Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Do we know if MR12 is on Renn ?
obviously they have a modification to do to the harness …….thanks to @Santirx
Old 07-06-2022, 10:35 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 89 Posts

Today, I received the update file to replace the "Mr12Volt" logo at boot up. I chose to replace with a OEM Macan S logo. It now looks OEM...

​​​​​​​

The procedure for installation, once you receive the file, replace the bootlogo file by the logo of interest in 800x480 resolution. It needs to be *.jpg. Then remove the *.jpg extension and save the raw file, along with the update file, into a USB drive (32GB or less formatted in DOS FAT16 or FAT32). Plug in the USB into system USB port, turn car on, and wait until update is complete.

Last edited by Santirx; 07-06-2022 at 11:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ElCid86 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 08:28 AM
Subzero
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for your contribution, it encouraged me to import this device into Switzerland ;-)

I installed it in my 991 GTS Cabriolet yesterday and wanted to use the microphone hack right away.
Unfortunately, this didn't work, Siri hears something but doesn't react to the voice! I can make phone calls!

I checked and measured all cables and also used a second cable, unfortunately no success.
I then installed the supplied microphone and installed it invisibly. so Siri works perfectly.

would be interesting to know what it is.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:27 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by Subzero
Many thanks for your contribution, it encouraged me to import this device into Switzerland ;-)

I installed it in my 991 GTS Cabriolet yesterday and wanted to use the microphone hack right away.
Unfortunately, this didn't work, Siri hears something but doesn't react to the voice! I can make phone calls!

I checked and measured all cables and also used a second cable, unfortunately no success.
I then installed the supplied microphone and installed it invisibly. so Siri works perfectly.

would be interesting to know what it is.
Thanks for sharing. Did you connect cable ground to the quad connector mic shield? Thinking it kay be a ground issue provided you install other wires appropriately. Also, technically you could also connect cable left channel to mic1+ and leave mic1- disconnected as the factory mic is monoaural. That could’ve been another thing to try.

also, you need to connect the 3.5mm connector to the blue box. Assuming you did that and it was properly seated. The other thing I can think off is the cable itself was defective or the connections you made were defective. Did you check continuity of all connections, especially after connecting the 3.5mm plug cable wires?
Old 07-16-2022, 02:14 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael911K
no response so far… Isudar was much quicker and helpfull. Wonder why they dont have a manual either. They seem to rely on you!😉
They respond quick if you use their WhatsApp address, rather than email.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:33 PM
Subzero
AutoX

Originally Posted by Santirx
Thanks for sharing. Did you connect cable ground to the quad connector mic shield? Thinking it kay be a ground issue provided you install other wires appropriately. Also, technically you could also connect cable left channel to mic1+ and leave mic1- disconnected as the factory mic is monoaural. That could’ve been another thing to try.

also, you need to connect the 3.5mm connector to the blue box. Assuming you did that and it was properly seated. The other thing I can think off is the cable itself was defective or the connections you made were defective. Did you check continuity of all connections, especially after connecting the 3.5mm plug cable wires?
I wired everything correctly and also tried a second cable and also swapped + and - unfortunately without success!
Unfortunately I can't reach anyone at Mr12Volt at the moment, not even via Whatsapp, I don't get an answer :-( It's a shame, the support leaves a lot to be desired.

I would also like to change the logo, do you have the file from Mr. 12Volt?
Since I don't get an answer, of course I don't have a file either... can you possibly send it to me?

Best regards Eric
Old 08-13-2022, 10:32 AM
TheStrategist
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audio popping

Hello I just got the mr12volt for pcm 31 installed by a professional installer this week and I have to say I’m disappointed with the audio quality. Every 60 seconds there’s a random popping sound from a random speaker and it does this whether or not the phone is connected so I deduce that it’s a flaw in the product or the installation. Let me know if there’s anything I can try in the settings to try and resolve this please.

thanks
Old 08-13-2022, 10:51 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by TheStrategist
Hello I just got the mr12volt for pcm 31 installed by a professional installer this week and I have to say I’m disappointed with the audio quality. Every 60 seconds there’s a random popping sound from a random speaker and it does this whether or not the phone is connected so I deduce that it’s a flaw in the product or the installation. Let me know if there’s anything I can try in the settings to try and resolve this please.

thanks
Some folks are reporting these popping noises. In my case, after a two week vacation where I didn’t use the car, when I came back started hearing the popping noise as well. It wasn’t happening before for me. I’m contacting Mr12volt about this. I suggest you do the same. I’m surmising it may be an issue with the blue box. This doesn’t seem to be a random issue.

Given my new situation, I’m about to do another video explaining the situation to see if we can force their hand into fixing this problem, and if hardware, provide an exchange.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:44 AM
Santirx
Racer

I contacted Mr12volt via WhatsApp and here is their response…. I encourage all having issues to do the same…

Last edited by Santirx; 08-13-2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:52 PM
hndr
2nd Gear

Thanks for sharing these details folks. I too was inspired by your install and ordered in a box for 991.1 C4S with Bose audio. I've been installing it this week and haven't gotten it fully successfully working past a few issues yet. The folks over at mr12volt are responsive over WhatsApp but I haven't had a chance to resolve the issue and get the box working yet. I am waiting to hear back from them on the last bump that's come up. Here's a list of things I ran into captured here so others can be better prepared during their install.

1. The radio has the XM radio board installed from the factory. The Mr12Volt package doesn't come with M2.5 20mm brass standoffs so as part of the initial test install I decided to remove the XM radio board while I waited for standoff's I ordered to arrive. This resulted in loss of FM audio, it was weird where I would see RDS data but no audio. I checked to see if it was MOST connection issue and ruled it out as BT AUX and CarPlay audio and all were working fine
2. Once the standoff's had arrived I installed the XM board back the FM audio was back, I however had to admit that I ran out of time that evening to try and do a test where I tried the PCM without the Mr12Volt and XM boards installed to see if that brought the FM audio back.
3. With all the boards installed I was able to test that all the radio and CarPlay functions were working. I put the trim back together. Then after a few minutes when I started the car to use it. I see my phone connecting to CarPlay but the MR12volt boot screen doesn't show up anymore and it just goes into the TV source and it shows the P2000 as a channel and I can hear audio from my phone come via the CarPlay connection and I can even invoke Siri via the box. It's just that I see no UI from the MR12Volt box. I tried doing a car handoff reset on the PCM, pushing the reset pin button on the blue box and unpairing the 12volt and PCM BT from my phone but to no avail.

I have shared the above steps with the MR12volt folks on WhatsApp as well and will post back when I hear back from them.

A couple of unrelated issues that I am yet to solve but would love to get some pointers on.
1. Our car has power steering with comfort entry, so there isn't enough room under the steering column to fit the blue box, So for now I have it dangling out on the passenger side. So if anyone has a suggestion on a good spot to stash it. I would greatly appreciate it.
2. Mr12Volt boot screen update. They were able to setup with the flash instructions and file but however I am having a hard time finding a factory graphic that I can use for the flash. I tried searching on rennlist and google but no luck. Any suggestions on where I can find a C4S graphic?

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:28 PM
TheStrategist
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I contacted Mr12volt and had a similar experience as Santirix. Mr12volt told me they are working on a resolution and hope to have it ready by early September.
The following users liked this post:
Santirx (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 03:36 PM
GT4Kevin
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Seems like I will be waiting to do this until their issues are resolved. Audio quality is very important to me and I did had the Isudar in my GT4 and that sounded like crap, then again that car has horrible speakers!
Old 08-17-2022, 03:00 AM
hndr
2nd Gear

Wanted to share a quick update folks.

With the help of the folks over at Mr12Volt(via WhatsApp) I was able to diagnose the issue to the LVDS connector(picture attached) coming loose. This happened even with the cable tie. I reattached it and secured it with a few additional securing points. I still haven't encountered the popping sound issue on my end yet. But I've just had it running for half a day now so will keep an eye out for it.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:39 PM
Santirx
Racer

Currently testing a beta version of the latest MCU firmware upgrade that mr12volt says addresses the speaker popping issue. So far so good. More information later on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Santirx:
bradnic (08-22-2022), TheStrategist (08-18-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 12:32 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PCM 3.1 W/ XM do I need longer bolts?

Great info on this thread, thanks all. I’ve got a 2014 Cayenne Diesel PCM 3.1 W XM. Will the MR 12 Volt unit require longer bolts due to XM?

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt CarPlay/AA system for PCM3.1