Sponsored by:

Tom Brennans's INstant Legend Comes Back to LIfe

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 03:33 PM
adef16046
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Very cool story congratulations. I originally bought 2 posters new. I donated one 2 years ago to the 48Hr Silent auction and I still have the other which is in my post. I had a hard time finding the 2 posters that I bought back in 95. The car is now being marked up and the motor is going in, although I will not be driving it I am getting excited after 24 Years.

That is awesome, congrats and enjoy it. Would love to see that beast...again!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 PM
Gijsen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I remember it well!

Sir,
just came across your post and it takes me back! As a young high school kid, I hung out in Tom’s shop, strangely I vividly remember the guys building the adjustable sway bar!! I clearly remember them rolling the loop and cutting the notches for the handle!
i just talked with Tom today as I have been considering building a car for group 8 SVRA and was thinking of doing it in the Herman Miller livery!

That car led to my love of cars and racing! If you are ever up at RA let me know I would love to see it again!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM
adef16046
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gijsen
Sir,
just came across your post and it takes me back! As a young high school kid, I hung out in Tom’s shop, strangely I vividly remember the guys building the adjustable sway bar!! I clearly remember them rolling the loop and cutting the notches for the handle!
i just talked with Tom today as I have been considering building a car for group 8 SVRA and was thinking of doing it in the Herman Miller livery!

That car led to my love of cars and racing! If you are ever up at RA let me know I would love to see it again!

That's fantastic. When you speak with Tom again, please tell him that Alex and Mario de Francisco say hello.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by adef16046
That's fantastic. When you speak with Tom again, please tell him that Alex and Mario de Francisco say hello.
Tom talks about Mario alot and asked if I knew you.....think you are in the Chi area? I just PMd Tom's cell phone to you. Call him he would love to talk.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 05-24-2018, 05:57 PM
adef16046
Advanced

Tom talks about Mario alot and asked if I knew you.....think you are in the Chi area? I just PMd Tom's cell phone to you. Call him he would love to talk.
That's great, thank you. Didn't your business used to be based out of Pittsburgh, Fox Chapel area if I remember correctly??
Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That's great, thank you. Didn't your business used to be based out of Pittsburgh, Fox Chapel area if I remember correctly??
Business when I was in Pittsburgh was out of my basement in Gibsonia. I grew up in Fox Chapel back in the 50s when most of the roads were all dirt. Today they are paved in "GOLD".
Better tell your dad to call Tom.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:55 PM
adef16046
Advanced

Gotcha. Yea I gave him Tom's number and he is going to reach out to him. Thanks again.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We received our acceptance email from Rennsport Reunion yesterday. Now we are in the middle of building a new motor and getting it dynoed. We plan on at least one test day at Roebling Road before we leave out.
To all of my friends , and especially Bay Area friends.......stop by and say hi at Rennsport Reunion. I will post where we will be paddocked as soon as they let me know.
I was the first of our group to get accepted but I was also the first to apply.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:26 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 519 Likes on 278 Posts

We received our acceptance email from Rennsport Reunion yesterday. Now we are in the middle of building a new motor and getting it dynoed. We plan on at least one test day at Roebling Road before we leave out.
To all of my friends , and especially Bay Area friends.......stop by and say hi at Rennsport Reunion. I will post where we will be paddocked as soon as they let me know.
I was the first of our group to get accepted but I was also the first to apply.
Congrats Clark! We'll see you out there - spectating not driving unfortunately. You're like the 4th person I know that just got their car accepted. I'm jealous we don't have something that COULD be accepted!

Have you been to RR before? Its a bit overwhelming...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 06-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
Congrats Clark! We'll see you out there - spectating not driving unfortunately. You're like the 4th person I know that just got their car accepted. I'm jealous we don't have something that COULD be accepted!

Bob thanks.
We go to RR 7 weekends a year. WE do all the PCA DEs there. 2-Florida Crown, 3 Coastal Empire and 2 with Florida Citrus. I am not driving. Andrew Eagan will be driving.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:52 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry, by RR I meant Rennsport Reunion :-)
Old 06-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NaroEscape

WE went to the first one in Daytona....think it was 2003. Any time I see RR I automatically think Roebling Road.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:06 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lol. Sorry...I should know that...
we went to that Daytona one too. Went to the last one at Laguna Seca and were blown away... as I said, overwhelming the sheer number of amazing cars there.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That's awesome! My dad was the GM of H+M back then and worked on that car after the first one "took flight". I had that poster signed by Tom back then as well, my dad had it framed for me and ultimately it was discarded. I did a search today and no **** this showed up when I typed in Tom Brennan Porsche in the eBay search https://www.ebay.com/itm/22292848041...m=222928480413 my poster with the faded autograph. Clicked the buy it now and its on its way back to me. I still can't believe it. Going in my garage above my 993!! From boys bed room to garage 37 years later. The guy found it collecting dust in a thrift shop.
Purchased 2 more posters on Ebay for about $75 a piece. One had a little tear on the corner the other looks like new.
Tom Brennan is coming with us to Rennsport Reunion. I have had 500 8x10 copies of the poster made which Tom will be glad to sign. Stop by and see us in the paddock at Laguna Seca.
Driving down to Beaufort on FRiday to see the car. More pics on MOnday.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:52 PM
adef16046
Advanced

Clark, Thats great which poster? The American flag looking one? we will not be attending Laguna Seca this year. Give tom our best.

Quick Reply: Tom Brennans's INstant Legend Comes Back to LIfe