Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Teves MK60 ABS stand alone (BMW E46 M3 ABS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
jimmypet
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teves MK60 ABS stand alone (BMW E46 M3 ABS)

Hi Rennlist,
I posted this in the track section and realise maybe I posted it in the wrong area.

This is my first topic on Rennlist. I'm a BMW guy, but have been lurking on Rennlist for a while. It seems there is some small amount of traffic on Rennlist about the Teves MK60 stand alone installs in race cars (more than any other forum I could find). I'm installing that system into a BMW E30 M3 race car.

Have any of you installed the Teves MK60 (late model E46 M3 ABS) as a stand alone unit in your Cup cars?

If so any advice, or pics of your install you would be willing to share?
Looking for ideas, hints or any pitfalls, etc.
Very little information exists online.
I'm having trouble finding a service manual in english to download.

If you dont want to post pics or insight you could email to me at jimmypet at mac dot com

I will keep all replies sent via email 100% confidential.

Thanks in advance if anyone is wiling to share.
Cheers
jimmy
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Gus F
Instructor

I'm relative new to cup cars (less than a year owning and racing one), but never heard about installing a BMW ABS, I heard about a porsche motorsport system,...
Also to race most series or clubs require cup cars have to remain as they come from factory,...
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe james @ GMG has used Teves systems in his world challenge cups. he has said some very positive things about the system. My understanding is that its about a 8k system before installation. infact, i think he had one for sale he had posted about a month or so ago.

We at Trade manage Racing have had tremendous results with the Bosch MS4 ABS unit. its race-perfect. 12 variable settings, standalone harness or CAN integration to you can bus. drive adjustable by turning a dial. nice warning lights, on/off switches, great engineering. 2 custom-adjustable positions.

we ran these in our grand am continental challenge cars and our Rolex cup car.
its a mint system. we would always be changing the setting via the dash dial as the race moved on, as we started to lose grip etc. or if conditions changed.

that bosch system functionined flawlessly. Brian Sakata at Sakata Motorsports in California is a tremendous resource for that product.

good luck. i fyou have technical questions or want more detaisl PM me and ill shoot you my cell.
-Steve
Trade Manage Racing

Originally Posted by jimmypet
Hi Rennlist,
I posted this in the track section and realise maybe I posted it in the wrong area.

This is my first topic on Rennlist. I'm a BMW guy, but have been lurking on Rennlist for a while. It seems there is some small amount of traffic on Rennlist about the Teves MK60 stand alone installs in race cars (more than any other forum I could find). I'm installing that system into a BMW E30 M3 race car.

Have any of you installed the Teves MK60 (late model E46 M3 ABS) as a stand alone unit in your Cup cars?

If so any advice, or pics of your install you would be willing to share?
Looking for ideas, hints or any pitfalls, etc.
Very little information exists online.
I'm having trouble finding a service manual in english to download.

If you dont want to post pics or insight you could email to me at jimmypet at mac dot com

I will keep all replies sent via email 100% confidential.

Thanks in advance if anyone is wiling to share.
Cheers
jimmy
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Check out this thread here from 2010?
Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 PM
jimmypet
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Check out this thread here from 2010?
Thanks.
Thats the thread I was referring to (there are even a few others) which lead me to posting here on Rennlist.
I have written John Tecce an email through his website asking about his experience with the Teves system.
Thanks again.
jimmy
Old 01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I purchased a system from James @ GMG to install in my Cup S project. You might want to give Gary at GK Systems in Huntington Beach CA a call, he is going to be installing/programming mine.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 AM
sergini
Instructor

whant about the Apex Speed Technology ABS ?
works? price ?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:11 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

any news here?

Quick Reply: Teves MK60 ABS stand alone (BMW E46 M3 ABS)