Sponsored by:

PFC 08...sound like a bus on the track

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 11:42 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by stevencr
Is that VR conducting his famous track walk?

Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,418 Likes on 759 Posts

Lol
Old 03-30-2018, 05:03 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So it sounds like if I switch to PFC 11 I will have more initial bite, cooler temps, but faster wear and it doesn’t sound like anyone is having issues with squealing on the track (street of course, but not a worry for me).

Please confirm or correct me.

Thanks,
-Skip
Old 03-30-2018, 06:00 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
Listers,

First track day day with the new 997.2 Carrera S and had a great time getting back to the track. Historically I ran Pagid yellow or black, but thought I would give PFC a try with their easier bedding process. Well, they performed fine, but even once bedded and up to temp they squealed like a pig at every brake zone. The rest of the setup is stock calipers and cross drilled rotors.

I haven’t read of many others dealing with such squealing issues on the track and am wondering if I can do anything to address it as it is a bit distracting and somewhat embarrassing on the track. What alternatives are there for me?

thanks,
-Skip
you didnt get a copy of my bed-in procedures. guranteed to work on any front wheel race pad .
Old 03-30-2018, 06:01 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by swftiii
So it sounds like if I switch to PFC 11 I will have more initial bite, cooler temps, but faster wear and it doesn’t sound like anyone is having issues with squealing on the track (street of course, but not a worry for me).

Please confirm or correct me.

Thanks,
-Skip
i have no issues of squealign, usign a multitude of pads, including my primary PFC11s ... street use is no problem.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mhm993
If PFC's are squeeling, you're not getting them hot enough. You have to really get them to temperature--stop hard and release smoothly after long straights. I've run the pfc compounds for years on a variety of p-cars with stock rotors, and even without spiders installed they're quiet on track, provided I get them hot.
If you're kind of tentative in the brake zone, they're noisy as heck, as they are on the street.
Originally Posted by Der ABT
What bedding process on pagid? If new rotors or using a different compound should be the same for all pads,

but if your just throwing new pads on the same rotors.....bringing them up to temp in a typical easy way, aka braking a little earlier for the first 3 or 4 laps and being sure not to drag the brake is all that is needed.....got this from a pagid tech trying to figure out best compounds.

check your temps at the caliper and rotor and compare PFC to pagid....may help in your decision (alcon caliper temp stickers and rotor paint)
there is a better way, much better than this to bed them. PM me and you can use the info ive been distributing on the rennlist. just getting them hot or a track day, wont do it. any issues in the first 54 mins, can propagate and get worse as they wear. proper bed in is very important, and also stops squealing. PM me for the process.

Quick Reply: PFC 08...sound like a bus on the track