Sponsored by:

Help.... I popped my T!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:12 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help.... I popped my T!

As you can see in the pic I included, the T in the lettering Carrera GT on the *** of the car is off! I was drying the car one afternoon and my towel snagged the letter T and it popped right off! I freaked out. From what I can tell, it was held on with what looks like double sided tape or foam tape. Is there a easier way to reattach it or a brand name of tape that would work? I was going to give clear silicone glue a try but I was afraid it may harm the paint. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Michael
Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Default Whoops..... forgot the pic!

Here is the pic of the rear of the CGT!
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 AM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This happens on the other Porsche models a lot. I would ask your dealer how they usually fix it. I would be hesitant to use an adhesive without checking with them.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:44 AM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Well, I mean, it is very important to understand that your 400,000 dollar exotic Porsche has very special double sided sticky tape.

You must be careful not to use the double sided sticky tape from any other brand, or even the more mundane Porsche models, like GT3, GT2, or even the 914.

Ad to that the fact that only people versed in the specific carbon fiber construction of your vehicle will be able to do the actual installation of your T. The T must be kept within 10 feet of your G at all times, or there might possibly be a MHHAI, or Massive Hip Hop Awareness Influx, and you will be driving your Carrera "G" and become 50 cent. YOU MUST make sure to keep the T with you at all time.

Finally, but not at all least important, The T must never be reapplied by Mr. T, as it may turn gold and you will sprout rings upon rings or gold chains around your neck, and your hair will shape itself into a mohawk. If this happens, you will be required to turn in your GT, as well as your other Ford GT.

The ferraris can stay, as gold chains are par for the course with those vehicles.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 AM
justin
Three Wheelin'

Go to a auto parts store and buy some 3M double sided tape, trim it up and put it back on, just be sure and measure the spacing between the G and T right now before you remove the black residue there now, so you can get it perfect.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:07 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Be sure to drive the CGT to the auto parts store. Just to be a goof, ask them for brake pads / rotors for the car and bitch when they cannot install them that day (as their ads probably promises).
Old 04-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Bill Ball
Under the Lift
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

If more than 3 letters pop-off in 6 months, you're covered by the Lemon Law.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm sure the dealer will fix it under warranty, or free of charge since it will take them like 5 minutes, just let them deal with using the right adhesive (which means a NEW letter!) Cars come in to dealerships for the same thing plenty of times.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:08 AM
domeden
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
Well, I mean, it is very important to understand that your 400,000 dollar exotic Porsche has very special double sided sticky tape.

You must be careful not to use the double sided sticky tape from any other brand, or even the more mundane Porsche models, like GT3, GT2, or even the 914.

Ad to that the fact that only people versed in the specific carbon fiber construction of your vehicle will be able to do the actual installation of your T. The T must be kept within 10 feet of your G at all times, or there might possibly be a MHHAI, or Massive Hip Hop Awareness Influx, and you will be driving your Carrera "G" and become 50 cent. YOU MUST make sure to keep the T with you at all time.

Finally, but not at all least important, The T must never be reapplied by Mr. T, as it may turn gold and you will sprout rings upon rings or gold chains around your neck, and your hair will shape itself into a mohawk. If this happens, you will be required to turn in your GT, as well as your other Ford GT.

The ferraris can stay, as gold chains are par for the course with those vehicles.
Funniest post I've read in a long time
Old 04-02-2006, 10:56 AM
heinrich
928 Collector
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are bloody hilarious - or is that delirious .... Magwheel, same stuff used on other Porsches and btw you can purchase lettering cheaply from the dealer. 3M tape works but don't try glue.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 AM
heinrich
928 Collector
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brendan - might one obtain a D and O to make that g the shizznit?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:52 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Dawg! Then randy jackson (DAWG!) shows up and gives you the thumbs down.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Geez, you just can't buy a quality car any more....

I agree, it would seem that the dealer would trip over themselves to fix it under warranty. 3M also make emblem adhesive, but it's like working with Gorilla snot, so you have to be careful.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:54 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

only problem is they don't have a dealer in poland, ohio
how far is it to your dealer michael?
i forget whether you bought this one in columbus or cleveland?
Old 04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
whitefox
Banned

DO NOT DRIVE IT, this is a serious imbalance of weight and aerodynamic stability, you must call a tow truck and deliver it to your nearest Porsche dealer where they should give you a loaner car while it is in the shop.

Quick Reply: Help.... I popped my T!