports remains rock solid and he hopes to meet with the various clubs’ leadership teams to discuss initiatives and the future later in September, schedules permitting. Summit Point will be reaching out to set up appointments with the clubs soon.

Summit Point Raceway Assoc. Inc. dba BSR will now be known as Summit Point Raceway/BSR, an Xator Corporation line of business. Summit Point Raceway will remain a motorsports destination for both participant and fan. We look forward to seeing you at the track throughout this season and the seasons to come.

About Xator

A privately-held company established in 2005, Xator is a trusted provider of mission-focused C4ISR solutions addressing National Security & Intelligence, Tactical Intelligence, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and Training for U.S. Government clients at home and abroad. Our work positively impacts the safety and security of personnel, facilities, and vital information throughout the world.
As a committed and dynamic partner, Xator solves operational challenges with innovative and expeditionary approaches to intelligence, analysis, engineering, systems integration, strategic management, and organization-specific training. We execute our solutions with complete dedication and support from the entire Xator organization, from our leadership team to individual project managers and supporting personnel. We are responsive to our clients' rapidly changing needs; each member of our team displays resourcefulness and agility that is indicative of our corporate culture.
Xator is a customer-first organization with a proven record of exceptional performance. Our commitment and passion for our country motivates us to continually exceed expectations in support of our customers’ missions. Our innovative and mission-focused solutions are key strengths of Xator service offerings and capabilities. We offer a fresh perspective and unconventional approaches to challenges. We look to bring that same dedication and commitment to motorsports and to ensure the passion and the quality of racing never depreciates at Summit Point Raceway.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 08-02-2018, 05:57 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 695 Likes on 347 Posts

So Dave Scott (VR) ....you're running the place now? I know you've been involved with this gov't training stuff, didn't know you were CEO... lol.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:07 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Whoa, didn't think THAT was gonna happen... really curious how things will change (or not) going forward.

Can we use deer as target practice for those government contractors now?? Sorry if that offends some on here, but it's a SERIOUS problem that I've witnessed first hand multiple times (and on YouTube).
Old 08-02-2018, 06:19 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 172 Posts

Chris gave a short talk to the instructors a couple months ago when the exact identity if the buyer was still unknown but their existence wasn't. Chris was adamant that the buyer is looking to maintain and grow the motorsports component of the facility. It's my home track so if it fades I will be quite bummed but you VIR, WGI and Pittrace folks will see me more often.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

Haha wish it were me! A bunch of friends have been emailing asking if it is.
Interesting coincidence to say the least, considering my former profession(s).
Yeah, DoS is moving everything away from BSR/ITC, and to its own FASTC Blackstone facility in Blackstone, VA
Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
For immediate release:

“We see Motorsports as an integral part of the Summit Point business model and welcome it into the Xator family. There will be no change in operations or quality of experience and we will continue to assess ways to improve motorsports in the future,” said Mr. Scott..
...except for the occasional live fire exercises
Old 08-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Was out there coaching this past weekend, talked with Chris White a little and while its only a week into it......hopeful there will be continues improvements to the track in the near future....Chris is a Great guy for this position and will hopefully really help the new ownership in transition.....summit really is an underrated track and if you have not visited i suggest you do.

PCA potomac Club Race registration is now open and i cannot wait for it, always a great event.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,852 Posts

It's a good move. Barbara spent a ton of money, Chris White is one of the best, and the track is in good management hands...

Last edited by ProCoach; 08-09-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Chris has been absolutely fantastic for SP. And the family has gone along with his improvements. And Chris isn't done yet
Old 08-20-2018, 09:27 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

So the previous owners invested in repaving and improvements then sold it? Interesting strategy...
Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

SP is primarily a security traing facility, and my presumption is this has more to do with changes in that business.

Very glad they completed the recent upgrades. The new pavement is fabulous. Kudos to Chris, who is really passionate.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:28 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 172 Posts

I've been there a couple times since the sale closed and the staff seems energized. I know that the new ownership has had a few meetings with the existing team, including those at levels below Chris, and those people seem happy.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by mhm993
SP is primarily a security traing facility, and my presumption is this has more to do with changes in that business.

Very glad they completed the recent upgrades. The new pavement is fabulous. Kudos to Chris, who is really passionate.
Correct. DSS and WPPS now have their own purpose built facility in Blackstone, VA, so Summit/BSR lost that long lasting contract. The new owners believe their can win other relevant business at Summit.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:24 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I have it on good authority that the new owners plan on installing deer fencing around the property. Timing and more info to come.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:00 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
I have it on good authority that the new owners plan on installing deer fencing around the property. Timing and more info to come.
Outstanding!!!! Mega kudos to them.

Quick Reply: Summit Point Sold