Sponsored by:

Trailex Enclosed

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another perspective.

with my cayenne turbo, i pull a 20' alum cargopro (2300lbs) with total weight of ~5200lbs.
imho, i think the CTT is a great tow vehicle-- pulls hard and i often forget i have a trailer out back.
but, admittedly, i have no experience with any other truck.
no issues with sway or emergency stopping, although i am quite **** re in-trailer car placement, tongue weight, etc. i can imagine a real truck doing a better job, but, so far, i'm quite happy with towing with a SUV, at least with a relatively light enclosed trailer.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:39 PM
jonmacs22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
another perspective.

with my cayenne turbo, i pull a 20' alum cargopro (2300lbs) with total weight of ~5200lbs.
imho, i think the CTT is a great tow vehicle-- pulls hard and i often forget i have a trailer out back.
but, admittedly, i have no experience with any other truck.
no issues with sway or emergency stopping, although i am quite **** re in-trailer car placement, tongue weight, etc. i can imagine a real truck doing a better job, but, so far, i'm quite happy with towing with a SUV, at least with a relatively light enclosed trailer.
that is a very light car and limited spares or equipment you carry from those numbers. How do you achieve such small amounts? In my trailer I have the following:
Car - 2750
Spares race wheels/tires - 260 (8 total)
Tools, jack, etc - 200
Spare car parts/fluids - 100
Trailer spare - 60
Drinks/cooler/food - 50
TOTAL: 3420
Old 06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Originally Posted by jonmacs22
that is a very light car and limited spares or equipment you carry from those numbers. How do you achieve such small amounts? In my trailer I have the following:
Car - 2750
Spares race wheels/tires - 260 (8 total)
Tools, jack, etc - 200
Spare car parts/fluids - 100
Trailer spare - 60
Drinks/cooler/food - 50
TOTAL: 3420
i tried for some wiggle room with the "~" but i'd still say 5400lb max if i got a little extra extra in there.
i am very concious of carrying as little weight as possible-- trailer is bare with no cabinets or flooring and most of my weight is one spare set of wheels/tires and rotors/pads. minimal tools. my setup won't win any design awards for me, circumstances don't allow a pickup truck that primarily sees track towing duty, so i need to make an suv work.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:56 PM
jonmacs22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
i tried for some wiggle room with the "~" but i'd still say 5400lb max if i got a little extra extra in there.
i am very concious of carrying as little weight as possible-- trailer is bare with no cabinets or flooring and most of my weight is one spare set of wheels/tires and rotors/pads. minimal tools. my setup won't win any design awards for me, circumstances don't allow a pickup truck that primarily sees track towing duty, so i need to make an suv work.
I'm trying to get to an SUV solution myself (Touareg TDI) but need to cut the trailer weight first, hence my attempting to find a trailex enclosed.

I'm tired of owning the pick-up in the urban environment which I've been doing since 2004.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

my CTT has the air suspension. never had another pig, so can't compare. but suspension raises when towing and seems to work well. in fact, if i remember, i think you're not supposed to use sway bars with air suspension. i've heard people happy towing with touareg tdi.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Enclosed Trailex in VA for $10k.

http://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=25713

Quick Reply: Trailex Enclosed