Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak997tt
Fine ..Thanks

So who built ur car?
The list is long.... I put together the best guys in their field for each component, right down to Alan who coated all the custom cut titanium bolts... Since I have a basic knowledge of how the 996 works and know exactly what I want, I decided to take it to the next step with an 'open checkbook' approach. The only item (which was just completed last Friday) that was not part of the prior setup is the billet case (block). Once the new engine (again..lol) is assembled with the custom HKS turbos (with ceramic impellers) we will yet have an entire new envelope to play with at 40psi =)

Thanks again for your compliment...
Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Freak997tt
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
The list is long.... I put together the best guys in their field for each component, right down to Alan who coated all the custom cut titanium bolts... Since I have a basic knowledge of how the 996 works and know exactly what I want, I decided to take it to the next step with an 'open checkbook' approach. The only item (which was just completed last Friday) that was not part of the prior setup is the billet case (block). Once the new engine (again..lol) is assembled with the custom HKS turbos (with ceramic impellers) we will yet have an entire new envelope to play with at 40psi =)

Thanks again for your compliment...
next October

That's awesome!!!

I wish a goodluck for u next October on TX Mile
Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Freak997tt
next October

That's awesome!!!

I wish a goodluck for u next October on TX Mile
Thanks buddy....I am going "All-out" in October with the turbo, Supra and another car... I had fun over the last several events...this time I am going out to set a new record and put the 996 well OVER 200mph... Its about time our Porsche community becomes part of the 200mph club

Last edited by VRAlexander; 06-25-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

So I got a call today from a producer wanting to know if I would be interested in taking on a new 'Super Viper' for the 'Ultimate Supercar Showdown' as well as against some other supercars for a TV show and magazine article ? (I would assume a Veyron, SSC, 9ff, twin turbo POS and others) It would involve a Top Speed shootout, standing mile run, quarter mile and a fast lap around Willow springs big track..as well as braking. I have nothing to prove since I have the SPEED channel's title, but non-the-less I love a good race....what do you guys think... YES/NO ???
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

So I got a call today from a producer wanting to know if I would be interested in taking on a new 'Super Viper' for the 'Ultimate Supercar Showdown' as well as against some other supercars for a TV show and magazine article ? (I would assume a Veyron, SSC, 9ff, twin turbo POS and others) It would involve a Top Speed shootout, standing mile run, quarter mile and a fast lap around Willow springs big track..as well as braking. I have nothing to prove since I have the SPEED channel's title, but non-the-less I love a good race....what do you guys think... YES/NO ???
Aaa...Get that car running well and YES!!! That would be incredible sick!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Thanks for the input guys.....I say we take this to the next level! I have proposed a "Forum-war" show. Which would included the top dogs from several Internet forums and pitch A Supra against a Porsche, Lamborghini, Ford GT, Corvette...ets. I would host the show and Tanner Foust has already agreed to drive my car. I would bring Rhys Millen on as a co-host and to help set this up...Lets get two of the big dogs from each forum involved! I am meeting with the producers next week to lay out my complete idea.. they are very interested at this point. =)
Old 06-27-2008, 01:36 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I say alwasy say yes to one of these shoot-outs!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Since I posted this on all the forums (except 6speed..should be posted shortly) I have received an overwhelming response =).
There are only TWO cars per each forum allowed. It going to be up to the individual forums to pick their top dog to represent them at the shootout. The two finalist I will review for the final approval. It's open to anyone that the forum selects. One car can only represent one forum! Egg...If someone with a Porsche wants to be a participant, then either 6speed or Rennlist will have to nominate him first.

I have Posted this for Vipers, Corvettes, FordGT's, Porsche's, Supras and several other forums that have reacted in a similar way.. We need to pick two cars two here.. This is about the cars, you may switch drivers, tires, gas, brakes, readjust suspension, etc (will be defined when the cars have been selected)... The ONE rule that I WILL ENFORCE is that the car has to have current REGISTRATION and INSURANCE and that it has been that way for at least the past twelve months! Lets get some cars nominated!!! Joe G has expressed interest...
Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Since I posted this on all the forums (except 6speed..should be posted shortly) I have received an overwhelming response =).
There are only TWO cars per each forum allowed. It going to be up to the individual forums to pick their top dog to represent them at the shootout. The two finalist I will review for the final approval. It's open to anyone that the forum selects. One car can only represent one forum! Egg...If someone with a Porsche wants to be a participant, then either 6speed or Rennlist will have to nominate him first.

I have Posted this for Vipers, Corvettes, FordGT's, Porsche's, Supras and several other forums that have reacted in a similar way.. We need to pick two cars two here.. This is about the cars, you may switch drivers, tires, gas, brakes, readjust suspension, etc (will be defined when the cars have been selected)... The ONE rule that I WILL ENFORCE is that the car has to have current REGISTRATION and INSURANCE and that it has been that way for at least the past twelve months! Lets get some cars nominated!!! Joe G has expressed interest...

I think this is a great idea Alex!!!

I nominate your 996TT. Does anyone second that motion?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I think this is a great idea Alex!!!

I nominate your 996TT. Does anyone second that motion?
I second! :
Old 06-28-2008, 05:51 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Alexander
One more vote for your 996 TT.
We have never spoke, but I have been observing for quite a while,
and I really enjoy your car spirit (for lack of better words).

Also, I think your 996 TT will be the fastest.

What kind of track are you thinking of? (and length?)
John
Old 06-28-2008, 11:03 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carn3rd
I second! :

+3
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM
vramani
Instructor

Default Sponsor

Alex I would like to offer sponsor help.

www.UrbanLiving.com

Please pm me and let me know what opportunities are available. Would like to put our logo and website on some cars.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can do it... when would they shoot ?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:28 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Thanks guys....If there I no objections, I would be honored to represent rennlist =)
As for the shootout date... I am awaiting one more confirmation for the runway and then the official website will be up with all the dates/rules....

vramani- I will email you when that time comes... The project is funded, however we can incorporate you and your biz for home TV exposure =)

JDSStudios- Willow Springs, Las Vegas Motor Speedway...

Thanks again guys =)

Quick Reply: vralexander...good for you