Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

How do you down shift in a sequential?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
INFMS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GT3R has the same throttle body as the GT3RS road car, and has electronic blip etc, PMNA is ok with cars upto 2010 using the manthey blipper in the patron series, grand am and everything else is open
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INFMS
The PMNA does not exist anywhere else in the world, the rest of the world build there own motors/gearbox's etc, nobody in europe uses the PMNA blipper.
As for the paddle shift its been around for about 18 months in europe, if you would like one I can get them.
How much $$?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
INFMS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are hearing a grinding noise when you are down shifting, first of all make sure your clutch is adjusted correctly, and if it is, you could have an issue in your box. Blipping the throttle is only to match the engine rpm with road speed with the selected gear when you release the clutch. A downshift can be done clutchless as it is done by some drivers in supercup, but the gears need replacing frequently, porsche does not recommend this.
The factory drivers wear a pad on their right hands, they hit the gear levers very hard and really push it forward for a positive shift.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by INFMS
The GT3R has the same throttle body as the GT3RS road car, and has electronic blip etc, PMNA is ok with cars upto 2010 using the manthey blipper in the patron series, grand am and everything else is open
That seems contrary to the PMNA Bulletin that was posted on this thread. Either way, while the Manthey system seems great, I already instructed GMG to add the Porsche system. Plus, I like that is it a Porsche part...keeps me feeling warm and fuzzy inside. haha.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OMG ... after spending three days at Laguna Seca and trying out tons of different methods of heel, toe down shift I finally hit the sweet spot. When I do it right it was music to my ear! No grind, no jerk and the gear just synch with no fuss!! Yes, blip and push lever forward all at the same time! I need to make my own auto blipper so it can be disengaged when reverse etc. I can totally see the advantage in having it to save the tranny. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! One less thing to learn
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fleadh
Here's a lap from this afternoon at Infineon. Trying to figure out why the audio isn't working.... new setup == /sigh.

hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61V7XPWpoKM

edit: Replaced video with 1 of my 2 hot laps this morning at Infineon (left early after some vintage cars coated the T11 to T4 in oil). Can hear the engine a little bit better in this one.... The Chasecam setup is making me angry.. wish I didn't wait 4 months to install it.

-mike
Mike ... do you use your toes to pick up chop sticks at the Sushi bar?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Mike ... do you use your toes to pick up chop sticks at the Sushi bar?
And I can catch flies with them!

-mike
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fleadh
And I can catch flies with them!

-mike
lol

Great foot ... and toe work! I have trouble using chop sticks with my hands
Old 09-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
OMG ... after spending three days at Laguna Seca and trying out tons of different methods of heel, toe down shift I finally hit the sweet spot. When I do it right it was music to my ear! No grind, no jerk and the gear just synch with no fuss!! Yes, blip and push lever forward all at the same time! I need to make my own auto blipper so it can be disengaged when reverse etc. I can totally see the advantage in having it to save the tranny. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! One less thing to learn
See there you go. I knew you'd nail it! Stoked for you! Now let's see the footy...

Quick Reply: How do you down shift in a sequential?