Sponsored by:

$950K, 200 miles and Orange.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $950K, 200 miles and Orange.

Just another price thread but considering the spike in the value of a lot of collector cars, is $950K with 200 miles and it being orange - believe it to be Nordic Gold Metallic, an accurate valuation of such a car?

A few years ago with a few thousand miles on the clock the average was around $350K +/- what have you. For the same occasionally driven CGT now where is the market(?) Around $500K+!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Just another price thread but considering the spike in the value of a lot of collector cars, is $950K with 200 miles and it being orange - believe it to be Nordic Gold Metallic, an accurate valuation of such a car?
What are you talking about? There is NO reference to a link or anything else in your post. And please don't insult the regal color 'Orange' by calling 'Nordic Gold' that historic & beautiful reddish yellow hue! I hope I don't see another 'Nordic Gold Metallic' anything in what remains of my lifetime. I know you and five other people on Planet Earth liked that odd color. PAG found that out the hard way. That is a very 'select' group of customers...but it doesn't pencil out well for a manufacturer. I am surprised you haven't jump yet on the next SS Titanic of Porsche colors. That one is called 'Lime Gold Metallic' and, like all doomed ships, it's meeting its iceberg pretty soon. I am sure one of the remaining 'Lime Gold' Porsche puppies in inventory is desperately looking for a home from someone wired just like you! Please take advantage of that while you can.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum

A few years ago with a few thousand miles on the clock the average was around $350K +/- what have you. For the same occasionally driven CGT now where is the market(?) Around $500K+!
I think asking $950k is solely to get attention. Low mileage CGTs sell for far far less than that.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:16 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The car in question is PTS Aranacio Borealis (Lamborghini's pearl orange).
http://beta.dupontregistry.com/autos...carrera/101013
Old 06-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
What are you talking about? There is NO reference to a link or anything else in your post. And please don't insult the regal color 'Orange' by calling 'Nordic Gold' that historic & beautiful reddish yellow hue! I hope I don't see another 'Nordic Gold Metallic' anything in what remains of my lifetime. I know you and five other people on Planet Earth liked that odd color. PAG found that out the hard way. That is a very 'select' group of customers...but it doesn't pencil out well for a manufacturer. I am surprised you haven't jump yet on the next SS Titanic of Porsche colors. That one is called 'Lime Gold Metallic' and, like all doomed ships, it's meeting its iceberg pretty soon. I am sure one of the remaining 'Lime Gold' Porsche puppies in inventory is desperately looking for a home from someone wired just like you! Please take advantage of that while you can.

Saludos,
Eduardoy
Carmel
CHINGADA, who woke up and crapped in your menudo this morning Holmes?

Oh and one of the other 5 people who like that color is your friend Sascha Glasaer (SP?) Who's personal Panamera he penned himself went out of his way to PTS his car Nordic Gold, even have pictures, when it wasn't even on the palette anymore.

Now chill out, have a beer or bar of Xanax or whatever it is you do to chill out.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Those odd colors are always worth more.

I personally couldn't own one but appreciate the owners who do - still love the Silver.

Agree - with Tacet

Everyone who owns or watches CGT's know's this story.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 64 Posts

Because the car is so tantalizing beautiful, it would make any color on it look good. I personally like the metallic orange and wouldn't mind owning one.

Quick Reply: $950K, 200 miles and Orange.