Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Brumos Special Edition Cup

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mustang and Camaro are great, but if you want to compete for top honors, Porsche still offers a great value. Look at how strong Steve Ott is in a 2009 Cup.

And if anyone ever took a close look at Brandon Davis' Mustang, they would see what was needed to be competitive!
Attached Images    
Old 07-09-2012, 04:43 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mklaskin
The Mustang and Camaro are great, but if you want to compete for top honors, Porsche still offers a great value. Look at how strong Steve Ott is in a 2009 Cup.

And if anyone ever took a close look at Brandon Davis' Mustang, they would see what was needed to be competitive!
that interior looks like the Kia Optimas in GT, i mean GTS.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by spg993tt
that interior looks like the Kia Optimas in GT, i mean GTS.
It's a funny thing. I love World Challenge; great racing, diversity...but these GT cars are so far from stock. Ever seen the SLR that ran a few years ago?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:11 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard that the build cost on Brandon's Mustang was deep into the six figures.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but this is the GT Mustang.

I was refering to the GTS Mustang that Ford sells for 80K. You can build a Porsche 944 SP2 car for 55-60K if you want. So 80k for a factory turnkey car is low...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
Yeah, but this is the GT Mustang.

I was refering to the GTS Mustang that Ford sells for 80K. You can build a Porsche 944 SP2 car for 55-60K if you want. So 80k for a factory turnkey car is low...
Like I said, if you want top honors...

Don't get me wrong, the GTS Mustang looks like a riot to drive. Porsche is focused on WC GT, and compared to the others, the cost of entry is cheap.

Davis' Mustang is easily a mid 6-figure car, as are the Volvos. I would have to assume that the Whelen Corvettes are close to that as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 42 Posts

You mean you didn't know about the option package on the new mustang GTs for inboard rear suspension??
Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Like I said, if you want top honors...

Don't get me wrong, the GTS Mustang looks like a riot to drive. Porsche is focused on WC GT, and compared to the others, the cost of entry is cheap.

Davis' Mustang is easily a mid 6-figure car, as are the Volvos. I would have to assume that the Whelen Corvettes are close to that as well.
Sorry if I'm hi-jacking the thread...

Well, I'm racing for fun and just for the sake of being trackside, even if I'm trying to be as competitive as possible. SP2 is very competitive, but slow. And these cars are old. I'm looking for something newer. Since I've done a few Pro events with WC and Imsa, I prefer them to club races. So I'm trying to have a car that I could club race and do a few Pro races here and there.

MX-5 Cup or WC GTS Mustangs... Maybe I<m in the wrong forum But you guys here have lots of knowledge...

Thanks

c.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Just looked out my office window today to see the (5) 4.0 Brumos Cup cars all lined up and ready for delivery..........very nice indeed.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 AM
lordpantsington
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It is my understanding the RSR has a 8:32 P&R. If it has drop-gear box, what is the default tooth count on the input and idler? What are the available ratios?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

They are still applying the Brumos touch to each of the last four. These photos show one car on the lift getting stripes and interiors and another waiting with the stickered four noses in the shot. One car has been delivered. These shots are from this week.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Drew M
Advanced

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking the thread...

Well, I'm racing for fun and just for the sake of being trackside, even if I'm trying to be as competitive as possible. SP2 is very competitive, but slow. And these cars are old. I'm looking for something newer. Since I've done a few Pro events with WC and Imsa, I prefer them to club races. So I'm trying to have a car that I could club race and do a few Pro races here and there.

MX-5 Cup or WC GTS Mustangs... Maybe I<m in the wrong forum But you guys here have lots of knowledge...

Thanks

c.
I'm late to this party, but I agree with your thought process. Why spend ~300k on a car that'll be competitive in the pro ranks when you're just trying to run a mix of pro/club races? I'd go with the Camaro or the Mustang, or even an MX-5 Cup car.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drew M
I'm late to this party, but I agree with your thought process. Why spend ~300k on a car that'll be competitive in the pro ranks when you're just trying to run a mix of pro/club races? I'd go with the Camaro or the Mustang, or even an MX-5 Cup car.
Even the TA2 Camaros are appealing...
Old 09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Ron Thomas had his at Mid Ohio. Very nice car. Just came in a couple days prior.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Drew M
Advanced

Even the TA2 Camaros are appealing...
That's what I've been looking at too. Who knows what the future holds for TA now that GA and ALMS are merging. I think only good things for Trans-Am. If only I could find the funding...

Quick Reply: Brumos Special Edition Cup