OMG MOTHERS R3 IS AMAZING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts
Default OMG MOTHERS R3 IS AMAZING!!!!

Holy crap!!!

Where has this stuff been all my life???

Last night I used Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover for the first time. People said it would be helpful. I had no idea it would make the job completely effortless! After my last track day in early May, I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed to get the rubber off just as I've done for years with my Boxster. I got most of it off and was happy about it. The additional pain needed to get the last of it wasn't worth it.

I'd made note of the fact that it was marginally easier to get off the 3M PPF on the front of the car than it was on the factory stuff on the rear fenders. Whatever that stuff it, it was BRUTAL trying to get it clean.

Now bring in the R3 and the whole thing was literally easier than buffing wax. Spray it on... and it wiped perfectly clean with no effort at all.

I honestly can't believe how well it works. If any of you don't have this stuff (and clean your cars) then buy some immediately!

Last edited by Wild Weasel; 06-08-2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-08-2018, 09:16 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

Sounds good. What’s in the stuff? Wonder what it would do to existing wax and polymer sealants that might be on the paint.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by spiller
Sounds good. What’s in the stuff? Wonder what it would do to existing wax and polymer sealants that might be on the paint.
It'll almost certainly strip wax. You'll have to research what it might do to ceramic coatings or anything else. I have no idea.

As for stripping wax though... so does the amount of scrubbing you normally need to remove track rubber, so no harm, no foul there.

This stuff: http://www.mothers.com/02_products/0...ml#&slider1=10
Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

My friend is a National PCA/Porsche Parade Concours winner. He runs his car at many DE's and AutoX, parks in the paddock, cleans up with Mother's 3R, and then goes down the street and wins another Concours.

Oh, and he's won his fair share of AutoXs.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Yes, it is amazing stuff. Leave it on for 30 seconds, and wipe it off. Marbles gone!!
Word of warning, make sure you wash the car after using the R3, and be really careful using it on clear bra. Please make sure you wash the car after you use the Mothers.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

I've been tracking for years and have always simply used car wax for cleanup--works great and doesn't hurt anything. I use Meguiar's #26 liquid wax which has no abrasives in it.

Gary
Old 06-08-2018, 09:52 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
I've been tracking for years and have always simply used car wax for cleanup--works great and doesn't hurt anything. I use Meguiar's #26 liquid wax which has no abrasives in it.

Gary
This is what I do, Meguiar's cleaner wax will take it right off if you have wax on the car already. If there is no wax on the paint it will take a little bit more elbow grease to remove the rubber marks.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:54 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree that R3 is a great product that really works. When I saw a track buddy using it after a DE day, I was sold.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I wiped the excess off after and used Meguire's Quick Detailer to shine up the areas it was used. I didn't re-wash the car though. Should I? Maybe I'll make a habit of running it through a touchless wash afterwards in the future.

As for waxing... I've always done that. Put a generous coat of wax on the car before track days. It honestly didn't help me much. It's always been a big effort to get the rubber off. Not anymore!!!
Old 06-08-2018, 09:59 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
As for waxing... I've always done that. Put a generous coat of wax on the car before track days. It honestly didn't help me much. It's always been a big effort to get the rubber off. Not anymore!!!
What wax do you use on the car? How many coats are on there? My Cayman was white and I was always baffled how people seemed to have so much trouble removing rubber marks.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 623 Posts

I use R3. I have talked with my Optimum rep and he did not feel that it would damage my ceramic coating (OptiCoat Pro+).
Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
What wax do you use on the car? How many coats are on there? My Cayman was white and I was always baffled how people seemed to have so much trouble removing rubber marks.
I use a Meguires liquid wax of some sort. Step 3 of their process. Not liquid like a quick detailer. It's like a cream when it comes out of the bottle. And I used a LOT of it.

Maybe I'm hitting the rubber bits at higher speeds than you?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:33 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I use a Meguires liquid wax of some sort. Step 3 of their process. Not liquid like a quick detailer. It's like a cream when it comes out of the bottle. And I used a LOT of it.

Maybe I'm hitting the rubber bits at higher speeds than you?
LOL! That is possible, I sold the street car after 3 events and moved to a race car... Slippery slope .

What color is your car? I suggest the liquid cleaner wax for the initial wax then a paste waxes after that. The liquid stuff is too thin for a good lasting protection. For my Cayman I used the cleaner wax for the initial then tried a few others before settling on Meguair's "white wax" which is a thicker paste wax. Try getting a paste form of wax and get a couple coats on there.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:41 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Keep R3 away from your windshield seal.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by LexVan
Keep R3 away from your windshield seal.
Ah! Good to know. Thanks!!

I definitely used it on the windshield but in general I was wiping it off before it ran very far.

I never waited 30 seconds. Spray on... wipe off.

Quick Reply: OMG MOTHERS R3 IS AMAZING!!!!