Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
3.2 mile track!
I think it could be tons of fun so long as we all make it to the back straight on the opening lap!

Originally Posted by cmac
FWIW... The Trophy East cars (22) will be in another enduro group. ClubReg is showing them separately now.
I never saw it combined with trophy east cars. That would not have been a good combination.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Full Course Track Map

Look for your electronic registration packet to come soon, but for those who do not want to wait here is the track map that we will distribute for the event. Note where Start/Finish is located. The first turn after you see the green flag is numbered 4 on this map.

This map and many other documents you will want to see are available on clubregistration.net.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
MMC_Full_Course_Track_Map.pdf (592.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 09:32 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last chance to register... closes tonight!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

extra crew - how do we register extra crew? i got an email at 10pm last night reminding to register ALL crew, and but i couldnt seem to find where to add crew. looks like my reg was 'confirmed' and maybe that locks out chnages, anyone else run into this ??
Old 07-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
extra crew - how do we register extra crew? i got an email at 10pm last night reminding to register ALL crew, and but i couldnt seem to find where to add crew. looks like my reg was 'confirmed' and maybe that locks out chnages, anyone else run into this ??
If you are locked out of your registration, just e-mail the registrar: raceregistrar@rtr-pca.org with names and when they will attend. She can add them and allow you to pay on CR.net.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:17 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are locked out of your registration, just e-mail the registrar: raceregistrar@rtr-pca.org with names and when they will attend. She can add them and allow you to pay on CR.net.
One additional detail... if you are being supported by a shop, they can still log in directly via ClubRegistration and sign up for the event. There is now an option to register as a non-driver and pay crew fees. This way shops that are supporting multiple racers can handle their crew details directly.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

sweet. thx.

also, one more question if you dont mind....for those doing the T&T thursday. are they allowing in the trucks/trailers weds night rather than rushing thursday morning?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:29 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 530 Likes on 284 Posts

I must be crazy,... but for whatever reason I missed VIR race and am trekking 10+ hours to Monticello!! Nadine said I'll love the track, and the hospitality...so...we leave tomorrow evening and hope to be there mid/late afternoon Thursday.

Question - is there WiFi available at the track? She needs to work Friday morning and needs to get online...preferably in a somewhat quiet place.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
I must be crazy,... but for whatever reason I missed VIR race and am trekking 10+ hours to Monticello!! Nadine said I'll love the track, and the hospitality...so...we leave tomorrow evening and hope to be there mid/late afternoon Thursday.

Question - is there WiFi available at the track? She needs to work Friday morning and needs to get online...preferably in a somewhat quiet place.
The only WiFi I know of there is in the member clubhouse. I don't know if they allow access there during the PCA weekend. The LTE service is decent there although I don't know if the cell gets overwhelmed when there are relatively large crowds in the area.
Personally, I really dig the MMC track. It's got a 'little bit of everything' which makes it fun.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

Since you haven't been there before, my open wheel footage really let's you see the lines and landmarks.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
sweet. thx.

also, one more question if you dont mind....for those doing the T&T thursday. are they allowing in the trucks/trailers weds night rather than rushing thursday morning?
Sorry, load in for the test day is not earlier than 7:45 AM on Thursday. Wednesday is a busy day.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:01 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coochas
The only WiFi I know of there is in the member clubhouse. I don't know if they allow access there during the PCA weekend. The LTE service is decent there although I don't know if the cell gets overwhelmed when there are relatively large crowds in the area.
Personally, I really dig the MMC track. It's got a 'little bit of everything' which makes it fun.
OK...that may cause an issue. Streaming Skype video conferencing doesn't work well over cell service...hmmm...

Originally Posted by Coochas
Since you haven't been there before, my open wheel footage really let's you see the lines and landmarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwi1ZVlF24
Thank you! I was just going to ask if anyone has video that shows the track map on the video. I usually pick up tracks pretty quick...or at least can find my way around..not always fast but can get around. This one is long and technical. Should be fun in a 914.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

OK...that may cause an issue. Streaming Skype video conferencing doesn't work well over cell service..
I called MMC and told them Nadine needed WiFi, so they installed it site-wide and free.

Just kidding!

I didn't call, I e-mailed, and I didn't mention Nadine's name. MMC provides WiFi site-wide and free.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:55 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I called MMC and told them Nadine needed WiFi, so they installed it site-wide and free.

Just kidding!

I didn't call, I e-mailed, and I didn't mention Nadine's name. MMC provides WiFi site-wide and free.
LOL...I would have believed the first line!

Looking forward to it!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:05 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Just kidding!

MMC treats its guests just like members so I would not have doubted the first sentence.

In addition to the great track and great racing, the amenities, awards ceremony and trophies, make this one of the best races on the calendar.

Quick Reply: Monticello Club Race 2018: Best Value on the East Coast