Nice car needed for N. Austin/Cedar Park Photo shoot

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 AM
pcar928fan
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nice car needed for N. Austin/Cedar Park Photo shoot

Hey guys,

Are any of you here in the area and willing to let a pretty girl touch (though probably not SIT ON ;-) your CGT for some pics for a calendar? I did one last year for the 928 gang and it went over pretty well, this year I am doing another 928 calendar as well as one with as many different P-cars as I can find.

LOVE to have a CGT in the mix if possible. I have a GT3, GT3RS and Turbo either already shot or lined up but no CGT's yet.

Thanks for any help!

Best,
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 AM
pcar928fan
Nordschleife Master

Here was today's fun!
Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

how long do you need the cars for? you might be able to use mine but you've got to come to dallas
Old 05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
pcar928fan
Nordschleife Master

I usually don't shoot for more than 1.5 hours, but Dallas would be a long trip for me to come shoot a car... We have quite a few CGT's in Austin so I am hoping to find one here. If I can't find one locally I might head your way though! I have no idea where I could find some nice back drops in Dallas...that would be my only problem. I have some friends with nice 928's up there I'd like to shoot too, but still a bit of a road trip for me...

Thanks again for the offer and I'll keep you posted! Watch this space!

Best,
Old 06-02-2010, 05:45 PM
pcar928fan
Nordschleife Master

Are there any CGT's in Austin these days at all? I heard Travis sold his...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

There was a black one a couple of years ago that "lived" at the Hilton condos in downtown. Don't know if that's the same one you're referring to or not.

Might want to rethink that drive to Dallas to use CJ's car. Take the backroads and have some fun.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
pcar928fan
Nordschleife Master

Brian,

I don't know the black one. The one I knew of was Carrera silver and was NEVER, EVER driven. Ok, it was driven every now and then back and forth in the 60' garage it lived in but that was IT! I think it had 12 miles on it...

I am going to stop by the dealership next week and check in with the manager. I need to borrow a new Boxster as I am having ZERO luck on that front too (even through the local PCA's email list...and I was past president and ran the concours for almost a decade, etc) and he might be able to turn me on to someone with a CGT. Otherwise I might send one of my photog buddies over to CJ's with a hot model and let them handle the shoot.

LOVE the Yellow! That would look AWESOME in the calendar!! Love to shoot the TT too! A very nice pair of cars you have there Brian! Both BIG steps up from the 944's! Well done!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar928fan
Brian,

I don't know the black one. The one I knew of was Carrera silver and was NEVER, EVER driven. Ok, it was driven every now and then back and forth in the 60' garage it lived in but that was IT! I think it had 12 miles on it...

I am going to stop by the dealership next week and check in with the manager. I need to borrow a new Boxster as I am having ZERO luck on that front too (even through the local PCA's email list...and I was past president and ran the concours for almost a decade, etc) and he might be able to turn me on to someone with a CGT. Otherwise I might send one of my photog buddies over to CJ's with a hot model and let them handle the shoot.

LOVE the Yellow! That would look AWESOME in the calendar!! Love to shoot the TT too! A very nice pair of cars you have there Brian! Both BIG steps up from the 944's! Well done!
Thanks for the compliments. There was a looooong time period in between the 944s and the current ones.

I don't know the black on either except that I brought mine down there a couple of years ago for a Hill Country drive and pulled into the Hilton parking garage and saw the black one sitting there. I seem to recall that it had dealer tags on it.

Quick Reply: Nice car needed for N. Austin/Cedar Park Photo shoot