Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of a dyno shop in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017 | 04:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Default Anyone know of a dyno shop in the bay area?

I was looking to get an appointment for a dyno run to see how things are running with the race car, and it turns out Mustang Ranch (santa clara) went out of business (Had a 248e dynojet) That dyno has been around the block a few times over the past 25 years with many different owners.

Does anyone know where it might have ended up, or if there is another popular dyno in the bay area?

At the track, I did a dyno a year or two ago with a dynojet, but it was the one with the smaller drums.... (portable unit that shows up at many SCCA events) The HP results were very close to the Dynojet 248e.

mk

Last edited by mark kibort; 11-25-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2017 | 09:23 PM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

I’ve used BlackTrax in Milpitas/Fremont in the past on my Miata and would recommend them. Not sure if you’re specifically looking for a dynojet but theirs is a dynopack: https://www.blacktrax.net/dynotuning
Old 11-25-2017 | 10:31 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by newold_m
I’ve used BlackTrax in Milpitas/Fremont in the past on my Miata and would recommend them. Not sure if you’re specifically looking for a dynojet but theirs is a dynopack: https://www.blacktrax.net/dynotuning
Thanks... not a huge fan of the brake dynos... LOTS of vibration and that can caused drive shaft failures. (plus you need to bolt it down to the dyno hubs and i prefer using the dynos that have rolling drums.) Ill probalby end up waiting for the season opener when MCE comes out with their portable rolling dyno. (224 model)

thanks for the info though

Mk
Old 11-26-2017 | 01:19 AM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

Sure thing. GST has a mustang dyno in Hayward: http://www.gstmotorsports.com/home/services/
They cater primarily to Subaru’s but sounds like it’s available for rental too.
Old 11-26-2017 | 08:49 AM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Your in the wrong Bay Area. In the Tampa Bay area I have a Mustang linked 4wd dyno built in the ground so easy on and off for any car including Cupcars. Also good for all stock AWD Porsches, Ferraris Lambos, etc....
Old 11-26-2017 | 09:02 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by newold_m
Sure thing. GST has a mustang dyno in Hayward: http://www.gstmotorsports.com/home/services/
They cater primarily to Subaru’s but sounds like it’s available for rental too.
''
last time i used a mustang dyno, it was in the east bay.. dont know what the shop was. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Your in the wrong Bay Area. In the Tampa Bay area I have a Mustang linked 4wd dyno built in the ground so easy on and off for any car including Cupcars. Also good for all stock AWD Porsches, Ferraris Lambos, etc....
that sounds convenient!

Pretty soon, all we need to get an accurate way to time speed through rates of acceleration, and we can have a dyno on our phone. I think part of the software is there already, but more used for the 0-60 drag racing crowd. with some tweaks, just think, run 60 to 100 mph in 3rd gear and get your output. (subtracting aero losses based on Cd), and wala! infinitely portable dyno!

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a dyno shop in the bay area?