Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Portable impact wrench options

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:12 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry it took me so long to post this, but here is the "T" arrangement I set up. Impact on the left, airjacks on the right (fitting obscured by dolly that the bottle is on).
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dope and then tape or just tape...?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:16 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KaiB
Dope and then tape or just tape...?
Just teflon tape works fine.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
2000gt3cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I am 165 lbs and ... feel like 85 years old most of the time lol. Thanks for the great advice JR. I went to airgas today and their largest 5' tall nitro tank run $300 to purchase then $30 to exchange the tank. I have an open trailer so I have to figure some ways to lay tank flat for transport and dolly around while on track. I can charge 50 cents for balloons ... wait, that's helium
battery operated will not work I have milwaukee and no.. I use two tanks one high pressure .. when it gets down to less than 450 then I switch that tank for tires.... lasts a long time that way.. and yes I break them with a bar then use the milwaukee to finish... in this way you use most of the tank and I don't use the big tanks.. mid sized for better handling... when the tank for the air jacks run out of steam it gets switched to tires only and a new tank goes for the air jacks... yes two regulators.. less trips to air gas... really works well..
Old 08-08-2011, 03:12 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
Just teflon tape works fine.
I'm a dope guy as I can never find one of the hundred or so rolls of tape I've purchased in the past ten years.

One popped up in 'Lil Audrey's sewing kit last week tho...
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Never one to discourage anyone else in the accumulation of more tools. And if you've got lot's of support, more power to you. But as someone who has lugged nitrogen bottles around for 8 years during our karting days, then more recently while running the F1600 and Cup car, if I can avoid messing with it I will. Just the trips to the welding center for refills suck up an hour and a half.
Meanwhile, a 40" 3/4"breaker bar removes center locks pretty easily. costs $50, lasts forever, never needs calibration or refills. Buy a nice 3/4" torque wrench for tightening if you like, but the breaker bar also torques them up pretty close as well once you get used to it. Just sayin'
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BrandonH
Never one to discourage anyone else in the accumulation of more tools. And if you've got lot's of support, more power to you. But as someone who has lugged nitrogen bottles around for 8 years during our karting days, then more recently while running the F1600 and Cup car, if I can avoid messing with it I will. Just the trips to the welding center for refills suck up an hour and a half.
Meanwhile, a 40" 3/4"breaker bar removes center locks pretty easily. costs $50, lasts forever, never needs calibration or refills. Buy a nice 3/4" torque wrench for tightening if you like, but the breaker bar also torques them up pretty close as well once you get used to it. Just sayin'
Only reason I got nitrogen was for the airjacks....If I've got the nitrogen tank there, well might as well bring an impact too!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
Sorry it took me so long to post this, but here is the "T" arrangement I set up. Impact on the left, airjacks on the right (fitting obscured by dolly that the bottle is on).
Thanks

I ordered a T at the nitrogen tank and will split one side for high pressure air jacka nd the other for air impact wrench.

Now I can't find the freaking fitting for Staubli JACO6 lance for the hose. It has some odd ball G3/8 thread and I check 20 local shops and they look at it like if it was from out of space

Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be pretty big too if it' "out of space"
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
dass
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harrop engineering have them in stock.

Quick Reply: Portable impact wrench options