Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT spotted in The Netherlands :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 02:23 PM
TonD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CGT spotted in The Netherlands :)

Ok, let me tell you a brief story of last Saturday before posting the pics.

Last Saturday, the 12th, I joined a tour which was being held for ill children. I was a very good initiative (is that an English word?)! The goal of the organization was to gather about 100 Porsche's, so that 100 ill children (I must admit I don't know the details, but last year they had 100 young kids with cancer...) could have a nice day out, being driven around in a Porsche. So when I heard about this, I joined as a volunteer with my 944. So did 135 other Porsche owners! I have to say, those were all very nice persons, not the braggy rich ignorant type...no...all enthusiast willing to 'help' these poor little kids.

FWIW, most Porche's were 80's aircooled 911's. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I have to say it: there were virtually no 996's, which says a lot about (most, not all of) their owners. I can't tell about the situation over there in the states, but over here, it seems to me as most of the pre 996 Porsche's are owned by enthusiasts, while 996's and Boxsters are mostly owned by rich stupid fat people who buy them just for the status and the bragging rights....ok...Enough about that, but again, I don't intend to offend any 996 owners who are indeed Porsche enthusiasts!

Ok, to the point then.. We gathered at 4 hosptitals across our tiny country. In Rotterdam, were I live very nearby, we had 36 Porsche's on the parking lot. At 10 in the morning we took of to a small town near Utrecht, the other 100 Porsche's went to the same location. From there, we would start a small "rally-like" tour of about 25 miles, but not after we had a terrific lunch

Anyway...as I arrive on the soccer-field (which had to pretend to be a parking-lot for that particular day...) I saw this incredible thing standing at the field. I say to myself in my head "Holy CRAP, that's a brand spanking new CGT standing a few feet away from me!". Oh, for the 924/944/968 enthusiasts; in front of it, stood one of the few original 924 Carrera GT's in our country, cool!

So, after the photographer took some pics of my car and us (me and the ill kid), I got to park my car.

I immediatly took of to look at the CGT, of course! I'd never seen one before, just the prototype behind ropes at the Amsterdam motorshow last year. I take 1 pic, and my camera starts tripping!

The car was topless btw, and it starts raining (of course, we're in Holland!). The owner is not around, he's having a cup of coffee inside. After some 10 minutes the owner arrives to put the top on. The guy had some humor btw! "Oh ****...it's all wet now..I'll have to throw it away now I guess, it's worthless!". People who were standing by either were funny or thought they were...one said "Those seats are worthless now, I'll do you a favor and take them of your hands!". The owner then said "I guess we have to arrange a trailer, so we can get rid of it!" ROFLOL!

Anyway, I then found out it was my batteries that were bugging my camera. So, at the local camping store I bought a new set for 5 bucks, and took the following pics...

It is number 23 ever built, and I believe it's the first of 3 being deliverd in The Netherlands)

Oh, btw, the Owner is Michel Perridon, CEO of Trust (www.trust.nl), a computer accesoires brand, he's also sponsoring Jordan and Jos Verstappen in the Formule 1 scene.

Thanks for reading this enormous story

The owner (guy with the cap)

And the rest of the pics at: www.p944.net/cgt

TonD
Old 06-14-2004, 02:31 PM
TonD
Racer

Oh, there's one funny thing I forgot to add
When we were back at the hospital in Rotterdam, one of the "crew-guys" was talking to a dad of one of those kids.

He asked him if he had seen the CGT. He had. Then, he asked, "how much do you think a car like that would cost?"

"hmm.." he said...."..probably a bit more then I'd expect"

(boy was he right at that point!!)

"let's say €185.000?"

hehe....he couldn't understand it when we told him it was more like €650.000 hehehe....185k buys you a "mere" 996 TT over here...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its raining in the first picture, and the top is off.... someone call the police and have the crazy fat man in the orange sweater arrested.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CGT spotted in The Netherlands :)

Originally posted by TonD
...Oh, btw, the Owner is Michel Perridon, CEO of Trust (www.trust.nl), a computer accesoires brand, he's also sponsoring Jordan and Jos Verstappen in the Formule 1 scene...

TonD
Thank you for the pics and great story! One thing I'd like to point out to you is that Jos is no longer in F1.

Greg A
Old 06-15-2004, 08:31 PM
TonD
Racer

Default Re: Re: CGT spotted in The Netherlands :)

Originally posted by Greg A
Thank you for the pics and great story! One thing I'd like to point out to you is that Jos is no longer in F1.

Greg A
Thanks for telling me, but (of course) I already knew that. Nevertheless Trust still is/will be sponsering him, if only he can fit his big butt in a seat once more. I believe Michel (Perridon) and Jos have some sort of love-hate relationship
Old 06-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Swedeboy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting Ton!
Old 06-26-2004, 10:27 PM
RobNL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And to show that this car isn't just a garage queen:

Video (19 Mb)
Old 06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
TonD
Racer

Originally posted by RobNL
And to show that this car isn't just a garage queen:

Video (19 Mb)
I was just about to post that link

Quick Reply: CGT spotted in The Netherlands :)