Notices

2007 Cup help , Throttle body reset from the dash controls?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Cup help , Throttle body reset from the dash controls?

On our 2007 GT3 Cup, im trying to see if ther eis a way to do a Throttle Set ,(throttle body reset to zero) from the dash without having to break out the laptop and MOdas.

On the 2008, 2009, you push the two motec menu buttons for 3 secs. on the 2010, 2011s i believe its the Alarm and Page buttons on the wheel.

Ive tried both and a few other combos on the 2007. nothing.
ive checked all the motec settings on the 2007 motec dash manager config, no luck.

anyone know if its do-able from the cockpit witout the modas and laptop?
we do it every time we go thru the car to ensure its golden, and i hate connecting to the ECU if not necessary.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would give Gary @ GK Systems in Huntington Beach a call, he is a wiz with Motec.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 997 throttle

Steve

Are you trying to zero the throttle for the I2 data analysis? Not sure why you zero it with Motec otherwise. The '07 997 throttle cable has an adjuster behind the seat. When I worked with the 997's for Synergy Racing, we did set full open throttle with Modas before the 24 hour race but never messed with it the rest of the year. If you want to e-mail the config file, I'll take a look at it and tell you what the buttons are set up to do.
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you take all the tension off the throttle cable, shut the butterfly with the set screw to full closed. throttle shoudl be zero but it doesnt go negative (nor>100).
then with modas hit the "SET THROTTLE" which sets that full closed position as Zero. then reattach the cable, and set the throttle stop right where you get full throttle.

why? because we mussed with the cable, replaced the throttle cable, and we added the pmna auto blipper.
that inject slack into it. and frankly, once and a while wejust like to make sure its all zero'd out right.
if all things were perfect, then agreed, set it once and done. but its not exactly the case that things stay perfect and i like to go thru the steps not only to ensure its perfect, but also to ensure we stay tuned with the process.

i dont like to presume stuff is perfect, i like to prove it out and since that thing doesnt go negative, no way to know for sure.

Originally Posted by amso3
Steve

Are you trying to zero the throttle for the I2 data analysis? Not sure why you zero it with Motec otherwise. The '07 997 throttle cable has an adjuster behind the seat. When I worked with the 997's for Synergy Racing, we did set full open throttle with Modas before the 24 hour race but never messed with it the rest of the year. If you want to e-mail the config file, I'll take a look at it and tell you what the buttons are set up to do.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 AM
outline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont see anything in the 2006 or 2007 manual for this feature. its there clear as day in the 2008 one however.
if the buttons that operate it in 2008 dont seem to do anything on the 2007 car then you might need to ask porsche motorsport. they usually come back pretty quick with info.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Steve, in the Dash file, there is a Bosch TPS channel from the ECU called throttle degrees that then gets converted to a TPS value in the dash using a 2D table. So, the value you see on the dash is not a direct channel from the Bosch ECU, but a computed channel in MoTeC. In fact, there is no communications from the MoTeC dash back to the Bosch ECU so there is no way to reset any ECU function from the dash with or without the Laptop for the 2007 model.

The 2010/11 model has incorporated a way to reset the throttle by holding the next line and alarm ack buttons for 3 or more seconds.

Last edited by Geoffrey; 09-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Cup help , Throttle body reset from the dash controls?