Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, like a picture of the car in front of the garage with a picture of the owner holding his/her drivers license and copy of title paperwork for proof :>)
Old 05-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt H wrote -

"like a picture of the car in front of the garage with a picture of the owner holding his/her drivers license and copy of title paperwork for proof :> )"

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Don't believe ANYBODY who says they have a CGT - until they comply with the above. :-)

Call me skeptical.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Its okay Howard, we have envy, however I have yet to see any pics of anyone with "their" CGT. FWIW, I know the "owner" of the one in Ft Worth and a friend of a friend is the manager at the dealership selling it.

Add me to the skeptics list.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:50 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, you guys think anyone grinning ear to ear from driving their cgt gives a crap if some guys on an internet message board think they're full o schit?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I sure would'nt care, and I did'nt say anyone was full of s--t either.

However, this message board is by and for owner / enthusiasts of all things Porsche.

Whether somone posts pictures of their CGT is completely up to them - I really could care less.

Not to share ones CGT ownership experience (including pictures) with the group seems rather rude and / or selfish (IMO).

This sort of person probably just does'nt get it - or - doesn't have it.

best wishes
Old 06-01-2004, 11:05 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"Not to share ones CGT ownership experience (including pictures) with the group seems rather rude and / or selfish (IMO).

This sort of person probably just does'nt get it - or - doesn't have it."

i've extended offers on several of the p-car message boards to give rides to all when mine comes. further, i've told my wife i'm going to try and get the car to as many p-car club get togethers as possible to share it with other enthusiasts. that said, i wouldn't be surprised at all if i don't rush out to take pictures of it. afterall, most of em look just like it anyway - gt silver/ascot.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Well said Ben. The enjoyment of a car like the CGT is in driving it, not taking pictures of it.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:09 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Steve in FL
Well said Ben. The enjoyment of a car like the CGT is in driving it, not taking pictures of it.
Same goes for a GT3, but you still have posted (in your sig) several beautiful pictures of that.

I'm not calling him a liar, I could care less whether someone has a CGT or not, I never will. I would just love to see the little details of that beautiful machine and maybe have a screensaver or desktop or 2 of a CGT.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

If and when ANYBODY posts pictures of their CGT in the driveway or at the track, I will be happy to see them and be extremely happy for the owner.

Best wishes
Old 06-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Ugggh - all we did was ask for a picture, simple as that. Yes, we have ALL seen the mag. shots. Then again, I have seen loads of boob pictures but there is nothing quite like seeing "real" pictures (though I prefer real boobies to real pictures of boobies :>))

And Howard is right, I would be estatic for any RLer who got one. Makes for great conversation when my office buddies have the mags floating around. They say, have you seen this. I say, yeah some of my list buddies have one.

Last edited by Matt H; 06-02-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:29 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"I would just love to see the little details of that beautiful machine"

been amassing quite a stash of detail oriented pictures here:

http://www.986host.com/gallery/benkea?&page=1
Old 06-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by OriginalSterm
Same goes for a GT3, but you still have posted (in your sig) several beautiful pictures of that.
Actually I haven't taken a single picture of my GT3 since delivery. The picture in my sig I bought from a photographer at Sebring that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

As for pics of the CGT, there's no shortage of them on the web. Besides the link Ben provided doing a Google image search turns up a bunch and there's even a gallery here on Rennlist: http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/carreragt

Last edited by Steve in FL; 06-01-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve -

Its not A picture of a CGT that matters.

Its THE picture, of a fellow rennlisters CGT, with a huge smile on and a beer in hand, parked in the driveway or garage of a house equally impressive - good on ya! - congratulations! - Woo Hoo! - you da man!

Is this such an unreasonable thing to ask for / look forward to seeing?
Old 06-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Howard, you said that so much better than I did.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

I think you guys are full of ****....! MaTT I agree with everything you have said...If some of these people say, why would some of these carrera Gt owners not post pics simply because they just would rather spend time driving the car then taking pic's. Then what the hell are you doing on Rennlist..? You have time to drive your Carrera GT, and post on Rennlist, but no time for pic's.....I smell bull****....

If I just bought a new Carrera Gt, the first freakin thing I would do is go show it off, on rennlist and everywhere....**** if I get a new freakin 100$ part for my 944 I let my fellow Rennlisters know about it, part of the reason I joined Rennlist, to share mods, pics, wisdom, and to vent on posts like this one.....!

You guys are kidding right, making a point about posting pics of a carrera GT and why the owners have not..? Just post the pics of your Carrera GT or shut your trap....and stay out of it....!

My 02 cents...

Cmon somebody please show me their Carrera GT....!

DAmian

Quick Reply: Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT