Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

FS 2010 Porsche Cup Car "MINT"

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:14 PM
kiwidave
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 2010 Porsche Cup Car "MINT"

I have for sale a 2010 Porsche cup car that was used in the Asia Carrera Cup Series.

I bought the car with 3400 kms on it and it was delivered to me with 3 hrs on the engine since a top end over haul ( Valves, springs, retainers and tensioners ) and a brand new gearbox ( 0 hrs ) This was not a used box, this was a brand new box installed!

Since then we have put a new tilton clutch, flywheel and release bearing in it.

New rotors and pads all round.

New Throttle blipper installed

New heat exchanger

Complete with wand, wheel socket, motec beacon, fuel drain hose, car cover, and manual.

Price on this car is $125 usd ( Shipping is about $2k to California from here and we are happy to organise this for you )

Many more photos available to be sent and detailed images of all interior and all four corners.. just email me and I can send through.. dave@motorsport-services.com
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Wow! Nice...
Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

OMG that's one sweet Cup car.
How much more to ship to South Florida?
Oh boy I'm really asking for trouble.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Crash history please? PCCA has been a wreck-fest the past couple years...
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
kiwidave
Rennlist Member

No crashes, car is solid as a rock, did 6 races in Porsche Super in Asia, 4th race it got hurt, Porsche Motorsport Asia installed a new chassis and all right hand side suspension, Ran 2 more races in Asia incident free... we have done 3 events here in NZ with it also incident free!

Shipping costs are pretty much the same anywhere on the coast of North America, containers are pretty cheap at the moment so makes these very viable...

This is a really really nice car!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Surfbum
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dave, now I am confused, your email to me and the post above states "no crashes" but you also state that a new chassis and all right hand side suspension was installed.

Was the car re tubed?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 PM
kiwidave
Rennlist Member

The car has no crashes on the brand factory chassis. ( no panel repairs of any kind at all ) Not uncommon for teams to reshell cars and there is a process where Porsche replaces the shells and they come with the correct vin # stamped on them when they see evidence of the existing shell destroyed. WE run a few cars in asia with teams and they reshell the cars as a matter of performance, every 6 events they put a new tub in them hoping to find a 10th of a second!

Here is the blurb that I thought had sent to everyone.
Ok, the 2010 car is mint, no hits, had a brand new chassis installed by Porsche Motorsport Asia and only has a couple of races on it since then.

It had 6 races in total in Supercup Asia, 4 on the original chassis and then it had a crash so had a new tub and did 2 more races after that.

Was all done by Porsche Motorsport Asia so car is just like a brand new one, no compromises as it was one of their cars!

Has only done a few club races here since then, truly a really nice mint, genuine car!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Surfbum
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got it now
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwidave
teams and they reshell the cars as a matter of performance, every 6 events they put a new tub in them hoping to find a 10th of a second!
Wow, that's extreme!!!! I don't think the supercup teams even do that (may not be allowed?).
Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2010 cup is from the Asia cup series. It had a new engine installed and the gearbox updated to the 2011 specs at the end of the season.Then it sat through the 2011 season as a spare car and sold in early 2012 into Canada. That series is not for the weak of wallet!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Where is the car located and what woud be the price to import it to europe?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,802 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by Leigh2
My 2010 cup is from the Asia cup series. It had a new engine installed and the gearbox updated to the 2011 specs at the end of the season.Then it sat through the 2011 season as a spare car and sold in early 2012 into Canada. That series is not for the weak of wallet!
ANY porsche in asia, cup or not, is not for the weak wallet. the import tax will kill most porshce owners statewide and a parking space will cost more than most homes here.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

There's typically no import duties for racecars. It's got more to do with seller expectations--they got ripped off by the dealers who run a virtual monopoly when new, and would expect to pass the same to subsequent buyers at the end of a season. Case in point, local 3.6 996 cups are still a going at $60k, and that's of shoddy Chinese provenance and have had maintenance handled by men in sheds.

With a constant supply of cars in NA and EUR there's little reason to humor the unrealistic asks of local sellers these days. Why else am I hanging around this forum?

As for the OP's cup, i think it's fairly priced for something with a bit of history. Someone pleaser take it off his hands before I make a colossal mistake...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:34 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there ARE import duties on cup cars into the USA
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Ilker@SCB
Banned

Hi guys,
we imported Leigh2's car from Hong Kong from Jebsen Racing. That particular was a gem but some other cars we did research did indeed have a crash history (just look up race results and you fill find out). After contacting PMNA we connected with Porsche Motorsport in charge of Asia who indeed verified some cars being repaired through Porsche and others NOT!
And yes there is a 2.5% import duty on all the Cup cars that come to the States...
I would like to know which team owned the car and the car number? Can "kiwidave" provide that please?
Happy New Year guys - and don't hesitate to contact me regarding this matter

Quick Reply: FS 2010 Porsche Cup Car "MINT"