Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road atlanta onboard footage

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 12:39 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 120 Posts

I think this will be a great addition for PCA especially with the cars getting faster.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:36 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Was watching the videos again today from Rd Atl club race and thinking about the accident and this thread here on RL...
Back in the early 2000's I raced NASCAR Late Model Stock cars on Saturday nights on little round ovals in Virginia and the Carolinas, typically 1/2 mile or less. We couldn't see anything tucked up behind the car in front of us. Most tracks had one flagger at start/finish and some a few lights around the track. We relied on our spotters at the top of the grandstands to tell us on the radio when there was an accident. But sometimes that wasn't enough. What really did it was the little yellow light on the dash of every car. When it lit up that meant caution flag - slow down and no passing. Often times the light came on just before my spotter yelled in my ears.
Maybe a yellow light on the dash of every car??? Here's how it could work: 1) off, no caution, 2) on, yellow flag somewhere on the track, and 3) blinking, full course caution.
The light is controlled by the tower, and all cars are on the same signal.
It looked like a yellow hockey puck sitting on top of the dash.
Thoughts?
agree on this

i could see this being an issue at road america as well as you come up the hill at the start finish. And I know there is a flagger on the right side at the top of the hill.

Quick Reply: Road atlanta onboard footage