Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017 | 07:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Correct
Old 09-27-2017 | 07:38 PM
cfiiman
Instructor

"Do you have a quarter million dollars to buy that car you're tailgating!?"........."Yeah"...LMFAO
Old 09-27-2017 | 07:45 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
You are the douche that didn’t show up to the event.
To continue the hijack, I gave all of my remaining Dicktona stickers to the Texas Rennlisters at G52 all of whom are PCA but non-douchebag.
Hard to drive when my engine is out of the car. Needed some new valves.

Was looking forward seeing you in your little go-kart. Next time.
Old 09-27-2017 | 07:57 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CFGT3
And yes, he can join in on any event that's going on whenever he wants. That's just the way it is and has been that way for many many years.
Right up until he jumps out there during a race and somebody gets killed.

And speaking of women, I recall my first classroom instructor being a woman, my second on track instructor being a woman and the person who runs our chapter's national instructor candidate classroom is a woman.
Old 09-27-2017 | 07:58 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

I had a very similar experience with a PCA Region in the North East (not Metro NY and not NNJR). I was mortified by the lack of professionalism. How did I deal with it? First, I will not drive with them again, they won't see a dime of my $$. Second, I told every driver I know what they did and how unprofessional they were. Third, I have come to realize that each region has their own culture and that some cultures don't mesh with mine. Some regions that I drive with would look upon this OP's experience as absolutely ridiculous.

I have a thick skin, and always remember what I was taught :Record and Release. Thanks Dennis.
Old 09-27-2017 | 07:59 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Hard to drive when my engine is out of the car. Needed some new valves.

Was looking forward seeing you in your little go-kart. Next time.
Yeah I heard. Sorry. We should hang this off season.

To the OPP, hijack is over.
Old 09-27-2017 | 08:27 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

It's really sad when a NASCAR Track is more inviting than Spring Mountain. Li'l Scotty acted like a total Dick with the driver filming. As far as I am concerned Li'l Scotty should not be CDI for anything PCA. By his Slot Host Attitude but this is not the first time.

Somebody should tell the owner the actual rules of running on the track.
Old 09-27-2017 | 08:36 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

We should hang this off season.
Creepy.
Old 09-27-2017 | 08:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Creepy.
You’re not invited.
Old 09-27-2017 | 08:39 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cfiiman
"Do you have a quarter million dollars to buy that car you're tailgating!?"........."Yeah"...LMFAO
No one else is concerned about the implications of that question?
Old 09-27-2017 | 09:11 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Yeah I heard. Sorry. We should hang this off season.

To the OPP, hijack is over.
Trying to put an MMC day together before the season is truly out.

The hijack continues!

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Creepy.
Most people think the wall is to keep out the Mexicans. Nope - its the Canananadians.
Old 09-27-2017 | 09:20 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

OP

My very first DE was with a PCA . I am now a PC A National instructor, and count several of my PCA track friends as close as family.

That said, you bring up an excellent point.

Last fall I attended an event at Sebring with the local PCA region.

The chief instructor took it upon herself to make several gratuitous misogynistic and politically insensitive comments on all three mornings at the drivers meeting. Notably, this was a scant seven days following a contentious election.

Later on, in the instructors meeting this same chief instructor's partner who was serving as some kind of track pro/consultant made several ethnic and homophobic remarks repeatedly.

My impression was that this type of conversation was appreciated and tolerated by that particular region.

Although I happen to be a woman, regardless of gender m, I shall not be attending any of their events in the future. I was left with the impression that these individuals were not the most eminently qualified persons to represent the ethos of PCA national.

Thank you very much for bringing up an important point.

911, MD

Last edited by Dr911; 09-28-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2017 | 10:18 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Let's keep in mind that PCA isn't a business, it's essentially a social club which conducts various activities, organizes paying for the cost of those activities on a non-profit basis, and its reps are generally unpaid volunteers rather than paid employees who 'need' the job.

PCA is also fairly decentralized, with each region largely doing its own thing, as a reflection of its member base, history, culture, etc.

All of these factors unavoidably result in a lot of variability in how PCA events are run across the US, ranging from lousy to quite good.
Old 09-27-2017 | 11:00 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Uh, please re-read carefully posts 35, 46 and 47. Focus/try

Originally Posted by FGL28
Snowback,

>> not my name, FGL28. It's Matt Lane.

My point is that the Zone 8 the track is in does not run track events like that.

>> certainly hope not, never said otherwise

Living in Snowback land I take it you do not race in Zone 8.

>> nope, not sure what this has to do with anything

But the track was Vegas adjacent and in my over 10 years experience SOME who are involved in track events have real short man complex. The alledged "owner" got upset he was "tailgated" owner's "track insurance" must be up.

>> yup, that's the point of the thread and everyone's posts here

All "owner" had to do was a point by. If it were me I would worry more about "owner's" driving and back off. The guy who shot video drove, from my just rewatching Video, ok. I did not cringe watching. One key is that one backs off when joe Assclowns is in front. That and have more corner workers.

Scott had personality and actions of a Downtown Slot Host. Saying they would be thrown out. Really the only guy I have seen thrown out was a guy, a Canadian Barrister, because he past on a parade lap for civilians TWICE!!!!!!

You are from Canada, was it you?

>> Yes, Canadian, not a lawyer and nope, not me

My suggestion, and it is worth you pay for it, contact CDI of POC, send video and talk to him. Act on his comments.

>> Why on earth would I be contacting anyone?

I would have treated what happened differently but I am just a tall fat guy with experience.

>> tall and fat - me too!

Remember, don't race like a DICK and you will be ok. And from what I saw OP was a little aggressive, but not too bad.

>> yup
Old 09-28-2017 | 01:39 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Just calm down Hot Rod.

The POC comment was to the Original Poster. As for why, sometimes having somebody else comment is a good thing. POC in the Zone is a great resource.

The comments about Zone 8 events was to let Snowbacks whonhave not done an events in the Zone how most of the Zone events and are from my view point. See I would not criticize a Snowback event. Because I have not done one. I know Scott, I know the track. I have been in the Zone for over 10 years. Being on the ground, watching what goes on, gives me unique perspective. Ok?

My advice for Matt Lane,

Have some Molson, some Poutine and calm down. Oh and do not drive like a DICK.

Quick Reply: Is PCA always this crass?