Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo is ready to kick of the season!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Casus Management
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo is ready to kick of the season!

Hey everybody we are getting ready for our season opener at Palm Beach, we hope a lot of you can join us and be a part of our series! Let us know if you have questions.

THE MISSION FOODS GT3 CUP TROPHY USA BY CAR AMIGO PREPARES FOR SEASON OPENER AT PALM BEACH

Dallas, Texas - January 17th, 2012 – With less than a month to go before its 2012 season opener at the Palm Beach International Raceway, the Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo is preparing for another successful season featuring new venues, an expanded field, and another year of exciting side by side exclusive Porsche GT3 Cup races.

The series will hold its first event of the year during the Palm Beach Grand Prix on February 16 – 19 giving current and new teams and drivers the chance to get their racing season started early by taking advantage of the sunny Florida weather. The double-header weekend will kick off a five-event, ten-race championship which will take competitors from Palm Beach, to the historic Mitty at Road Atlanta, followed by a the rolling hills of Road America, coming back to Florida for the bumpy and tricky Sebring circuit, and finishing in the high banks of Daytona.

The Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy is open to all Porsche GT3 Cup cars from 2000 to 2012 and will feature not only exclusive double headers at each of its events, but also trophies, prizes, and various contingency programs which will be announced shortly. Porsche GT3 Cup owners and teams should visit www.gt3cuptrophyusa.com for more information on how to register for the up coming events.

A total of 23 different drivers competed in the four inaugural events of the 2011 Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy series representing a variety of teams from all over the country. The series gave Porsche GT3 Cup owners a new and exciting venue where they can race among each other in an exclusive and competitive way at some of the top racetracks in the United States.

Juan Gonzalez
Owner, Car Amigo
“We are excited to get our second season started at Palm Beach in only a few weeks and we are looking forward to another successful year after a great debut in 2011. We have put together a very interesting schedule that will give our competitors a chance to race in some of the best tracks in the country.
We hope to keep growing our entries and would like to invite all Porsche GT3 Cup owners to join our championship and make the most of their cars in a competitive, yet friendly and exclusive racing environment!”

About Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo
The Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo is a Championship for 911 996/997 GT3 Cup cars which is run as a class or a stand-alone race. The series is part of the Porsche one make network and is positioned below the GT3 Cup Challenges to give owners of elder GT3 Cup cars the possibility to compete with their cars. It will be open to Porsche Cup GT3 RS/RSR cars from 2000 to 2012.

The series is divided into three groups that will compete for their own championship points and prizes. Group 1 will be for all 997 GT3 Cup cars, Group 2 will be for the older 996 GT3 Cup cars, and Group 3 will be an open category for any other GT3 Cup car that does not apply to the first two groups including RSRs, GT3Rs and Rolex cars.

From amateur drivers to professional racing teams, the series will be able to accommodate all GT3 Cup owners by offering a wide array of customizable services including car preparation, driver coaching, data acquisition services, catering and hospitality, among others. The newly formed Championship will join a variety of sanctioning bodies as it forms a unique and exciting exclusive Championship throughout the United States.

The series will hold its own season long championship and will feature exclusive sprint and enduro races at every race weekend. Prizes and trophies will provided by Mission Foods and Car Amigo and will be given to the top championship and individual events top finishers. www.gt3cuptrophyusa.com

About Mission Foods
Mission Foods, headquartered in Irving (Dallas area), Texas and Gruma S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexican corporation, was founded in 1949, and is one of the largest tortilla manufacturers in the United States. Gruma S.A.B. de C.V. is the parent company of Mission Foods (Gruma Corporation) and is a leading Mexican producer of corn masa flour and tortilla products. It has operations in Mexico, the United States, Central and South America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.missionmenus.com

About Car Amigo
Car Amigo is a motorsport restoration and preparation business specializing in restoring racing, muscle and historic cars. This Dallas, Texas based company offers complete rebuilds and custom fabrication as well as consignment and sales of history's finest automobiles, www.caramigo.com.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

I would like to go as it's 2 weeks after PCA at Sebring. Seems like a fun track and a cool vintage race weekend. Hope I can get another one of our guys to join me so we can make it affordable.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Mike,

I'm sure a transport and storage from the 48hrs to PBIR can be arranged......!

My car is stored and maintained 30 mins from PBIR.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Gus F
Instructor

Hi Mike, I'm doing both events, after Sebring we can take your car down to Miami to our shop, prepare it, have it raedy and take it for you to PBIR, we can also provide you with track support is you want, oru team is small but we try to do a good job, call me if you are interested,
Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

I was told the pbir track is mickey-mouse. Seems nice on the map and videos. How is it in a gt3 cup?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Gus F
Instructor

Well in relation to Sebring yes it is mickey mouse,but it is a really different track and will make an interesting contrast to Sebring; the tarmac is smooth and the long sweeping shape of turns 4,6 & 11 dominate the track. Actually I haven't been there for a while since I was doing time trials with my street mod GT3.
Mike if you are interested we can take care of you, i'll make a good deal for you.

i used to do 1:27's on my street car, I believe a 1:20 - 1:21 is a very good time in a '08 997 Cup!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not "Mickey-mouse," just different. The back straight is actually just 50 feet shorter than the back straight at Sebring. Turns 1-3 are great and the back complex is fun. People don't like turn 4-5 and 9 b/c they are big decreasing radius corners and they dont know how to set their car up for it. Track surface is excellent. Really different and fun track.

My guys can also provide support for you support and take your car back from Sebring. Give me a buzz if you're interested.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

PBIR is a very challenging track, requires precision & calm thinking. And as Peter says, the track surface is superb.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM
MariusRacer
Instructor

My best 07 cup time was a 1.18.6 on michelins.
Track is fun but you need patience!

Quick Reply: Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo is ready to kick of the season!