Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:44 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

I am sending you a PM.

If you don't get it, my email is james@gmgracing.com.

I have a Patron spec 2010 car available and I am running 2 clients for the entire season with room for 1 more.

Regards,

James
GMG
www.gmgracing.com

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

ToppRacing@gmail.com out of TX has 3 full season drivers and room for more.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKid2
I am interested in running the series...Can anybody point me in the direction of a 2010 or 2011 car?
Low hour 2010 in the classifieds. Canada. No affiliation.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Strongly recommend James and his GMG outfit for running any professional or club race series, particularly Patron. They know how to get those Cup Cars to stand on their noses. Great outfit.
good luck.

Originally Posted by James-GMG
I am sending you a PM.

If you don't get it, my email is james@gmgracing.com.

I have a Patron spec 2010 car available and I am running 2 clients for the entire season with room for 1 more.

Regards,

James
GMG
www.gmgracing.com
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Glen
Race Car

Yes GMG does a great job of course.

Topp Racing maintained and support the Championship Platinum Car last Year and the 2nd Place Gold car, just FYI. Suffice it to say Todd is great also!

Best,
Glen
Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed! Several good shops out there to support someone looking for a car. FYI, seems like TPappas is selling is 2011 Cup car, grand am spec, post Daytona. And some of the smaller outfits like Deman, Speedsport can do equally as good a job.

Originally Posted by Glen
Yes GMG does a great job of course.

Topp Racing maintained and support the Championship Platinum Car last Year and the 2nd Place Gold car, just FYI. Suffice it to say Todd is great also!

Best,
Glen
Old 02-05-2011, 11:42 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Steve,

We appreciate the kind words.
2011 should be a great year of racing for GMG, looking forward to it!

And now with World Challenge on some real tires (or at least certainly better than the Toyos) the cars can turn some impressive lap times, despite the WC spec Pirelli having a harder compound than the 2010 Grand Am spec tire.

Good news is, you can beat the hell out of them and they stay pretty consistent.

Patron will be an exciting year as well, lot's of new cars/drivers and the competition should be strong.

Cheers,

James
GMG
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Glen
Race Car

James, nice drive yesterday. Did not look like anyone was even racy with You. What lap times did You see with the new config? Were You running the WC slicks?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Glen,

We had some fun this weekend....bummer about how many black flags there were this weekend.....lot's of carnage.
Did enjoy meeting a lot of RL's that I have emailed with but never met in person. That was the best part of the weekend.

We ran both the Grand Am spec Pirelli's on Thursday and the World Challenge spec Pirelli's on Fri/Sat and the GA version were about a second faster.
For the PCA race, we ran a best of 2:06.7 but with this harder compound, we could pound on them all race long and ran the same set for both races.

How come you didn't make it out?
Are you testing tomorrow for Patron?

We have another 4 days here with Patron testing and ALMS GTC testing so I should figure this place out by then.

Take care,

James
GMG
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Did enjoy meeting a lot of RL's that I have emailed with but never met in person. That was the best part of the weekend.
James-

Great meeting you. Good luck this year. Although I'm missing the Patron test, I will be there for the Sebring race. Probably only get to do that one and one other this year in the Gold class.

Best,

Peter
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Glen
Race Car

Hi Glen,

We had some fun this weekend....bummer about how many black flags there were this weekend.....lot's of carnage.

We ran both the Grand Am spec Pirelli's on Thursday and the World Challenge spec Pirelli's on Fri/Sat and the GA version were about a second faster.
For the PCA race, we ran a best of 2:06.7 but with this harder compound, we could pound on them all race long and ran the same set for both races.

How come you didn't make it out?
Are you testing tomorrow for Patron?

We have another 4 days here with Patron testing and ALMS GTC testing so I should figure this place out by then.

Take care,

James
GMG
Thanks for the feedback. Good info! hated missing it, trying to give myself recovery time from surgery...getting old...

No testing for me, will be running naked in mid March, looking forward to the series though, will come see You in person then.

Best to You and those You love,
GG
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry for the stupid question, but is this (Patron GT3) the same as the IMSA GT3 Challenge? Or different?

The reason I ask is because looking at the IMSA GT3 rules, the 996's aren't elegible starting this year... which isn't surprising considering the newest ones are now 6+ years old... :|

Btw James, if you don't mind posting could you give us a generic range of cost for a weekend in one of your cars at a Patron event? It doesn't have to be exact, and I'm sure you have many options that vary the cost... but something like 5 - 20k or something? If you're not comfortable posting in public, you can PM me. Thanks!

-mike
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
Sorry for the stupid question, but is this (Patron GT3) the same as the IMSA GT3 Challenge? Or different?
Same

The reason I ask is because looking at the IMSA GT3 rules, the 996's aren't elegible starting this year... which isn't surprising considering the newest ones are now 6+ years old... :|
The 996's haven't been eligible for about 3-4 years
Old 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Same

The 996's haven't been eligible for about 3-4 years
Oh, rite. I confused this series with the Pirelli Cup. I remember looking at them before I bought my 996 to see if it'd be eligible for anything. Thanks!

-mike
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw James, if you don't mind posting could you give us a generic range of cost for a weekend in one of your cars at a Patron event? It doesn't have to be exact, and I'm sure you have many options that vary the cost... but something like 5 - 20k or something? If you're not comfortable posting in public, you can PM me. Thanks!

-mike
$15-25k/weekend is what i've seen.

Quick Reply: 2011 Patron GT3 Challenge