Sponsored by:

OT: Singer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 08:39 AM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The waitlist before they start building your car you mean? Or total time in? Id say you're looking at closer to 4 years if you were to put a deposit on a Turbo now...maybe a little longer as they have quite a long list of deposits. Classic is fully subscribed anyways so thats a moot point.
yes before they start building it, thanks! Four years goes by fast enough…
Old 07-24-2023, 12:37 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
I think longer than 4.
two arrived MO both longer than 4 year hahah but worth the wait for my friends...
I would have loaded my RPG and took singer out if it took that long....
Old manufacture facilities in Sun Valley vs the new one in Torrence is a TOTALLY different deal. They've lopped off about a year worth of production time once production has started vs before. Granted the line is growing longer so may as well say 5 and be happy for 4 should that be the case.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:38 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maomao911
yes before they start building it, thanks! Four years goes by fast enough…
Long story short, its worth it no matter how long it takes...
Old 07-24-2023, 12:39 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

I don't think the chassis on CGT is well developed.
the oem shocks is too stiff for most CA roads.
you count e off the pavement and lose traction. it's not in the turns. it's when going straight, that's why some find the car hard to drive.
I have not driven KW but ohlin is A MUST.
I have had a lot of shocks on race cars on street car on MTB blah blah so not new to me
most are incremental.
once I got ohlin on, the car is DIFFERENT. I have zero fear .... I rarely recommend anything ... but I was pretty amazed wiht ohlin on CGT
so muh so after it was done I put 2000 miles on in 4 weeks.
Ohlins is always worth it lol.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:03 PM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 94 Posts

I don't think the chassis on CGT is well developed.
the oem shocks is too stiff for most CA roads.
you count e off the pavement and lose traction. it's not in the turns. it's when going straight, that's why some find the car hard to drive.
I have not driven KW but ohlin is A MUST.
I have had a lot of shocks on race cars on street car on MTB blah blah so not new to me
most are incremental.
once I got ohlin on, the car is DIFFERENT. I have zero fear .... I rarely recommend anything ... but I was pretty amazed wiht ohlin on CGT
so muh so after it was done I put 2000 miles on in 4 weeks.
All the aftermarket kits, Ohlin, KW, Intrax run lower spring rates than OEM. I've been really impressed with the KW's, I wanted front and rear axle lift so that ruled out TTX, and also I run the car lower now. Primary and secondary ride are much improved, it gives way more confidence to drive the car harder and faster an removes that nervous feeling from the rear you used to get on undulating high speed roads. That and Cup 2 tyres make it a revelation, bang up to date, now parked in the garage.

Last edited by RS Clubsport; 07-24-2023 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:21 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

I’m on the kw’s as well and went with them for the 4 corner lift as well. I didn’t want to ride in ohlins in case they made me sad because I really wanted the use-ability of 4x4 height and unlike most of the 3/3rs, I use the lift on CGT every time I get it out. So that was a must have for me. They are light years more confidence inspiring than oem; maybe ohlins even more so; idk? I don’t wanna know !

sorry we hijacked the singer thread to talk about cgt suspension options.
Old 07-24-2023, 10:39 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
All the aftermarket kits, Ohlin, KW, Intrax run lower spring rates than OEM. I've been really impressed with the KW's, I wanted front and rear axle lift so that ruled out TTX, and also I run the car lower now. Primary and secondary ride are much improved, it gives way more confidence to drive the car harder and faster an removes that nervous feeling from the rear you used to get on undulating high speed roads. That and Cup 2 tyres make it a revelation, bang up to date, now parked in the garage.
how much lower are those aftermarket damper kits? The car is already so low that it’s easily scraping the front bottom lip…
Old 07-25-2023, 06:39 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by maomao911
how much lower are those aftermarket damper kits? The car is already so low that it’s easily scraping the front bottom lip…
I'd say 8-10mm mine is lower, again you don't have to run lower you can adjust the RH on the spring perch.

The KW axle lift operates up to 50mph which is really useful.

And apologies for the diversion from Singer!
Old 07-26-2023, 04:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

mao

kw is very nice as well.
I have not driven intrax
I run my olin same ht as oem
the KEY to all three set up is LOWER spring rate. it's not the ride ht that makes it, it's the soft rate.
this is often misunderstood. ppl think stiff is good. not it is not.
if you race motor cycle, MTB you would feel the shocks more than cars shocks.
the goal is suspension is always run the softest rate. you can get away with.

with regard to front lip. I scrape it every where. you know like old school curb feelers.
ti is very stiff. I hit everything and it not broken, just scratched up. and that is saying a lot. very few things I cannot break.

if you are worried about scraping get KW. and also the snapping is the front pan (CF) very $$$ and it will scrape when car flies off pavement and land again. if you haven't done that, you aren ot going quick enough on skyline ;-)
and on pesky road near PCH, the rear diffuser will hit if you go fast. neither of which can be avoided no matter which shock. unless you drive really slow. and both above roads are the best near your home.

Quick Reply: OT: Singer Experience