Help... Hunting for a CGT in the UK/Europe - Good Price and What to look out for - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Reload this Page > Help... Hunting for a CGT in the UK/Europe - Good Price and What to look out for
Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960

Help... Hunting for a CGT in the UK/Europe - Good Price and What to look out for

Old 02-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
nouvalari and whoopsy, i dont have 918 and am trying to find a CGT.
but reading your banters, gentlemanly banter, is very entertaining.
no mud slinging like the GT3 board.
keep it up, i am learning big time
He and I may have different values/views on stuff, that's it, nothing major but we do share the love of Porsches. What's in his garage are some of the cars I loved too, I think same can be said of him.

There is no need to get nasty over something trivial, that he is not gonna lose sleep over nor I.

But one thing he and I will agreed on, you really should get a CGT!
Old 02-15-2018, 04:23 PM
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
Me too - which is why I enjoy reading posting interacting and truly would love to learn about the 918 (whoopsy) from owners.

Bottom line we are all nuts - there is no doubt about that but if we don't tell anyone other than like nuts it makes us sane.

This is a 1% forum perhaps less - it does not get much better than this experience without getting the typical "rich guys and their toys" when I grew up the guys who had cool cars were g-ds respected and would talk about their cars while fiddling with them. Fact is today's cars are untouchable all one has to do is open up the engine trunk on a RS - when I did it was depressing. Mclaren same thing on the 720 which helps me justify picking up every NA beast I can get my greedy hands on

I just sent mine up to the dealer new tires tire sensors oil battery just under 5k.

Bottom line anyone who has the means - get one!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
A change of pace from our favorite board isn't it...

Personalities aside, I think you'll totally love this car. I didn't get it before. "It's got no racing heritage... not a flat 6... made too many of em... blah blah..."

Drove it and I'm eating my shoe. Completely silenced.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:52 PM
Ervin Wu
User

Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
There are just some people who are more private than other private people.

They still want to share, but not to the at times hostile crowd of Rennlist. You have been here for a long time, I am sure you have noticed the degradation of quality on this board. Not to mention the uncalled for hostility toward 918 VIPs. The anger should have been directed at the dealers, not the VIPs. Not our fault that VIP get offered rare cars and not our fault that we can all afford to buy them all. But it is the fault of the dealers to try and make up those 'lost' profits aka ADM from other cars they received.

People just get sick of that and leave that's all. Some of them still frequent the board, they just don't post like I do.
Are all 918 owners in the fb group? If one buys a used 918, can they join the fb group?
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu View Post
Are all 918 owners in the fb group? If one buys a used 918, can they join the fb group?
Not ALL the 918 owners are in the group. But yes the only requirement to join is to have a 918, new or used.