Sponsored by:

Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:02 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Jas you are mature beyond your years. I will be happy to look you up for a beer. I myself am half hispanic, came from a poor nieghborhood or "hood"
joined the military went to college and the rest is history Check this out
growing up- I am half swiss too- a beanerschnitzel- the white boys made fun of me (this is in Texas) for bieng Mexican and the Mexicans made fun of me for being white! No win situation there!
So you bought your cab before talking to us. Thats a big no no!!
but you know now!! there is some rich blonde somewhere looking for the exact car you have now! Then you can get that GT3! I live in the desert too. and we only have like 3 days in the fall before its too cold and 3 days of spring before its too hot to use a cab. There is a 'brutha' here in town who has a 89 speedster though
he is an optomologist type- a surgeon. Nice car though. We'll get together for that beer. Thanks Jas!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OldGuy
Check this out
growing up- I am half swiss too- a beanerschnitzel- the white boys made fun of me (this is in Texas) for bieng Mexican and the Mexicans made fun of me for being white!

Dude, that may be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. And I can laugh because YOU said it. :-) I don't think I have ever really found a label funny before, but that is hilarious. I've never really understood all the tension over race and why it is so taboo anyway. Thanks for giving me a laugh.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Scott no prob. I gave that one to myself. There are not a whole
lot of Swiss Mexicans running around. So I had to come up with something that best described my heritage!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Originally posted by Porsh-uh
Dude, that may be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. And I can laugh because YOU said it. :-) I don't think I have ever really found a label funny before, but that is hilarious. I've never really understood all the tension over race and why it is so taboo anyway. Thanks for giving me a laugh.

yup

i agree...waaaaayyyy too much racial tension and the topic is way way way too taboo...possible solutions:

1)every one try not to take yourself too seriously....what some count as offensive is often said not b/c of hate but b/c of a lack of knowledge

2)check yourself....whatever race you are...the brutha/mexican/swiss-mexican can have dinner at your house...but...can he date your sister/mom/cousin/aunt?

3)keep the dialog open...here and everywhere always!! there is more that ties us then divides us

ps oldguy...you are not too bad...for a republican ...beers on me
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by jbdmd
yup

2)check yourself....whatever race you are...the brutha/mexican/swiss-mexican can have dinner at your house...but...can he date your sister/mom/cousin/aunt?

Sure, as long as he doesn't sell his soul to the Democrats. :-)

Quick Reply: Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT