Sponsored by:

CGT tries to lose a vette...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
max_Benzo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGT tries to lose a vette...

In the mountains some1 tries to lose the zo6 but fails to do so, so owns up to it and lets the faster driver by .Guy must have been

Click here to see Video
Old 06-16-2005, 04:12 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,924 Likes on 2,790 Posts

CGT was probably just nervous that he would cause a wreck - I'd let some tailgater pass also...
Old 06-16-2005, 05:04 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Give me a break! Nice first post too.

CGT let him pass because he has a brain larger than a pea unlike the Z06 driver......What a stupid waste of a thread....
Old 06-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a f*&kin' idiot.... They pass a clearly visible speed limit sign that reads: 35 MPH

Let that 'vette onto a track with a CGT and see what video he posts.....
Old 06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Ya, typical of todays Z06 owner.........one of the Fast and Furious morons until he runs over a 6 year old kid or wraps it around a telephone pole. Hopefully the owners of the new Z06 are of a little better class since it has moved up in price quite a bit.......I don't hold out much hope though. Too bad, the new Z06 really deserves a more responsible following.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Where exactly did the CGT try to lose it? He was stuck behind a minivan for half the time!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:46 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Just delete this post...waste of time....
Old 06-17-2005, 01:33 AM
MMD
Banned

If I were in the CGT and a POS Vette were messin' with me? I'd show him who was boss for a 1/4 mile and then let him burn past me after I slowed down to 35mph.

If you're driving a true supercar you got nothin' to prove to nobody! Ya know?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:48 AM
mbodo
Racer

Wow .. if I had Skeeter and Jethro on my tail like that, I'd get the hell out of the way too.

"We loves us some foreign cars"

Sheesh, good exercise in patience & control for the CGT pilot.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:42 AM
max_Benzo
3rd Gear

Hey, don't kill the messenger now. I just brought it like i saw it. It's nice to know that I have started on a good foot here. But seriously now, the CGT driver did get on it (first part and end part, from what we can hear) and most likely didn't feel capable with his car and backed off, try not to get too defensive on this part but maybe the guy got outdriven and not the car. Good use of judgement would have been to use the turnouts available in the beginning and let the vette by but no, he probably thought, "easy kill" and hopped on it. So from this we can conclude that he was no better than the vette in terms of driver mentality. Now as far as the excuses go the "he probably..." or "in the hypothetical event of..", this is no better than the lame mustang excuses one gets, "thats got a turbo, it'll smoke me", or "I can't launch, my clutch slips and plus you got 4 wheel drive". So stop saying waste of a thread when i'm just trying to contribute, and sorry to make some of you butthurt, just sharing some porsche stuff i encountered today.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

No criticism of the post. To me, the video only shows a nice road blocked by slow traffic, a ZO6 equipped with a mounted camera, and a CGT trapped behind a mommy-van with a roof rack on a 35mph road with many blind spots. With an overly-aggressive idiot behind me, I'd have let him go too. It's very likely the CGT driver didn't know exactly what was behind him for a minute, and then took another minute to solve the problem.
At no time would I have attempted to do anything else, since the worst ending would be a collision, and the most likely a ticket.
Since the limits of both cars are very high, the speed that the CGT would have needed to sustain to separate from a ZO6 is way too much for the street. Personally, I don't think the Corvette was being pushed very hard either.
In summary, the post was mislabled, since it doesn't appear the CGT tried to "lose a Vette". AS
Old 06-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Philip in AL
Pro

This is a ridiculous thread. It doesn't matter what the video shows (which to me is a CGT driver who is tired of some guy tailing him in traffic, on a 35mph road and does the smart thing; pulls over), everyone knows that a zo6 doesn't stand a chance against a CGT, period! However, the BS video was well worth it just to see this clip. If you haven't seen this, you must watch it!
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....3-761051EFD4B3
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you listen to the guys in the z06 they sound very young. Maybe junior took dad's car out. It happens every day I drive my GT3. Someone in a honda withtape on aero kits flapping in the breeze and a muffler so large you could stick your head up the pipe starts tail gating me on the freeway at 70mph. Then pulls next to me then back behind. They are a pain in the ***. It is tough not to go to 3rd and go away. But I figure someone has to be the grownup. Accually it is only to ticket and the time in court that keeps me in control.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

anyone notice how it looks like double yellow line the entire time on the video, no reasonable place to pass, and there is the definite risk that 2 ******** might rear end ya

Quick Reply: CGT tries to lose a vette...