Sponsored by:

Bertil Roos School sold to IRG

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
IRG has also purchased the assets of Skib Barber Racing School, LLC.

The great Bruce MacInnes along with Divina Galica taught their first “combined” school at PBIR last weekend.
Hard to believe she is over 70 now.. time flies.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:32 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"To me, the best part about any professional school that (no offense intended) puts to shame amateur or volunteer-staffed marque club schools, is the incredible 'intellectual equity" and experience AT ALL LEVELS that the instructor corps represents"

Completely agree with all your points.
To be clear about car clubs with volunteer instructors, there is no shame. These clubs, and their volunteer instructors do an incredible job bringing everyday people into the sport we love. The intention of these clubs is not to compete with proper racing schools.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:21 PM
dennis macchio
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have coached hundreds of days within PCA driver ed events, as well as other clubs. What has always struck me about PCA HPDE is that they are open minded enough to supplement already very good programs, with the occasional outside pro, to create an even better program. All of the regions that I have worked with have also encouraged those that want to move to the next level, to attend a pro school.....Speaking for the pro school community, I have always ben impressed at the quality of the programs, especially in the Northeast(where I typically work) and the contributions they make to driver education , and more generally, the building of this sport...........
Old 01-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Dennis.

Quick Reply: Bertil Roos School sold to IRG