Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vralexander...good for you

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:28 AM
qtrrmile
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new guy here, is the video on speed channel on you tube or some sort? just wanted to see it. Thanks!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:31 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

I don’t know about you guys but I am a little concerned about Alex myself. His account shows that he has not signed on to Rlist since July 11th which I believe is unusual given the fact that he was trying to organize a competition amongst various online car sites.

It is especially disturbing given the fact that he received interest from various Rlist members about entering his competition. Surely, he would have checked back to inform us of his progress in organizing the event.

I tried to send Alex an email but he is not registered to receive emails through Rlist.

Does anyone here know Alex personally and can vouch for his whereabouts/condition?

Alex, if you are out there reading this post please reply so that we know you are OK.

Sincerely,
Eric
Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Smile

Eric,

Thank you for your concern my friend =)
I have been dealing with some family issues and was unable to get online for some time. I am happy to report that the shootout is in Kevin's hands (producer) and that the website is being worked on. We where able to secure Las Vegas Motor speedway for March 2009 as well as a section of Las Vegas blvd for the roll on races. More will be posted on forumwars.com (to be up by end of October). So far we have 208 registered entries. Thank you again -)

Now for the fun stuff.. As many of you know, I have been to the Texas Mile several times and have brought Speed TV and Streetfire to the event. The relation ships turned out priceless and its a win win situation for all parties. Shannon and Jay Matus are of the highest caliber and put on a great show. I am going back on October 25-26th for some competition this time around. The last couple of outings where to get familiar with the event and get involved. This year I am going out as a racer for the fastest car in the mile title. I have been working diligently on two cars that will be attending. One, my 1994 Supra with twin GT40r's and 225shot of NOS is currently at Autobanh Motorsports and Tommy is putting the final touches on her for the event. The second car is my turbo 996. It has gone through a metamorphosis over the past nine months. She is finally ready for a serious title shot at the event and we are definitely going to put the entire 996 community on the top speed map! For one she has had extensive wind tunnel testing and we where able to drop the cd down to .266! Second the weight is down close to 900lb over stock weight and we did the final tune for a 30.65bar map (down from the 40psi max) to get 970rwhp at 105 degree ambient temperature with no fans and cooling in the dyno room. I wanted to simulate the most extreme conditions for making 1000rwhp in high heat (like the weather in Texas during the event). She has plenty of power left in her, however this will be adequate enough to Redline 6th gear (8200rpms) at .987 of a mile. I want to extend a special tank you for Anthony and Joe for the design and build of the weld straps for the cylinder heads on the car. Without your help, I could never run 40psi of boost through that motor! Thank you, thank you and thank you. Todd, great job with the ECU, you are an expensive rocket scientist =) If the conditions are as expected she will make history in October. Below is the final 2.085bar tune which made 970rwhp at 105degree ambient temperature without running any fans or cooling in the dyno room. If you correct this run for 70 degree temp and a cooler motor at sea level, 1008rwhp would have been achieved at the same boost level. She has plenty of power left on the board should we need it, however at this time, this is all the calculations call for to accomplish our goal. Special designed and extremely light weight rims and F1 tires have also been incorporated for the event. Eddie Bello and EVOMS will be with me again. Together I want the entire Porsche community on the map for this top speed run. Thank you again for your concern and I will send you a PM with some info.

Thanks =)

<br>30.65lb of boost for this run at 105degree of ambient heat with no fans or cooling in the dyno room. max boost is for the engine is 40psi.

Last edited by VRAlexander; 10-03-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by qtrrmile
new guy here, is the video on speed channel on you tube or some sort? just wanted to see it. Thanks!!!

http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/.../shootout.html

enjoy
Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

Wow. Congrats! Sounds like 220+ mph to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by dk996tt
Wow. Congrats! Sounds like 220+ mph to me.
Thank you...I am going for 8200rpm Redline in 6th with the shatter the record or blow it up/die trying attitude... The amount of R&D that went into this car as well as the engineers/race teams that helped put this new setup together agree on the combo to be of the highest caliber to achieve that goal. All professional calculations indicate that the power to weight ratio and the cd of the car will achieve the goal at this power level. She still has 10psi of boost left on the board which translates into 145rwhp more...this program will be at my fingertips with the overboost button if I need it. We shall see...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:40 PM
ufo-911
Intermediate

Damn Alex, you've outdone yourself yet again, I sincerely hope you achieve your goals, you have always done so much for the Pcar community and a lot of people will gain from it, all the best and I really wish I could come to the U.S to see all this action.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:00 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by ufo-911
Damn Alex, you've outdone yourself yet again, I sincerely hope you achieve your goals, you have always done so much for the Pcar community and a lot of people will gain from it, all the best and I really wish I could come to the U.S to see all this action.
Thank you for the kind words my friend. I am bringing another video crew to the event this year so there will be plenty of coverage for you to view..

Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Thanks for all the great supportive PM's. As per your request the photos of the suspension and Aero mods have been posted on page four. There have been a couple of minor changes since then. I plan on posting a full video with all the data in November. The car is very solid (except that is blows the slicks and walks half a lane at 120mph on top of 3rd). The new boost controller lets me set boost per GEAR and RPM across the entire powerband. I have to thank Bobby for this idea. We are going to tapper the boost a bit down on top of second and third so the violence is more linear. Then have her come full force for 4th, 5th and 6th. I must say the drivability at low boost (1.6bar) is sensational. My Grandmother could drive the car (now that is a funny picture...lolol). I saw the photos of CJV's head setup and we are running a very similar combo. CJV, you will need to add a critical component for over 2.5bar....welded head straps...you can torque these babies down to over 130lb of torque with them! I am excited to run some 60-130's and 1/4 mile times after the mile. Todd is writing a custom program with a two step and some powershifting parameters that will keep the TB open during shifts (I have no blow off valve since the new turbos have reliefs built in) so we can be under full boost (no loss and re-spool) when the next gear comes on. I cant wait to launch this thing at 1.5bar on full slicks out of the hole =)
Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
I cant wait to launch this thing at 1.5bar on full slicks out of the hole =)
that is going to be wild. i am launching mine on the 2 step at 10 psi of boost. as you can see by my 9.79 s 1/4 mile run, by the time i am completely off the clutch, the car takes off like a bat out of hell since i am at 10 psi of boost. i can't imagine taking off at 22 psi of boost and slicks! that is going to be absolutely crazy!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:13 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Smile

that is going to be wild. i am launching mine on the 2 step at 10 psi of boost. as you can see by my 9.79 s 1/4 mile run, by the time i am completely off the clutch, the car takes off like a bat out of hell since i am at 10 psi of boost. i can't imagine taking off at 22 psi of boost and slicks! that is going to be absolutely crazy!
Thank you my friend and congrats again on having the first 997tt in the 9's!
Switzer did a great setup on that car

For those of you that have not seen this record run...check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xMyVaqtkU
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...2-9b170168c3c5

On another note, Markski asked me to post and just note in case people are confused as to why my dyno graph does not have a 5250RPM intersection between torque and horsepower. Since the engine combo was designed for high boost and high hp (not high torque) we have two scales. The first scale on the right in the torque scale and measures to 1000ft -lb. On the left of the graph we have the horsepower scale which measures to 1250hp. If we had scaled both to the same number then the torque and horsepower curve would intersect at 5250rpm. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks

Last edited by VRAlexander; 10-04-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

thanks you alex. we will pretty much have the same attitude at texas mile as well. I want to get at least 1 run in over 200+ mph. i think we can do that at about 1.6 bar of boost. after we break 200+ mph, we will see how much the internals will hold and keep cranking it up. i already have the new internals ready to go so this would be a good place as any to test the limits of the stock internals!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:20 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

i already have the new internals ready to go so this would be a good place as any to test the limits of the stock internals!
Very cool David. Can't wait to see what you guys do with a built motor.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
Very cool David. Can't wait to see what you guys do with a built motor.
thanks luis. i just hope the motor blows! I've already turned it up to over 2.0 bar of boost on several runs and it is still holding up. i think my turbo's should be good for about 2.3 - 2.4 bar of boost (35 psi), so we will keep turning it up until it blows up in texas!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

thanks luis. i just hope the motor blows! I've already turned it up to over 2.0 bar of boost on several runs and it is still holding up. i think my turbo's should be good for about 2.3 - 2.4 bar of boost (35 psi), so we will keep turning it up until it blows up in texas!
Its good to hear you guys are coming. Weather should be in the high 80's and humid. There will also be another film crew there, so if you do blow the engine it will make for great video!! I have about 150feet of tarmac blocked off (next to the Master Cook BBQ area of Sean Newsome =) ). I want the whole gang to pit together so everyone gets exposure form the film crew and Magazines. I spoke to Eddie Bello this morning and he is (once again) driving his car down to the event. The following cars will be pitting together: Me, Eddie, Tommy Banh +3 other Supras, Todd (EVOMS crew) and Bobby. It would be great to have you in our group... We are here to represent and have fun, the spirit of the mile is alive this month =)))

This is going to be a blast

Quick Reply: vralexander...good for you