Macan 2014-Current

last minute any advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:24 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

The fire extinguisher is the only non-0-dollar Porsche option that is objectively worth the cost (i.e. option price is less than it costs to buy a 3rd-party bracket and FE plus install time/labor). I would get it on that basis no matter what

Also: Because Race Car. LOL.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:22 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BradB
Porsche sports cars offer an extinguisher as an option, it's mainly oriented towards cars that are used on the track. So it's available for all cars. Porsche never turns down a chance to earn a buck.
Good point--they're better at offering ways to customize a car than any other manufacturer I've been involved with.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:31 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by worf928
The fire extinguisher is the only non-0-dollar Porsche option that is objectively worth the cost (i.e. option price is less than it costs to buy a 3rd-party bracket and FE plus install time/labor). I would get it on that basis no matter what

Also: Because Race Car. LOL.
Good point. Math never lies.....
Old 08-28-2017, 09:09 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
Anthony, nice spec and I'm pleased you took a liking to the 18-ways.

I notice no mention of 20" Spyder Wheels?

And you're going with the default stereo?
We did go with the 18 way seats. They are so supportive and make for a better ride. I like the ability to get in and out easier with the 14 way but then they don't have much support while driving. We also had them heated and ventilated which is something I have grown to like a lot in my F-150. The bigger problem with the ones on my CGTS was they were the stock 8 way adjustable so the side bolsters were always set to the high setting and the alcantara inserts made it very hard to move around in. The leather is much easier.

We went with the stock 20" RS spyder wheels in black. We like the black wheels for now. I know they can be a PITA to keep clean I have Fikse FM-10's on my C2 and they are far worse along with the Carrera S wheels in black on my BGTS.

The premium plus package includes the Bose system, Panoramic roof, Porsche entry and drive and seat heating front and rear. I have read and am aware of the quality of the bose system. I plan to do the dynaudio tweeter upgrade as we get closer but want to verify it needs it before i spend for them.

Quite excited. I have owned many Porsche's but this is my first build to order Porsche.

Thanks for everyones input. Nothing like a last minute education from fellow rennlisters to make sure we got exactly what we wanted.

PS; The fire extinguisher is always a good thing to have. I have one in most all my cars and trucks. One of those things you hope you never need to use but at $140 with bracket etc it is far less than buying a bracket from Bob at stable or installing the factory unit afterwards which I was told is $500 or more.

So now we will have two Rhodium silver cars. Ironically my wife the color natzi was adamant about no red, black, silver and white when we purchased the air cooled's and 928. Since then we have owned a black CGTS. Now two silver ones. We almost purchased a white BGTS before finding the silver one and the day we were ordering the macan the guy who snagged the white one from underneath us was trading it in almost 18 months later with only 800 additional miles on it. Could have been white and silver but we really like the silver.
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2017, 09:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

So just got word my Macan is on the boat just a few weeks now.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 AM
j997tt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. You will like the GTS. I just picked mine up optioned similarly to yours. It really is a fun vehicle to drive. Good call on PTV+. Enjoy it.

Quick Reply: last minute any advice.