Sponsored by:

Seeking GT3 Cup car for Veterans charity

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking GT3 Cup car for Veterans charity

Race Cars for a Cause is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization based in the northeast, with a focus on getting Veterans involved in motorsports. Our mission is to provide weekend retreats and track day events for Veterans. We are looking for a GT3 Cup as our demonstration car for hot laps at the tracks we visit. Any individuals, teams, or organizations that donate to us receive a maximum tax deduction, but more importantly, you give the chance for Veterans to experience something unique and fun. Find us online at www.cars4acause.co or on Facebook at Race Cars for a Cause. Thank you in advance, and best of luck to all Porsche teams and enthusiasts in 2016.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Come down to Florida and we will have more Cupcars at an event than you can imagine.....
Old 12-09-2015, 08:22 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Like Bob said bring those heros down to Florida, already have second seat in my car and would be my honor to have any of them ride with me.
Rich
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

Way it looked to me they were looking for you to give them your car as a donation
Old 12-09-2015, 10:32 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Steve113 I did not read it that way but you may be correct some clarification from organization would be great and posted here.
Rich
Old 12-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

Rich - "Any individuals, teams, or organizations that donate to us receive a maximum tax deduction"

I have had a lot of returning Veterans in my cars on track over the years an never thought about declaring my time or consumables for a tax deduction. I just assumed when they mention tax deduction it was for donating a car. Maybe I am totally wrong

Jeff- I am in NY and have done this many times. If you need some help I have the perfect car to do it in which is usually more fun then a Cup car for rides. 2016 Viper ACR Extreme worlds fasted production car ever built (on a road course) and faster then my Cup car. Would be happy to help out with drive arounds but not donating it
Old 12-09-2015, 11:08 AM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the posts everyone. Some quick clarification: I started this charity in Feb of 2015, and as a new charity, I was not able to qualify for the various grants that are available to assist Veterans. Everything I've done so far has been out of pocket, and I obviously don't have to tell anyone here how expensive racing can get. So, I am looking for anyone that would take the Veterans out in their own Cup car as a ride-along experience. Additionally, I am seeking a Cup car that could be donated to the cause. I am aware that this is a colossal request, and probably near impossible, but it is worth putting the word out in case anyone, or any team, finds themselves in a position to do so. A formal letter was sent to Porsche N.A. with the hope of getting the Porsche marque on-board with this charity (no response yet).

I am a massive Porsche fan, and I truly believe that no other car epitomizes what a race car should be. Anyone can take Veterans out in an everyday street car on a road course, and that's fine. However, I strongly believe our Veterans deserve an authentic experience in a true race car, and nothing less. Our website has more detailed info, bios, etc., if anyone should have further questions. www.cars4acause.co
Thank you
Old 12-09-2015, 11:16 AM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve113
Rich - "Any individuals, teams, or organizations that donate to us receive a maximum tax deduction"

I have had a lot of returning Veterans in my cars on track over the years an never thought about declaring my time or consumables for a tax deduction. I just assumed when they mention tax deduction it was for donating a car. Maybe I am totally wrong

Jeff- I am in NY and have done this many times. If you need some help I have the perfect car to do it in which is usually more fun then a Cup car for rides. 2016 Viper ACR Extreme worlds fasted production car ever built (on a road course) and faster then my Cup car. Would be happy to help out with drive arounds but not donating it

Hello - you can write off anything that is non-monetary if you are working with a 501(c)(3) organization. The HPDE track day company that is working with me is able to write off the rides that he provides to Veterans. We just simply put a value on the track day (based on track fees, wear/tear on the car, equipment, food, etc.) and you receive an "in-kind" donation letter from us.

Thank you for the offer, we are close enough that I may take you up on this! We just work in the New England states (Lime Rock, Palmer, and Thompson race tracks), but could easily branch out to NY. A Viper would be incredible as a ride. I don't blame you for not donating it
Old 12-09-2015, 03:49 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

Many 997 cups are selling for pennies on the dollar... donating one and writing off the actual value may net you more than selling it!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why a Cup car, how bout "any" safe race car? may have better luck
Old 12-09-2015, 05:55 PM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Many 997 cups are selling for pennies on the dollar... donating one and writing off the actual value may net you more than selling it!

Very valid point Mike. The idea of donating a car is fairly terrifying to most, and completely understandable. But like you said, so many 997's are going at low cost, and thousands of dollars less then what most have spent on them. If you have the receipts for the work that has been done, there is no reason you can't recoup the cost AND possibly save enough to purchase or build another car.

Last edited by jeffGT3; 12-09-2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:04 PM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
why a Cup car, how bout "any" safe race car? may have better luck
Another great point. Any safe race car is perfect for the cause, absolutely. I just personally love the sound and look of the Cup cars. I also feel the Cup cars allow for a little more room inside than some other race vehicles (Gallardos, R8 LMS's, some BMW's, etc., can be a little tight on entry/exit). Just trying to make it a little easier for disabled Veterans to get in/out of the vehicle.

Beggars can't be choosers...I know.

Last edited by jeffGT3; 12-10-2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm available for multicar rides or a multicar event in Dfw area.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:38 AM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
I'm available for multicar rides or a multicar event in Dfw area.
Thanks so much! Humbled by the great responses on here. We are just in the New England states for now, but hoping to branch out once we get a few more events under our belts.

Jeff
Old 12-10-2015, 11:47 PM
GWF911
Advanced

Great idea! I'm an old vet, maybe I can get a few more old vets together in Colorado and do the same but no you can't have my cup car

Quick Reply: Seeking GT3 Cup car for Veterans charity