Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCR-PCA DE at Tamworth NH 9/7-9/9/18 with PCA national instructor training!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 01:14 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default NCR-PCA DE at Tamworth NH 9/7-9/9/18 with PCA national instructor training!

One of the few opportunities to drive this amazing new track in central New Hampshire. Incredible setting cut into the side of a mountain but with a wide ribbon of asphalt and generous runoff where appropriate. We are sponsoring a 3 day event with an advanced day on Friday which will include a PCA national instructor training program. This is one of the few chances to participate in this training program throughout the driving season. Saturday and Sunday will be a traditional DE for all run groups. More details below.

Registration questions to : John Lussier de-registrar@ncr-pca.org
Additional info at our web site: https://ncr-pca.org/index.php/club-a...iver-education
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Tamworth event.pdf (752.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Already booked and cheap hotel secured. Saturday and Sunday only. Haz a sad about Friday. I will be there on 7/26 as well to get a handle on the track.
For sure will be driving up Friday but do not know as yet when we will arrive. If I arrive early enough I will check in and see if any help is needed. Will know more about arrival time tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Upper run groups filling up rapidly on Saturday & Sunday. Friday advanced day still has a number of openings. Don't miss out out one of the best new tracks in the northeast. Also, the national instructor program is very close to full. Sign up now, CC not charged until Aug 7th.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Dennis
Have any of the organizers of this event gone up there to check the place out? There could be some serious logistic issues with the place. Just saying.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Dennis
Have any of the organizers of this event gone up there to check the place out? There could be some serious logistic issues with the place. Just saying.
NCR had a very successful event there last year and we have a number of club members who are also members there. I'm sure if you know of something specific, they would love to hear it. Shoot them an email.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:31 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,856 Likes on 1,678 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Dennis
VSCCA had a fabulous race event last weekend! Nothing but good things said, AFAIK.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

A sign at the correct entrance would help. And very little room to wait if you arrive early. State police do not want you waiting in the breakdown lane. And I am certain that if NCR was there yesterday it would be a very successful event.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

Hi..I'm posting a lap from a session earlier this year for two reasons. (1) For those that are going this weekend and want a reference, this is at least something. I don't think we got a true dry lap in last year! (2) For those that know the track well now, what would you change up? Any ideas on things to try, or outright fix?

This was from July this year at a 1-day event with Apex Driving Events. We ALSO got a lot of rain, but we did get in this one session with a dry track. So this video is just the start of figuring out a fast lap. I was working on a more open line through T11, with no braking until after T10. The line in vid really hugs the inside. I also need to either carry more speed through T3 or downshift. Working on the latter. A couple places I'm not fully confident yet, and either dither with the throttle, or get on it a bit too early (fixed T15 later that day).

Any other links or vids you all find helpful?

-Erik

Last edited by Difool; 09-05-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: clarity on T11
Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 AM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Any problems with the noise limit of 92dB at this track?

I'm heading to this track tomorrow for a 3 day event with PCA. I have just installed a Sharwerks center exhaust bypass (still have mufflers with CATS on my 991.2 GT3) and am concerned about getting kicked-out of the event for noise violation.

They measure sound 50 feet from the center of the track and am hoping that's far enough away for me to pass sound check.

Just wondering how strict they are on their 92dB limit?

Any input from folks familiar with the track and their policies would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply: NCR-PCA DE at Tamworth NH 9/7-9/9/18 with PCA national instructor training!