any way to raise the ride height on the

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
quickburn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any way to raise the ride height on the

CGT?
we test drove a carrera gt and its too low to the ground to go up the driveway.
does the car have adjustable shocks that can raise the ride height?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by quickburn
CGT?
we test drove a carrera gt and its too low to the ground to go up the driveway.
does the car have adjustable shocks that can raise the ride height?
i think the best you can hope for is +3/8" - anything more will meaningfully and negatively affect aerodynamics. have you tried backing it up?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm trying to put this in perspective how much of an issue this really is. It would seem the 2 biggest factors would be OE height of the bottom of that front chin......... and second, how 'far forward' that nose is (from the front axle line).
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
quickburn
Track Day

well our car isnt here yet but we test drove a local one and its way too low. we can back it in the driveway but it would be a pain in the *** to do it at all driveways or stop signs that have dips.
i think its mostly the front that needs to be raised. So the car has adjustable shocks and can be raised?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

well our car isnt here yet but we test drove a local one and its way too low. we can back it in the driveway but it would be a pain in the *** to do it at all driveways or stop signs that have dips.
i think its mostly the front that needs to be raised. So the car has adjustable shocks and can be raised?
i'd be surprised if you find it a PIA in many places other than your driveway (at least i don't in hilly SoCal). again though, 10 mm is the max porsche has said can be done without dangerously affecting higher speed aerodynamics. you might call mike at champion (porsche) motorsports in pompano beach for further clarification.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
DMin
Instructor

Ben

I thought that details on the raising of the front end was still sketchy at best. Have you heard definitive confirmation of a program to raise the ride height? Since I am moving out of my current house which has a moderate incline to the driveway, I have the ability to choose a house which can accomodate the C-GT. I'm just not going to tell my fiance why I am insisting on the Pea Green 1200 sq-ft eyesore with a really flat driveway.

D. Min
Tulsa, OK
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 85 Posts

can u post some pics of ur driveway maybe we can figure something out. my drive is hell but i manage to get out without problem with many lower cars.

ben,
is the CS lower or the CGT?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:38 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DMin
I thought that details on the raising of the front end was still sketchy at best. Have you heard definitive confirmation of a program to raise the ride height?
a factory solution is sketchy at best (promised for 6 months now and they don't have any motivation to do so - unless they can make some money - after the last US allocation is built - 7/05). however, mike at champion motorsports has a solution. as well, he is at the largest pcar dealer in the country so if anyone knows the status of a factory solution it would be him.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 20C4S
is the CS lower or the CGT?
CGT
Old 04-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Woodster
Drifting

I believe there is another rennlister who has measured and studied this intently and built his
gargage and driveway to accomodate cgt. it is the long overhang that becomes the issue and
like ben said the biggest issue is certain driveways and speedbumps in wal-mart parking lots,
both which can (and should be) avoided. general driving and public roads does not produce
scraping if you watch where you are going. IMHO
Old 04-30-2005, 02:56 AM
alexpapas
Intermediate

The front lip is designed to give you fair warning of hitting something in front. I have found that there is probably and inch of clearance beyond the lip. I tape mine up with black electrical tape and scrape it every so often. The Carbon pan is unaffected. If the front lip hits something solid then I stop and check out the clearance visually at ground level. So far I have been able to go places that I thought I would never make, including local neighborhood speed bumps as well as drainage culverts (like concave speed bumps), by easing slowly over them at an angle.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:58 AM
quickburn
Track Day

Default well we contacted the local porsche service

manager and he told us that they DO NOT reccomend the compression of the coil over suspension to raise ride height becaise it will make the car drive drastically different. He did say that they are certifying a some sort of piston kit that will raise ride height 1 inch. He did not give a time frame but did say near future.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:51 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

manager and he told us that they DO NOT reccomend the compression of the coil over suspension to raise ride height becaise it will make the car drive drastically different. He did say that they are certifying a some sort of piston kit that will raise ride height 1 inch. He did not give a time frame but did say near future.
yes, i've been hearing "near future" for over 6 months now.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
quickburn
Track Day

hey ben is mike a salesperson at champion?
Because it doesnt seem that they have a mike in the service department at champion porsche in pompano beach, FL.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:47 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

hey ben is mike a salesperson at champion?
Because it doesnt seem that they have a mike in the service department at champion porsche in pompano beach, FL.
no, he runs champion motorsport.

Quick Reply: any way to raise the ride height on the