Sponsored by:

918 Spider Sales Brochure

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 AM
TJF
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default 918 Spyder Sales Brochure

Got The 918 Spyder sales book today in the mail from Porsche North America.
Thinking they have sent out to all Gt owners wanting them to buy the new model?

750 pounds heaver then the GT, battery weight, but I guess the 795Hp will make up for that.
But you cant see the Engine.....

I think this Car release is going to Increase our car value a lot, What do you think?

Last edited by TJF; 06-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received the book this past weekend and I'm "only" a current GT3 owner. Porsche spent big money on that book. I love that you can get the 918 in Martini and other Porsche historic livery.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by TJF
Got The 918 Spider sales book today in the mail from Porsche North America.
Thinking they have sent out to all Gt owners wanting them to buy the new model?

750 pounds heaver then the GT, battery weight, but I guess the 795Hp will make up for that.
But you cant see the Engine.....

I think this Car release is going to Increase our car value a lot, What do you think?
They've sent it out to a lot more than cgt owners. It's a bummer that you can't see the engine but I think the top exhaust is way cool.

Personally, I don't think the release of the 918 is going to increase the cgt's value, but I am very sure that, unlike other cars, it won't hurt cgt values either. They're just too different and no matter how you slice it, the cgt is still going to be the last of the DIY breed.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
nycartdealer
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

918 release is DEFINITELY going to increase CGT values..in fact it already has as prices are up 10-20% this year alone....Collectors are realizing the CGT is Porsches LAST analogue supercar
Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree with this ^^^. I'd love to buy another one
Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

A CGT is 1/3 the cost, no batteries, about 700 lb. lighter, and sounds better. Hmmm...
Old 06-01-2013, 11:59 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

I got the book...agree with E man & NYC that CGT's are going up up up!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Michael246
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was actually a very interesting article/interview with one of the porsche guys. He claims that the 918 will be able to keep up with the P1/LF on a track though it does not seem realistic IMHO (and I am a 918 owner.) He says that people do not realize how much gain there will be from the 4-wheel drive and 4 wheel steering in the car. I could see this being true if the car had the power it does and weighed the same as P1, but the weight difference is quite large (+/- 400kg). They are definitely trying hard to sell them, but I guarantee they end up selling them all. And it is not just them. McLaren has only sold around 200 P1's, while Porsche has sold around 650 918's, yet no one is saying anything about the P1's struggles to sell, just like when they were only able to sell 60 F1's. I also think everyone is saying how porsche is failing to compete with the P1, but from what I have read, it seems like that is not their intention at all. The man said they ARE NOT even putting the pdk s gearbox from the GT3 in the car because it is not that type of customer. IMHO, they should offer pdk s as a no charge option, but maybe it is something that could be put in aftermarket as I am sure some company will introduce the upgrade for all the 991 owners who want it. I am pretty sure it is just software that needs to be changed.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:50 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Michael246
There was actually a very interesting article/interview with one of the porsche guys. He claims that the 918 will be able to keep up with the P1/LF on a track though it does not seem realistic IMHO (and I am a 918 owner.) He says that people do not realize how much gain there will be from the 4-wheel drive and 4 wheel steering in the car. I could see this being true if the car had the power it does and weighed the same as P1, but the weight difference is quite large (+/- 400kg). They are definitely trying hard to sell them, but I guarantee they end up selling them all. And it is not just them. McLaren has only sold around 200 P1's, while Porsche has sold around 650 918's, yet no one is saying anything about the P1's struggles to sell, just like when they were only able to sell 60 F1's. I also think everyone is saying how porsche is failing to compete with the P1, but from what I have read, it seems like that is not their intention at all. The man said they ARE NOT even putting the pdk s gearbox from the GT3 in the car because it is not that type of customer. IMHO, they should offer pdk s as a no charge option, but maybe it is something that could be put in aftermarket as I am sure some company will introduce the upgrade for all the 991 owners who want it. I am pretty sure it is just software that needs to be changed.
Hi Michael,

I think your quoted 650 is compeletly wrong - evo mentioned something around 300..German magazine Auto Bild now talked a few days ago about 280..still a long way to the 918 to be sold. You are fully correct however, Mclaren is also struggling..in fact the whole company. The 918 is also the cheaperst one from the three..Ferrari is already sold out so only two alternatives remain.

Lets see what will happen..but I predict that it will be very very difficult for Porsche to sell the 918 cars...

Congrats again on your order..youre now our "reference point for 918"..
Old 06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nycartdealer
918 release is DEFINITELY going to increase CGT values..in fact it already has as prices are up 10-20% this year alone....Collectors are realizing the CGT is Porsches LAST analogue supercar
Thats exactly my personal opinion too..altough I havent seen a real price increase for C-GT..but Im quite sure as mentioned earlier..the 918 wouldnt do anything to C-GT second hand values (for short term).

Lets keep the profile "low" here..I dont want C-GT prices to go up before I havent gotten one.....I guess you see my point..
Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Michael246
Instructor

here it is:
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael246
I have confirmed this with Porsche FYI .
You will be happy to hear what he meant was it does not have the "hooligan mode" from the gt3 . I agree the interview was not clear .
Regards
Wt
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

All of these cars are nothing more than pipedreams for me, but I think those alleged sales figures are more speculation than fact. Ferrari more closely controls their production and sales and like all "special editions" before it, the LaFerrari is handed out as a perk to its most loyal customers, so it was already "sold out" before it was even finalized.
I've read up extensively on the history of the McLaren F1, its intended production run was supposed to be 300 cars but at the time there just wasn't enough customers in the world willing to shell out what was then an astronomical amount for a car. Total production including prototypes and race cars was only 106, including the 64 road cars. They continue to escalate in value with the last one to change hands earlier this year said to have gone for over $5M. I believe the figure they're saying for the P1 is up to 400. I personally think it will have the highest performance figures of these three, and perhaps folks who missed out on the F1 will be hoping lightning will strike again, but even 200 sold is pretty good.
Porsche afficionados are as rabid as Ferraristi, but perhaps more discerning. I predict that more 918's will be sold than both of the others, but selling 918 might be a stretch, or at least take longer than they hope for.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
nycartdealer
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
All of these cars are nothing more than pipedreams for me, but I think those alleged sales figures are more speculation than fact. Ferrari more closely controls their production and sales and like all "special editions" before it, the LaFerrari is handed out as a perk to its most loyal customers, so it was already "sold out" before it was even finalized.
I've read up extensively on the history of the McLaren F1, its intended production run was supposed to be 300 cars but at the time there just wasn't enough customers in the world willing to shell out what was then an astronomical amount for a car. Total production including prototypes and race cars was only 106, including the 64 road cars. They continue to escalate in value with the last one to change hands earlier this year said to have gone for over $5M. I believe the figure they're saying for the P1 is up to 400. I personally think it will have the highest performance figures of these three, and perhaps folks who missed out on the F1 will be hoping lightning will strike again, but even 200 sold is pretty good.
Porsche afficionados are as rabid as Ferraristi, but perhaps more discerning. I predict that more 918's will be sold than both of the others, but selling 918 might be a stretch, or at least take longer than they hope for.
I agree that this IS a lot of hypercars to dump on the market at the same time but please remember the world is a much different place now with huge concentrations of wealth much more prevalent now than then. You have the US, China, Russia, South America, Malaysia, Middle East and even some oil and commodities producing Eastern European countries. I suspect that over a 2-3 year period in which these cars will be sold all manufacturers will hit their targets

Quick Reply: 918 Spider Sales Brochure