Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cigarette lighter popped out

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok, so rather than mess something up, id rather ask a few questions here about wiring in my Ctek to the engine compartment .

Here I wired in the positive contact by unscrewing the bolt that was already there, attaching the positive and then re-tightening

the bolt.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Now on the negative port, it was said on the thread that where the negative connects its empty? Mine has 3 cables running to it. One on each side of the center cable, so there doesnt seem to be an empty port. Additionally where I would mount the negative wire, I cannot get my socket to fit in-between the center wire and the nut ( yes Im using a skinny socket). If this is indeed where I should be connecting the negative, can I just get another 10mm nut and simply attach it that way? Id rather ask these questions and look like an idiot then screw up my electrical system and be a total idiot
Old 05-14-2020, 12:43 AM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll take a look at mine tomorrow. I don't see why adding another nut would hurt anything. I have a set of Metrinches that are thin walled. You might have to sacrifice a socket by grinding one down and adding it to your "special tools" collection.
The following users liked this post:
Allan-BilletDesign (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 11:45 AM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Now on the negative port, it was said on the thread that where the negative connects its empty? Mine has 3 cables running to it. One on each side of the center cable, so there doesnt seem to be an empty port. Additionally where I would mount the negative wire, I cannot get my socket to fit in-between the center wire and the nut ( yes Im using a skinny socket). If this is indeed where I should be connecting the negative, can I just get another 10mm nut and simply attach it that way? Id rather ask these questions and look like an idiot then screw up my electrical system and be a total idiot

You can add another 10mm nut without issue. It's one of the ways I will do it myself.

(203)257-0987

Info@RepasiMotorwerks.com

www.RepasiMotorwerks.com
The following users liked this post:
Allan-BilletDesign (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimmyrepasi
You can add another 10mm nut without issue. It's one of the ways I will do it myself.
Thank you! One last question. I noticed people run the charger through the vent in the decklid. Any reason why you cant just connect with the decklid popped open?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:35 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I run mine down and out through the spokes in the wheel as to not scratch the paint.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:57 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smokeygt
I run mine down and out through the spokes in the wheel as to not scratch the paint.
Ah ok. I will take a look. My car has full clear bra, and was simply going to use a towel as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 AM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Thank you! One last question. I noticed people run the charger through the vent in the decklid. Any reason why you cant just connect with the decklid popped open?
The front and rear lids run on the same circuit to the cluster and other modules, so with the rear lid open the front trunk light will illuminate (even though you can't see it). You can open the rear lid and trip the lock with a screw driver if that's the way you prefer to have it hooked up
The following 2 users liked this post by jimmyrepasi:
AdamSanta85 (05-26-2020), smokeygt (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:12 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Got the charger installed and working! Thanks for everyone's help.

Quick Reply: Cigarette lighter popped out