Sponsored by:

Seat Height Adjustability

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:36 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Seat Height Adjustability

I think I read something about it here, but couldn’t find it by searching.

Is there a difference in the seat height adjustability from ’04 to ’05? My wife and co-driver is quite short. She sat in a standard ’04 today, and couldn’t see over the steering wheel.

I’ve also been told that there’s some sort of additional factory padding that can be added to the seat bottom temporarily for a “height challenged” driver?

I suppose the seat could be shimmed upward, but I really don’t want to have to remove the brackets every time we swap drivers?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just don't let her drive it! just kidding!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:40 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Just don't let her drive it! just kidding!
luckily, the clutch pretty much guarantees that very very few wives even "want" to drive it
Old 05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redcar1
I think I read something about it here, but couldn’t find it by searching.

Is there a difference in the seat height adjustability from ’04 to ’05? My wife and co-driver is quite short. She sat in a standard ’04 today, and couldn’t see over the steering wheel.

I’ve also been told that there’s some sort of additional factory padding that can be added to the seat bottom temporarily for a “height challenged” driver?

I suppose the seat could be shimmed upward, but I really don’t want to have to remove the brackets every time we swap drivers?

Thanks for any advice.
The car comes with an extra set of bottom seat cushions that are thicker, but I think it just is for under the thighs. Porsche apparently sells a some spacers that just go under the seats that raise it by 1 cm if I remember correctly.

There are brackets on the bottom sides of the seats that look just like GT3 or Recarro seat brackets. On those seats, there are multple screw holes so you can adjust the seat height and rake. I don't know if the CGT seats have these extra holes because the bracket covers the side of the seat. Anybody know if there are extra holes there?

Quick Reply: Seat Height Adjustability