Macan 2014-Current

Lease? Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:49 AM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lease? Purchase?

My son is looking for a Macan. What is the average percent off of a Macan 4cyl.

What is the best lease on the same vehicle?
3 yr. 10k per year.
First month and inceptions
Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Porsche's lease rates are notoriously unfriendly, so if he's interested in keeping one long term, he may want to consider buying. I'm seeing discussion of discounts of 5% - 8% on new vehicles on (ahem) the Macan Forum's "List Your Discount" thread.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Bunty Brown
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was just at my local dealer today test driving a Macan GTS. We did a build that came out to about $81k. Not ready to pull the trigger,so didn’t do any haggling or anything, he just suggested running the numbers on a lease with 15k/year versus purchasing. His sale price was $77. Monthly lease payment with $5k down (I would only pay fees and taxes, nothing towards cap cost, but did this just to see) was about $1150ish. 72 month finance with same $5k down came out to about $1250ish/month. I would negotiate sale price down just a little if I could, and maybe do 60months finance versus 72, but these are some numbers to get started fwiw. I don’t have monthly residuals or MF available off hand.

It may not pertain as much to the 4cylinder Macan, but something to consider is the theory that the GTS would likely hold more value over time, and may be more worth purchasing (cash or finance).

Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 AM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Leasing a Macan just doesn't make much sense unless you can write it off for business (and then it can be an attractive option vs. the depreciation limitations for business use, but there are still several variables to consider like business usage % etc). The money factor is generally just too high with Porsche leases.

The Macan holds its resale value, so you are better off to just finance it over 60 or 72 months if you are trying to keep the payment down, and then sell it after three years if you really don't want to keep it long-term.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Bunty Brown
2nd Gear

I agree in general. Personally, if we decide to pull the trigger, we will finance.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
Leasing a Macan just doesn't make much sense unless you can write it off for business (and then it can be an attractive option vs. the depreciation limitations for business use, but there are still several variables to consider like business usage % etc). The money factor is generally just too high with Porsche leases.

The Macan holds its resale value, so you are better off to just finance it over 60 or 72 months if you are trying to keep the payment down, and then sell it after three years if you really don't want to keep it long-term.

Agreed; if you can write it off then it makes since otherwise better to buy. I did a GT3 lease for two years, but I have my own business so I could write off most of the monthly payments. Then purchased it at the end of two years and only paid sales tax on what I paid.... Porsche lease had value deprecated about 50K below what I could have sold it for.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:11 PM
robert090
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NNN Investment
My son is looking for a Macan. What is the average percent off of a Macan 4cyl.

What is the best lease on the same vehicle?
3 yr. 10k per year.
First month and inceptions
Consider looking here at Macan lease deal offer, https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...he&model=macan. I think it will be a great offer next year. What do you think?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by macanakey
Porsche's lease rates are notoriously unfriendly, so if he's interested in keeping one long term, he may want to consider buying. I'm seeing discussion of discounts of 5% - 8% on new vehicles on (ahem) the Macan Forum's "List Your Discount" thread.
Agreed. I leased our 991tt and almost "had" to buy it at the end of the term because the residual was so much under market. While that sounds good, it means my lease payments were higher than they needed to be.

When it came to our Macan, we initially signed onto a lease, but decided very soon it would have been better to have purchased it, so we got a loan and ended the lease.

Quick Reply: Lease? Purchase?