Sponsored by:

OMG MOTHERS R3 IS AMAZING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I’ve tried multiple waxs, cleaner waxs, WD40,... R3 is easier and more effective than any of them. Have not tried the RDX or Griots products. If you swear by these other products but have not tried R3, you should.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:25 PM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I'm hardly complaining about the $32 or whatever it was.
$14 w/ Prime free shipping
Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by DHI
NuFinish (liquid form) !
I clean my wheels with this--doesn't gum up with the heat like regular wax.

Gary
Old 06-12-2018, 10:29 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

I use Joe Gibbs' Driven brand "Speed Clean". I feel the same way - simply amazing stuff. I always bring 2 cans the the track - the one I use and the one I give away because people are so blown away at how well it works.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Used R3, then a track race wrench showed me Meguires wax clear (A1216) used on aCup Car, that is what I now use, quicker than R3 to remove track rubber and leaves wax behind for the next clean up.
I'm very intrigued by this, so please hear me out. Did you have extensive usage/experience with R3? I've been using R3 for years and agree that it's great, but for deep, hard-hit areas it still takes multiple sprays and lots of elbow grease to remove the rubber marks. I've tried multiple products and R3 has been the best by far so far, but there are many times when much rubbing was needed for removal. Though part of this could be because the clear bra was actually partially damaged. I'm very interested in the above product if you've used R3 a lot and think the other one is much better.

OP, sorry to tell you this but using R3 won't always be that easy. I speak from years of cleaning track rubber off with R3. It's great but there are deep marks that will need multiple applications and firm rubbing. It also may have to do with the velocity the rubber hits your car and how fast you're going.

Someone mentioned Plexus... if you haven't used R3, it's no comparison. Night and day. I've used Plexus in the past (still have the almost full bottle) at the recommendation of a fellow track junkie, and R3 is in a completely different league, no, universe.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:35 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
OP, sorry to tell you this but using R3 won't always be that easy. I speak from years of cleaning track rubber off with R3. It's great but there are deep marks that will need multiple applications and firm rubbing. It also may have to do with the velocity the rubber hits your car and how fast you're going.
Don't you ruin this for me!!!

Do you think it's possible that it loses strength in the bottle over time? I thought it was strange that the bottle shipped in a sealed plastic bag.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Don't you ruin this for me!!!

Do you think it's possible that it loses strength in the bottle over time? I thought it was strange that the bottle shipped in a sealed plastic bag.
UPS rules in liquids.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
I'm very intrigued by this, so please hear me out. Did you have extensive usage/experience with R3? I've been using R3 for years and agree that it's great, but for deep, hard-hit areas it still takes multiple sprays and lots of elbow grease to remove the rubber marks. I've tried multiple products and R3 has been the best by far so far, but there are many times when much rubbing was needed for removal. Though part of this could be because the clear bra was actually partially damaged. I'm very interested in the above product if you've used R3 a lot and think the other one is much better.

Someone mentioned Plexus... if you haven't used R3, it's no comparison. Night and day. I've used Plexus in the past (still have the almost full bottle) at the recommendation of a fellow track junkie, and R3 is in a completely different league, no, universe.

I use to use R3 but the best product that requires NO rubbing just wipes off 99% with no pressure is a product called L’Extracteur. I’m not sure if it’s available in U.S. We get it in Quebec.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:06 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 528 Likes on 283 Posts

I started using SD-20 years ago when I noticed a lot of the IMSA guys using it to clean up their cars. Works amazingly well and is cheap - we sell for $5.50 per can. I use it for everything...grease/oil in the engine compartment (hey, I drive an old air cooled car - of COURSE there's gonna be oil/grease/grime in the engine compartment!)...cleans tire rubber same as R3, etc. Spray on engine areas, let sit a minute, hose off...no scrubbing. Lightly wipe tire rubber. Great stuff.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 06-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
I started using SD-20 years ago when I noticed a lot of the IMSA guys using it to clean up their cars. Works amazingly well and is cheap - we sell for $5.50 per can. I use it for everything...grease/oil in the engine compartment (hey, I drive an old air cooled car - of COURSE there's gonna be oil/grease/grime in the engine compartment!)...cleans tire rubber same as R3, etc. Spray on engine areas, let sit a minute, hose off...no scrubbing. Lightly wipe tire rubber. Great stuff.

The actual best listed here.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The actual best listed here.
yup. R3 is not bad but sd20 works ways better. Its what is mostly used in high level pro racing (indycar, etc)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Used a case of SD20 but have since gone to Molecule, and it works much easier and effective than even SD20.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:38 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
Used a case of SD20 but have since gone to Molecule, and it works much easier and effective than even SD20.
this stuff?
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-15-2018, 01:09 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Yes, that is the stuff. Give it try!!!
Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 528 Likes on 283 Posts

Damn...$20?? We sell it for $8.99

Personally, I still like SD-20. Works on so many things, and I like the foaming action it has.

Quick Reply: OMG MOTHERS R3 IS AMAZING!!!!